Do you use Swadeshi products ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have used only one product of Amway and it was good i.e. Carwash liquid. Actually a friend of mine joined Amway and he used to harass :D me to buy Amway products which were good IMO too, but due to high prices I didn't use them.
I use it as also the polishing liquid and it is great.

I used to polish with Waxpol and it was back breaking.

The Amway Car polish is fantastic. You apply, let it dry a bit and just wipe....it shines.

Today's labour being such, neither love nor money can get them to work honestly and so I do my own work.

I also use the Steam Mop for cleaning my floors, windows etc.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Companies from Philip Morris International Inc. (PM) to Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL) are finding that overseas expansion has its drawbacks as a stronger dollar makes it more expensive to repatriate profits from abroad.

Colgate to Philip Morris Suffering With Dollar Gains - Bloomberg

Capital investment made in India can be repatriated fully repatriated along-with the profits after completing certain formalities. Also, returns on the investment can be repatriated in two forms i.e.: (1) "Dividend - dividend on shares held by foreign investors is fully repatriable subject to certain formalities, and (2) "Interest - interest earned on bonds or debentures can be repatriated after paying appropriate tax.

The profit, earned by the branch doing permitted activities can be remitted after payment of the necessary taxes in India, the branch office should submit an application for remittance to the authorized person along with necessary documents/certifica tes etc., as prescribed.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=F...j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Foreign capital invested in India is generally allowed to be repatriated along with capital appreciation, if any, after payment of taxes due on them, provided the investment was made on a repatriable basis.

The repatriation is, however, subject to any lock-in conditions that may be applicable on the industry sector under the foreign direct investment control regulations.
Repatriation of dividends

Profits and dividends earned from an Indian company are repatriable after payment of dividend distribution tax due on them. Permission of the RBI is not required to carry out remittances, subject to compliance with certain specified conditions.

Profits of LLP are repatriable without any payment of taxes and without any regulatory approval.
Other remittances

No prior approval is required to remit profits earned by Indian branches of companies (other than banks) incorporated outside India to their head offices outside the country. Remittances from the winding-up proceeds of a branch of a foreign company in India are permitted, subject to the RBI's approval.

In addition, sundry remittances are allowed for certain items, including gifts, repair charges for imported machinery, maintenance and legal expenses, subject to prescribed limits.
http://www.ey.com/IN/en/Services/Tax/Doing-Business-in-India-2012---Repatriation-of-funds

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

Being typical middle-middle-class, I usually look for value-for-money & safety/reliability/quality. Am mostly brand-neutral, but with a marked propensity towards niche companies (most of them happen to be of Western origin like Bose, Apple etc.) but some have their product manufacturing/assembling units either in my state (HP), Uttaranchal, Punjab, Maharashtra, Gujrat, Goa etc.

Like most people here, I order from Flipkart (mostly) & occasionally from likes of Amazon, Jabong, Myntra, Snapdeal & even HomeShop18 :)

Recently started trying Patanjali Yog products & was mighty impressed. Most people I know who have tried them had similar experiences. In fact, Ayurved has consistently amazed me to no end, since I remember. So, gradually, I am switching over to Patanjali Yog products in most categories.

If movies count, I was always a sucker for Hollywood trash & must be some sort of record-holder in many stupid ways :) Don't intend to change this, anyway.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Recently started trying Patanjali Yog products & was mighty impressed. Most people I know who have tried them had similar experiences. In fact, Ayurved has consistently amazed me to no end, since I remember. So, gradually, I am switching over to Patanjali Yog products in most categories.
Lets get some Swadeshi mojo going on

Which products did you try ?
And what Ayurvedic things would you recommend ?

TrueSpirit

I tried: Tooth paste, facewash, facepack, scrubber, shampoo, hair oil, conditioner, ointments, some health supplements & so on :)

P.S. Wouldn't recommend anything otherwise demand will shoot-up like what Baba Ramdev pronouncements did with Walnuts....try whatever you want.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Imagine the US saying swadesi in software & outsourcing. Or swadesi in garments sector. What era is this,1920s?

People go by quality,affordability,brand. Billions are spent on branding. Swadesi is not bad if it has come through the grinds and established itself competing with others in the fray. But its bad if its under protection and banning others.

There are certain home grown brands. Since we talk of FMCGs, companies like ITC have huge presence manufacturing in India.

Nothing comes free. You have to earn it. In a globalized economy,things like swadesi are outdated unless you have a good product or service. Luckily India is slowly catching up

drkrn

What do you mean by American Company ?

Colgate has sales of say 1000 Crores, it makes 100 Crores in Profit. Do you think they give back 100 Crores to their parent company in USA ?
of course they do

drkrn

Imagine the US saying swadesi in software & outsourcing. Or swadesi in garments sector. What era is this,1920s?

People go by quality,affordability,brand. Billions are spent on branding. Swadesi is not bad if it has come through the grinds and established itself competing with others in the fray. But its bad if its under protection and banning others.

There are certain home grown brands. Since we talk of FMCGs, companies like ITC have huge presence manufacturing in India.

Nothing comes free. You have to earn it. In a globalized economy,things like swadesi are outdated unless you have a good product or service. Luckily India is slowly catching up
you are comparing a stable,strong economy to struggling one.
true globalization is reality

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I avoid using Swadeshi products unless I am absolutely sure they are good quality, e.g. Hawkins cooker, Godrej almari/locks, Parle-G biscuit etc. :D

TrueSpirit

What I would definitely not recommend is: Himalaya products. Most of their products are pretty ineffective or could be, counter-productive. They are just milking the name of Indian Himalaya & Ayurveda (there are few more masquerading as Ayurvedic wannabes-to be avoided at all costs). In my opinion, this is quite a dubious company with zilch R&D investment or quality-control focus & invests only in marketing.

Instead, an old Indian company called Baidyanath & Vicco, too are much better in these regards. Though a subjective assessment, but it is not just a personal experience but visited the R&D/manufacturing plants & herbal estates of these companies & my conclusions derive from comparative evaluation between these companies.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I do .. >>

havells electrical products
TVS Bike
Some Indian made computer products
Voltas AC ( TATA )
Planning to get Mahindra XUV ..

And many other, Promoting Indian made product is important to raise our economy, We need to improve our product quality also which should be no less than European products ..

Watch this Docomentry >>

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
What I would definitely not recommend is: Himalaya products. Most of their products are pretty ineffective or could be, counter-productive. They are just milking the name of Indian Himalaya & Ayurveda (there are few more masquerading as Ayurvedic wannabes-to be avoided at all costs). In my opinion, this is quite a dubious company with zilch R&D investment or quality-control focus & invests only in marketing.

Instead, an old Indian company called Baidyanath & Vicco, too are much better in these regards. Though a subjective assessment, but it is not just a personal experience but visited the R&D/manufacturing plants & herbal estates of these companies & my conclusions derive from comparative evaluation between these companies.
I tried: Tooth paste, facewash, facepack, scrubber, shampoo, hair oil, conditioner, ointments, some health supplements & so on :)

P.S. Wouldn't recommend anything otherwise demand will shoot-up like what Baba Ramdev pronouncements did with Walnuts....try whatever you want.
For single ingredient products I prefer Himalaya, after the heavy metal controversy they really upped their game.

For Asava and Arishta I use Dabur products.

For herbal formulas, I generally buy them from the wholeseller or use Patanjali or sometimes Baidyanath formulations.

Multani's products are a hit and miss. Never used any Vicco product.

Patanjali is marketing, branding, packaging and not really producing / manufacturing afaik. I have reduced reliance on their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
For single ingredient products I prefer Himalaya, after the heavy metal controversy they really upped their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
What do ya use for ze beautiful hair of yours ? Your haircut is kinda different :troll:.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I used to take Aciloc and Gelusil as prescribed by a doctor for acidity, but it harmed my digestion in the long term, so I started to use ayurvedic medicines like Avipattikar churna, Gaisantak bati after consulting an ayurvedacharya which worked well, he suggestd me to change my diet and I did. Earlier I have used many Baidyanath products unknowingly as my father used to take them, and they were good.

So far as my experience with Patanjali products is concerned, their products are really affordable and high quality. I have used their Honey, Daliya, Soaps, Toothpaste and a Shampoo, I will try more products from their catalogue as I am satisfied with what I used.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I used to take Aciloc and Gelusil as prescribed by a doctor for acidity, but it harmed my digestion in the long term, so I started to use ayurvedic medicines like Avipattikar churna, Gaisantak bati after consulting an ayurvedacharya which worked well, he suggestd me change my diet and I did.Earlier I have used many Baidyanath products unknowingly as my father used to take them, and they were good.
This condition can be checked with diet and lifestyle. You can use Amla Powder too.

Just for my curiosity, how did the Ayurvedacharya diagnose you ?

So far as my experience with Patanjali products is concerned, there products are really affordable and high quality. I have used their Honey, Daliya, Soaps, Toothpaste and a Shampoo, I will try more products from their catalogue as I am satisfied with what I used.
Honey suppliers of Patanjali also supply to other companies. Almost all leading brands have crap Honey quality.
Antibiotics in honey | Centre for Science and Environment

Their Daliya formula is good.

Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soaps, Biscuits etc are inherently anti-Ayurvedic.

Look at their Dantkanti Toothpaste for eg.

1.55gms of herbs per 10gms.

==
Rest 8.45 grams comprises the Base material

Calcium Carbonate- 38-42% , Sorbitol-18-22%, Glycerine-4-8%, Sodium Banzoate-1.0-1.6%, PPt. Silica- 3.0-4.5%, perfume-1.0-1.3%, SLS Powder- 2.0-2.7%, Triclosan- 0.03-0.5, SCMC-0.550-0.625%, water-Q.S."

Calcium Carbonate - Abrasive.
Sorbitol - Sweetener and Antibacterial.
Glycerine - Sweetner and Preservative.
Sodium Benzoate - Preservative.
Silica - Abrasive
Perfume - Smell
Sodium Lauryal Sulfate - Surfactant
Triclosan - Antimicrobial
Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose - Thickener

==

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
@Singh

This condition can be checked with diet and lifestyle. You can use Amla Powder too.

Just for my curiosity, how did the Ayurvedacharya diagnose you ?
He asked the symptoms and checked the Nadi, advised some medicines for 15 days and asked to come again. However my own life is full of stress, so I have Insomnia, which he said is the prime reason for my acidity problem. And I agree that Insomnia is the basic problem which causes health problems to me ,and I think the diet control he asked + the ayurvedic medicines (Baidyanath brand) have worked for me, because I was already carefull about my diet, avoiding oily and spicy foods, but it wasn't helping with Aciloc and such medicines. Even after eating very less and simple foods + Aciloc/Gelusil I was not getting any relief. But ayurvedic medicine started to work after 4-5 days of starting them.

For DantKanti and Patanjali products, yup I noticed that, but it has worked well for me.

One more thing Alprazolam tabs did not work when I had high acidity and indigestion, I used to take 1/4 part of 0.25 mg Alprazolam twice a week to maintain sleep, but during acidity one full tablet was not working and I didn't wish to take high power tabs. Something really bad had happened to my digestion system then. From which I got relief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles