Do Law Officers of Indian Army go in Combat?

shom

Army recruitment program of law officer is a good opportunity for the Law graduates. But there must be a question for some combat loving law graduates like me is are they eligible for combat? I know that they get a 49 week training. Is that training same as other officers and JCO's?

Join Indian Army

@Kunal Biswas dada, @Ray sir,
please help me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Army recruitment program of law officer is a good opportunity for the Law graduates. But there must be a question for some combat loving law graduates like me is are they eligible for combat? I know that they get a 49 week training. Is that training same as other officers and JCO's?

Join Indian Army

please help me out.
they fight it out in Court, called JAG.

Judge Advocate General.

EXPERT

They cant join combat , but can do everything like that .....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The nearest they are to the war front is a Div HQ.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
I think a better question would be if they can engage in combat should the need arise.

Fact is if you find yourself in the middle of a firefight, you wont have the luxury of running away.
So, might as well be prepared to fight.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think a better question would be if they can engage in combat should the need arise.

Fact is if you find yourself in the middle of a firefight, you wont have the luxury of running away.
So, might as well be prepared to fight.
fight it out. They have basic training.

shom

The nearest they are to the war front is a Div HQ.
That means sir if I apply in the law cadre I cannot participate in any kind of operations if not in war? Also another question sir then why are 49 weeks training given to them?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That means sir if I apply in the law cadre I cannot participate in any kind of operations if not in war? Also another question sir then why are 49 weeks training given to them?
That is because everyone uniform is a soldier and must learn to defend himself and his organisation in the event of an attack.

In case a Div HQ is under attack, he will have to take up his post as per the plan for the defence of the Div HQ. In such an event, office work is of no use.

There are many doctors, who are technically not taught to fight in a strict sense, have won awards during combat. Circumstances were such that they had to bear arms and defend their own.

ASHOK CHAKRA

1. MR-08609 MAJ LAISHRAM JYOTIN SINGH, AMC (POSTHUMOUS)
Major Laishram Jyotin Singh, an army doctor who showed exemplary courage and selflessness in the line of duty was posthumously awarded the country's highest peacetime gallantry award, Ashok Chakra, by President Pratibha Patil on Republic Day. On the morning of February 16, 2010, suicide attackers stormed an Indian residential complex in the heart of the Afghan capital, housing mostly army officials.One of the terrorists blew himself up at the gates of the complex, killing three guards, as others made their way inside.

The attackers fired indiscriminately and hurled grenades, going from one room to the other. Sixteen people were killed in the two-hour assault.

The terrorists lobbed a grenade on a room in which five unarmed officers had taken shelter.
The fire on the roof engulfed an adjacent bathroom where five more officers had taken refuge.

On hearing their shouts, the 37-year-old major crawled out of the debris and charged at one of the suicide bombers and pinned him to the floor, preventing the attacker from reaching his colleagues.

Unable to escape from Major Singh's grip, the attacker panicked and detonated his explosive-laden vest killing himself the officer who had arrived there just three days back.

Singh, a native of Manipur, was commissioned into the Army Medical Corps in February 2003.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Every one does who wear the uniform except the MNS at AMC..

They are issued Rifles and Pistol so does carbines and practice regularly on firing range, But obviously lesser than Infantry...

Join Indian Army

please help me out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles