Display of arms by Punjab Regiment

sasi

Display of arms by Punjab Regiment - The Times of India
~
Ramgarh: The Punjab Regimental Centre (PRC), one of the oldest regiment of the Indian Army, has come up with a plan to motivate school children to join the army. For the students of Guru Nanak Public School, affiliated to Central Board of Secondary School Examination (CBSE), arms and ammunition used by army were on display.
~
Brigadier Anil Pandey, commandant of the Punjab Regimental Centre, said here that in the run up to the golden jubilee celebrations of Surya Command (Central Command, Lucknow), the Indian Army is taking steps to help in the all-round development of the students and also to motivate them to join the army and by doing so they would not only have a bright career but also serve the nation.
~
Shivam, a student of Guru Nanak Public School, who witnessed the display of arms and ammunition used by the army, said: "I was excited to see all sophisticated arms and ammunition in one place which was a unique thing to happen in my life as these arms and ammunition were used for the nation's security and the very thought made me proud."
~
The programme commenced with the conduct of a lecture by Major Saptarshi Gupta on 'importance of education towards a better society and the role of students of the society and nation as a whole.'The lecture was followed by a weapon display for the students.
~
The programme concluded with a friendly volleyball match between the students and young recruits of the army who are undergoing training.

Tronic

What is so new about this? I have seen such arms displays by the army in Punjab to schoolchildren even back when I was a kid.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles