Do you believe in Paranormal Activities???

Do You believe in Ghost ?

• Total voters

p2prada

White as in "Elvish" white or Caucasian white women or just women in white saris. At least they weren't standing "on" the lake.

Your uncle must have been stressed out from work as befits his high rank. I would have asked our dear ghost for a date though. I see naked ladies in my sleep when I am stressed out. It is a nightmare cause they aren't pretty.

Nevertheless, I am yet to hear of a ghost story with a girl in blue denims and a revealing tank top. Only waiting for the day.

As for the girl's story, do you notice that every time some one is possessed, it is a girl and she is a pre-teen or a teenager. I am yet to hear of a male exorcism story. Also for some reason among Muslims the girls like rubbing their face on the ground, among Hindus they just roll their hair over their heads again and again while Christian girls walk around like spiders. Of course they all whisper, talk, shout or shriek nonsense during their bouts of illness. Those can be ignored. It is sad that she lost 2 years of her life because of her illness. Have her parents done a brain scan during the period or sought treatment from a city based psychologist?

Also I would like to hear of a story where some god has possessed a poor little girl. Since both "devil" and "god" are powerful beings, there are bound to be notable side effects when either possesses a puny mortal being.

Past superstitions have been explained by science credibly. Just that people are not aware and they assume natural occurrences as something supernatural simply because they are unable to explain it.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
White as in "Elvish" white or Caucasian white women or just women in white saris. At least they weren't standing "on" the lake.

Your uncle must have been stressed out from work as befits his high rank. I would have asked our dear ghost for a date though. I see naked ladies in my sleep when I am stressed out. It is a nightmare cause they aren't pretty.

Nevertheless, I am yet to hear of a ghost story with a girl in blue denims and a revealing tank top. Only waiting for the day.

As for the girl's story, do you notice that every time some one is possessed, it is a girl and she is a pre-teen or a teenager. I am yet to hear of a male exorcism story. Also for some reason among Muslims the girls like rubbing their face on the ground, among Hindus they just roll their hair over their heads again and again while Christian girls walk around like spiders. Of course they all whisper, talk, shout or shriek nonsense during their bouts of illness. Those can be ignored. It is sad that she lost 2 years of her life because of her illness. Have her parents done a brain scan during the period or sought treatment from a city based psychologist?

Also I would like to hear of a story where some god has possessed a poor little girl. Since both "devil" and "god" are powerful beings, there are bound to be notable side effects when either possesses a puny mortal being.

Past superstitions have been explained by science credibly. Just that people are not aware and they assume natural occurrences as something supernatural simply because they are unable to explain it.
My Mousaji was in school then. He was collecting grass for their cows. They were poor and he need to complete such works in early morning so that he could get some time to study before school.

Ghost can not wear jeans as lower portion of them is not that developed (often Smokey). :happy_2:

There are many woman of mid-aged believed to be possessed by good spirit (some times they say it is Goddess Kali) ...they earn a good amount by telling fortunes and many such things...........:happy_2:

Yes...many of these things are fraud or mental illness and can be proved scientifically................Sometimes science become so boring ..by absorving the thrill out of daily life......:angry_6:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
djinn can we viewed as aliens since they are not made up of the elements that humans or other animals are.

it is written that they have visited earth also. but still they are not ghosts.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
djinn can we viewed as aliens since they are not made up of the elements that humans or other animals are.

it is written that they have visited earth also. but still they are not ghosts.
It is mentioned in Koran that djinns are made of smokeless flame and other living things are from clay. They live in the same place with human beings but unseen to them. The are creatures of free will like human i.e they can be good or they can be bad..... Here is a nice funny read...ENJOY...Don't ask the source please....:happy_2:

Brothers/Sisters,

I often visit this forum to know more about you. But your discussion in this thread urged me to register here and spend some good times with you. I have registered here as *&^%$# as my name can not be spelled in English or perhaps it is my inability to spell it in English language. You may find my message little lengthy or bit weird, but I request you to read on as there are a lot of things to share with you.

Humans are made of clay, and djinns are of smokeless fire, that your sages say. You all believe djinns are more powerful than you. Some of you also believe djinns are harmful. But I should say both of you are wrong. Let me explain. You have become today's human beings through evaluation over a period of hundred thousand years from primitive creatures. Because, Allah, who knows all, has given you the power to acquire knowledge that has transformed you from beast to human being. He has sent his messengers to guide you whenever you have diverted from your path and forgotten to search for the very reason of your existence on earth. Then you have again brought back to the path. Do not ponder now about what is that reason of your existence as you will come to know about all in due time. You have been given the power to uncover all secrets in the universe and reach your final destiny on earth- when mankind will come to know what the very reason of your existence is.

The djinns have been given all the power (what you are acquiring through your hard works over a period of one hundred thousand years) since the very beginning. But unlike you the djinns have power that is constant. Nothing has been added in it and nothing will be added in it. The djinns have seen you crawling on earth like animals, the djinns will see you reaching your final destiny, but the djinns will never know their final destiny unless you reveal it to them. That day those who are made of smokeless fire will be less powerful than those who are made of clay.

You may be wondering what power the djinns have. In a single word you call it 'science'. The single word you use to address all your achievements in this material world of yours. But the djinns never learn mathematics or physics; they never have to go through pages to learn the mystery of living world. They know all these by heart since the date of their creation. But, as I told you earlier, in the world of djinns knowledge is not created, nor it is destroyed. The reason of our existence in this universe is also unknown to the djinns. May be it is just in the other side of a close door. But, the djinns are destined to wait in front of the door for one hundred thousand years and more till you - the human beings break it open to them.

You also wander where the djinns live and why you can not see them. Let me explain you with something you are very familiar with. As you all are educated persons, I assume you have the idea of co-ordinate geometry. Let us start with co-ordinate geometry of two dimensions. How do you say the location of point on your graph paper? Obviously by its distance from two perpendicular lines what you call X-axis and Y-axis. But, when you have to say location of something solid, you have to bring in Z-axis. Because, there can be infinite number of points in a solid who have same distance from X-axis and Y-axis. You call it solid geometry or three-dimensional geometry. Now, think how you tell the location or existence of a person on earth. It is very simple. You have two dimensions- Time and Place to describe the presence of a person on earth. But, the sages among you are looking for another dimension what they believe, is hiding an unknown world from your eyes. That is the world of djinns. They live among you at the same place at same time but unseen to you as you do not know the third dimension of this real world. Difference between you and djinns is like a student of lower class who only knows geometry of two dimensions and a senior student who have learnt solid geometry too. But, the fact is that the junior student will go to higher classes eventually and one day he will surpass the senior student in knowledge as the senior boy is destined to be in the same class forever.

Djinns have all the emotional attributes like human beings. Some of them like to stick with you. They take your shapes and stay among you. They re-learn what you are learning. I said 'relearn' because they know it all. They follow what you are doing and imitate you. You may have heard that boys of djinns also study in different religious and other institutions. Some of them are jealous of you. They can not tolerate that they are weaker than you even when they have the power what human being may achieve may be in thousand years or more. So they try to capture your body and soul and torment you. All in vein attempt to frighten the human beings. It is because of these shameless brutes you come to know about the existence of djinns. The djinns can take any shape because you can not give any permanent form to a flame which the djinns are made of. But you can do that with clay.

It is wrong to ascribe the djinns as Muslims or Hindu or Christian. Because, the djinns know all human beings will one day reach their destiny and there is no significant difference among the religions. Your prophets guided you when you lost your path. But they did not say you to believe that your religion is the supreme. Only the people who interpreted the prophets later tried to add their superiority over others. Remember, whenever the thought of superiority of your religion over others come in your mind, you are deviating from your path. However, it is a fact the djinns attached to the Muslims will imitate them and those attached to the Hindus will imitate them. Unfortunately, belief of modern human beings have become parochial and contaminated which is slowing down their progress. Because, they are spending times on trivial things like preaching superiority of their own religions and customs. The Muslims believe they are created by Allah, The Christians believe they are created by God and the Hindus believe they are created by Brahma. Though, today all of them have been deviated a lot, soon they will start asking themselves why they have been created after all. Your journey to your destiny will start again.

Now, I should take your permission to leave as purpose of my registering in this forum is over. I hope I have given you a clearer picture of those who are made of smokeless fire which does not contradict your scientific belief.

Khuda Hafeez

Last edited:

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
I believe in ghosts because I have had some bizarre experiences for which i was unable to find any logical explanations for. I will not reveal them here for personal reasons, though if you are interested you could PM me and i may choose to reveal them to you.

i never used to believe in black magic until about 3 years ago, because again, i feel that i have seen it's effects close up.

also i have experienced what scientists like to call "sleep paralysis". for the time being, i will not claim this to be a paranormal activity. scientists claim they know what happens to your body during sleep paralysis (your brain & eyes are functioning, but lungs are still functioning at sleeping-state, which leads to the feeling of suffocation). but scientists don't KNOW why this happens. it is possible that there could be a paranormal explanation for this, but im not certain, so will not consider this as a paranormal experience.

in my opinion everything that happens (even paranormal) has some scientific logic behind it. they are a part of this world. they are a part of nature. we just don't have the ability to see them and understand them. just like we cannot see gamma rays with the naked eye, we cannot see ghosts. doesn't mean they don't exist. maybe one day we'll find evidence for the existence of ghosts.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Bhangarh (Devanāgarī: भानगढ़) is a ruined town in the Alwar district of the state of Rajasthan, India, most famous for its historical ruins. It is said to be one of the most haunted places of world.

