Do you believe everything on internet

nimo_cn

Country flag

Some Indian member had posted it here before, what comes into your mind at your first sight of that picture?

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I believe everything I see on DFI. :)

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Post the picture along with your original post!

What comes to mind at first sight? Well, the media can be manipulative and dishonest to suit their own needs.

It is already known - most people here would accept that!

EDIT: Wait a moment! I didn't know this was the picture you were referring to - I thought you were referring to that Al-Jazeera/Neutral/Fox News image of US soldiers in Iraq!!!!

Communication gap here - that's why you should have posted it in the article to begin with!! :frusty:

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
One should read both sides and form an opinion without any bias.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Alby has posted a very interesting image related to this in the Chit Chat thread, check it out.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
...what comes into your mind at your first sight of that picture?
Too much firepower for one little girl. Doesn't he have a Makarov?

nimo_cn

Country flag
No doubt it is a very horrible picture, because horrible thing is happening in the picture, people are getting killed.

But without any context, we can have a lot of explanations, and a lot of them seem to make sense. One popular explanation to this picture in many english forums should be "PLA murdering Tibetans", in fact that is how I was presented with this picture here. The picture was posted as proof of atrocities of PLA in Tibet.

Of course, I didn't believe that. As a Chinese, I have basic common sense about PLA which enables to tell the differences between PLA and Chinese police. The uniform of the gunmen told me they are armed police, not PLA soldiers. And more importantly the woman in the picture didn't look like a Tibetan at all, she was obviously a Han.

But that is me, a Chinese growing up in China and knows every detail about China. For those who don't know much about China., a short note on the picture such as "PLA murdering Tibetans" may mean the whole story to you and sadly you accept the story.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No doubt it is a very horrible picture, because horrible thing is happening in the picture, people are getting killed.

But without any context, we can have a lot of explanations, and a lot of them seem to make sense. One popular explanation to this picture in many english forums should be "PLA murdering Tibetans", in fact that is how I was presented with this picture here. The picture was posted as proof of atrocities of PLA in Tibet.

Of course, I didn't believe that. As a Chinese, I have basic common sense about PLA which enables to tell the differences between PLA and Chinese police. The uniform of the gunmen told me they are armed police, not PLA soldiers. And more importantly the woman in the picture didn't look like a Tibetan at all, she was obviously a Han.

But that is me, a Chinese growing up in China and knows every detail about China. For those who don't know much about China., a short note on the picture such as "PLA murdering Tibetans" may mean the whole story to you and sadly you accept the story.
Never the less a girl is being executed. If some criminal was being executed then it would be different.

It doesn't matter whether it is a han or not.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Post the picture along with your original post!

What comes to mind at first sight? Well, the media can be manipulative and dishonest to suit their own needs.

It is already known - most people here would accept that!
Chinese police are executing criminals, ruthless it may look like, but that is what was happening and that is what comed into my mind when I saw that picture.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Chinese police are executing criminals, ruthless it may look like, but that is what was happening and that is what comed into my mind when I saw that picture.
And what were her crimes ?

I highly doubt that cooked up story.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Wait a moment! I didn't know this was the picture you were referring to - I thought you were referring to that Al-Jazeera/Neutral/Fox News image of US soldiers in Iraq!!!!

Communication gap here - that's why you should have posted it in the article to begin with!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles