Do you believe in Reincarnation ?

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by A chauhan, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Do you believe in Reincarnation ?

Poll closed Jul 11, 2013.
  1. Yes, I do believe.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, I don't.

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I have no interest in this.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. I have interest but haven't researched about it.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Happened to watch the reincarnation episode of "Savadhan India, India fights back" in which a boy of 7 remembers his past birth , goes to his village in Punjab with his parents then finds out his killer, finally the killer got punished in the court of law. It was interesting to watch and it forced me to search in this regard, and what I found was Ian Stevenson's journeys to many countries where he investigated and wrote down the witness statements in all such claims of alleged reincarnation and after studying more than 2,500 cases worldwide he wrote many books, one of them was "20 cases suggestive of reincarnation", I read some of his reported cases and those were amazing. What do you guys think? Do you believe in reincarnation ?

Savdhan India -- India Fights Back - Reincarnation Case - YouTube

3. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I feel reincarnated every time I come over to the DFI!

It is not me, it is my reincarnation here!

parijataka, Illusive, Singh and 2 others like this.
  5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

A small girl in my neighbourhood (many moons back) turned out to be an "incarnation" of her own greatgrandmother. She could recount tales of her greatgrandmother, stories about grandfather, about their village in pre-partition India and speak the local dialect (It was Bannu I think, same place where @farhan_9909 is from). However, as she got older she forgot all about it, the whole thing lasted maybe a few weeks.

I, personally, firmly believe in re-incarnation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    parijataka and A chauhan like this.
  6. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

Yes i firmly believe in re-incarnation because idea of permanent hell or heaven does not make sense to me.

parijataka, rock127 and Tianshan like this.
  7. Tianshan

Tianshan Regular Member

i agree, re-incarnation makes a lot more sense than permanent heaven or hell.

like buddha said, nothing is permanent.

8. A chauhan

I was little skeptic in this regard but after reading some of the books on reincarnation research and some study I am now a believer of reincarnation. Ian Stevenson takes his research to a step further, where he identifies the birthmarks on the person reborn with the causes of death of his previous personality, i.e. if he has committed suicide via shooting at his head then he will have a scar on the same portion of the head or he will suffer piercing headache at the same place where he shot himself in the previous birth, he even said that if a person commits suicide to avoid any problem of life, he has to face the same problem in his next birth. He also found that a soul can drive two bodies at the same time, and it was something new to me, and he gives details of Helmut Kohler's case for this.

9. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

I regard reincarnation to be utter nonsense. One of those mystical religious concepts invented to scare people into being "good" during their lifetimes.

The world and everything in it is utterly and depressingly physical. We're born, we procreate, we die, that's all there is to it.

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

-Genesis 3:19 (King James Version)

The Messiah likes this.
  10. LordOfTheUnderworlds

LordOfTheUnderworlds Regular Member

3 Ways to Remember Your Past Lives - wikiHow

11. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

12. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

But its too depressing

13. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

Yes, but that is reality. As Richard Dawkins says, the Universe does not owe any of us a sense of hope.

Razor likes this.
  14. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

I don't know about you but I believe true contentment can only be attained through a nihilistic approach. Indeed I am a nihilist.

Known_Unknown likes this.
  15. A chauhan

"Rational Correctness" is a fashion, people deny any thing if it goes against their common belief, that's why such subjects are taken with a muted tone, however it's a matter of personal belief. Past life regression is a different thing and remembering the past life without such methods is different. Science simply fails to reject it if a boy of 3 correctly remembers his previous life without being tutored or getting affected by the other possible ways. One who does not believe in reincarnation should read any one of these books related to it :-
    Ian Stevenson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia specially "20 Cases suggestive of Reincarnation".

Ian Stevenson has not left any chances of criticism, he has done his job in a method it should have been done, he himself has examined such cases from the PoV of fraud, financial benefit, tutoring, geographical limitations, linguistic possibilities, genetic memory etc. that's why his critics were speechless. He did all his research mostly from 1960-2003, and I will call him a brave person who did such a vast research in a subject that his religion rejects, that too in an era when people used to follow Church's teachings. You can't reject his work without having gone through it.

To me the idea of judgement day or permanent hell/heaven is a nonsense and idiotic.

16. A chauhan

17. A chauhan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was one of the cases that Ian Stevenson investigated he has investigated almost 2500+ cases worldwide, sorry I can't post all those cases due to copyright issues, if you want to read them you can buy his books online.