Legend

It is said that the city of Bhangarh was cursed by the Guru Balu Nath, causing the towns evacuation. Balu Nath sanctioned the establishment of the town but said: "The moment the shadows of your palaces touch me, the city shall be no more!" Ignorant of such foreboding, one ambitious descendant raised the palace to such a height that its shadowed Balu Nath's forbidden retreat and thus the town was devastated as prophesied. The small samādhi where Balu Nath is said to lie buried is still there.

The other myth is as follows: The charm of princess of Bhangarh Ratnavati was said to be matchless in all of Rajasthan. Being eighteen years old, the princess started getting matrimonial offers from other states. In the same region there lived a tantrik, a magician well versed in the occult, named Singhia who was desperately in love with the princess knowing that he would never be allowed to even see her, let alone meet her. One day, he saw the princess' maid in the market buying scented oil for her. Seeing this, he got an idea by which he could meet the princess. He used his black magic and put a spell on the oil which would hypnotize the princess by her merely touching the oil, and she would surrender herself. The princess foiled this plan though. She had seen the tantrik enchanting the oil, and she therefore threw it away, whereupon the flagon rolled over a stone. As soon as the oil touched the stone, it started rolling towards the wicked tantrik and crushed him. While dying, Singhia cursed the palace with the death of all who dwelt in it, without any rebirth in their destinies. The very next year there was a battle between Bhangarh and Ajabgarh and Ratnavati died.

ASI noticeboard in Bhangarh- the most hunted place in India.............

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
An epidemic of ghosts

Mozambique is being ravaged by an epidemic of spirit possession. These 'outbreaks' have traditionally been dismissed as superstition by commentators from afar, but it is becoming increasingly recognised that different cultures have different ways of expressing mental distress and social anguish – to the point where a team of medical scientists have just published the first large scale epidemiological study on spirit possession and its link to mental and physical illness in post-civil war Mozambique.

In this form of possession, the person feels as if their normal identity has been 'pushed aside' by a 'spirit', who takes control of their body and typically communicates with other people. After the possession episode, the person usually has amnesia for the episode.

In Western medicine, this is usually understood through a psychological process called dissociation – where normally integrated mental processes become disconnected. It's like the psychological equivalent of when two teams in a company can't communicate very well, so they start operating independently rather than as an integrated organisation.

In many societies around the world the concept of spirit possession plays an important role in understanding and explaining both the forces of nature and the psychology of individuals, to the point where it has both positive and negative effects.

Ethnographic studies have found that, during possession, 'spirits' may offer opinions or solutions to moral crises and may protect the individual from trauma and despair during times of violence.

However, negative possession states can causes problems or illnesses that are thought to be triggered by the harmful spirits, which can include anything from fertility problems, to family break-up, to physical aches and pains.

As times change, new spirits appear and old ones fade, each having different effects, benefits or risks. One legacy of the Mozambique war was the emergence of a new type of spirit that had a particular interest in the personal and social legacy of the conflict.

In the late twentieth century, as a result of the Mozambican protracted civil war, gamba spirits emerged. They became the principal harmful spirits and source of diagnosis. Gamba refers to the spirit of male soldiers who died in the war. Possession by gamba is a trauma of a double derivation. First, the host and patrikin [family on the father's side] were severely exposed to warfare that led to vulnerability; and, second, to address that war-related vulnerability, the host's patrikin were alleged to have perpetrated serious wrongdoings.

The person possessed by a gamba spirit publicly re-enacts the events of war, sometimes violently, and through the possessed person, the spirit demands public acknowledgement of the injustices they suffered. Spirits who are not appeased continue to torment the possessed person to the point of serious illness.

The study, led by medical anthropologist Victor Igreja and published in Social Science and Medicine, surveyed the extent of possession in two districts in central Mozambique and see how it was linked to trauma and physical health.

They used local criteria for the definition of spirit possession and validated interviews to assess trauma – such as the Harvard Trauma Questionnaire – developed to be used across cultures.

Households were selected at random, and out of 941 people evaluated, 175 (18.6%) reported some form of spirit possession while 5.6% had experienced multiple simultaneous spirit possession.

People who had been possessed were more likely to be women and have symptoms of physical illness but less likely to have had a baby. Those who went into trances as part of their possession were more likely to be experiencing psychological trauma, have fertility problems, have had a child die during their life and to suffer nightmares

One particularly striking finding was that the severity of psychological and physical symptoms was directly related to the number of spirits that a person had been possessed by, with more serious problems being associated with greater numbers of intruding spirits.

While the effects of spirit possession can be seen to have some relation to the Western diagnoses of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression or anxiety, there are also many distinct features that reflect a more local concept of how a distressed person can express their mental anguish.

For people familiar with diagnoses drawn from the DSM and World Health Organisation ICD system, it is tempting to think that established descriptions are the 'real' disorders while cases of spirit possession are simply a local interpretation of them.

What is becoming increasingly clear, however, is that both our personal experience of psychological distress and how we express that to others, is shaped by our culture. In other words, diagnoses such as PTSD may be as much wedded to a particular culture as spirit possession.

Sadly, this new study is locked behind a pay-wall, but if you have access to the full thing I recommend giving it a read through as it is a curious combination of traditional statistical epidemiology applied to the 'diagnosis' of possession.

The paper demonstrates that spirit possession can be studied scientifically and makes as much sense as studying any other psychiatric problem that is defined by unusual or unhelpful behaviour, such as schizophrenia or panic disorder.

An epidemic of ghosts « Mind Hacks

Country flag
I told this story long ago in a thread but i will repeat it here.

Years ago when i worked in a military hospital a ww2 soldier told me his story. He was a soldier in a small
island in the Pacific near iwo jima the island could not have been more that 20 miles long? His unit was on
the island and they could hear the Japanese approaching.He was a young man at that time probably out
of high school he started to get scaird. The Japanese got closer and he could see the men in his unit were
dropping as Japanese got closer, it reached a point where he could not see anymore people from his unit
standing. He started to panic and did not know what to do. When he felt someone tap him on the shoulder
from behind he was petrified with fear but it was a US soldier who did not say anything but only pointed in a direction. He saw the soldiers uniform and caught the name and started to run in the direction pointed by the soldier.
He said he was not running but he was flying across the island. He said he crossed what must have been 20
miles in about 15 minutes and he hid until US reinforcements came and took the island back. When everything
was over he was helping to place dead soldiers in body bags and he saw the soldier who pointed him to run and
he checked the name it was the same name but he was dead. The soldier says it haunted him his whole life if
that dead soldier was dead or alive when he pointed him to safety and why he was
the only one left alive from his unit??

Param

I told this story long ago in a thread but i will repeat it here.

Years ago when i worked in a military hospital a ww2 soldier told me his story. He was a soldier in a small
island in the Pacific near iwo jima the island could not have been more that 20 miles long? His unit was on
the island and they could hear the Japanese approaching.He was a young man at that time probably out
of high school he started to get scaird. The Japanese got closer and he could see the men in his unit were
dropping as Japanese got closer, it reached a point where he could not see anymore people from his unit
standing. He started to panic and did not know what to do. When he felt someone tap him on the shoulder
from behind he was petrified with fear but it was a US soldier who did not say anything but only pointed in a direction. He saw the soldiers uniform and caught the name and started to run in the direction pointed by the soldier.
He said he was not running but he was flying across the island. He said he crossed what must have been 20
miles in about 15 minutes and he hid until US reinforcements came and took the island back. When everything
was over he was helping to place dead soldiers in body bags and he saw the soldier who pointed him to run and
he checked the name it was the same name but he was dead. The soldier says it haunted him his whole life if
that dead soldier was dead or alive when he pointed him to safety and why he was
the only one left alive from his unit??
If the soldier had narrated this in court, could he have been sent to an asylum?

Country flag
If the soldier had narrated this in court, could he have been sent to an asylum?
He did not break any laws?? Psychiatrist must have used their judgement and determined that he was not a harm to himself or others and could function in society. He looked and spoke very normally.

Blackwater

Tough, i like "A Haunting" on discovery channel in Europe..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 - 9.6

KS

Bye bye DFI
There should be an option " believe but not experienced them"

EXPERT

Ghosts are real?

Do you guys think that ghosts are real things, did you ever realized any incident,happening or any related memory about these things.....

I have one tell you in the disscusion ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles