Digvijay: My Hero

KS

Bye bye DFI
May be that is the problem. No good leader of stature from the Muslim community. Someone who is forward looking. Clerics are not national leaders.
But their voice do carry significant weight among the Muslim masses who look upto them for guidance.

Time will tell if the Leaders can do good the faith the masses keep in them in the future or fail them as they have been doing till now

johnee

Digvijay is waging his tongue, but he speaks for Clown Prince.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
That's right the man is a hero in my eyes for calling out terrorist groups of all factions. I'm a Hindu and an intelligent one- yup, that makes me smarter than 99% of Pakistani populous because unlike those jihadi loving, terror praising Fvcktards--- I can and will call a spade a spade.

What makes me a smarter human being is my Indian roots- where I can look both introspectively and outward without being a mind numbing dumb arse like a Pakistani who always seeks to blame others ...

can you handle my intellect? :)
I think there are enough posts on this thread that challenged your intellect and wisdom in backing Diggy Raja.

I don't know what people will call a person who backs a rabid dog which bites people for no rhyme and reason. Intellectual or pseudo-intellectual?.

On many instances it has proven what Digvijay Singh said has been wrong or he himself had to clarify his position after slip of his tongue.

He is the guy who attended a book inauguration ceremony where the writer of the book in that book suggests that RSS was involved in 26/11 attacks. Enough said.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Johnee why should the Muslims say anything against anyone. It's the governments job to expedite the case of Kasabs hanging. The court has given the order. What you are saying is akin to asking a Muslim to prove his loyalty to the country every time. It's the government which "imagines" there will be repercussions on hanging Afzal Guru. Have Indian muslims opposed his hanging? The only ones who have raised it are from Kashmir for obvious reasons.

Problem is, Political leaders make statements appeasing Muslims when none are sought, Hindus take that as appeasement and ask Muslims to denounce it, when it's not obligatory for muslims to denounce or even pass a comment on every rumbling crazy people like Digvijay make.

So at the end of the day, who made the statement and who has to bear the brunt of it?

johnee

Johnee why should the Muslims say anything against anyone. It's the governments job to expedite the case of Kasabs hanging. The court has given the order. What you are saying is akin to asking a Muslim to prove his loyalty to the country every time. It's the government which "imagines" there will be repercussions on hanging Afzal Guru. Have Indian muslims opposed his hanging? The only ones who have raised it are from Kashmir for obvious reasons.

Problem is, Political leaders make statements appeasing Muslims when none are sought, Hindus take that as appeasement and ask Muslims to denounce it, when it's not obligatory for muslims to denounce or even pass a comment on every rumbling crazy people like Digvijay make.

So at the end of the day, who made the statement and who has to bear the brunt of it?
Congress line is: Jo bhikta hai, wahi bechte hain. We supply, what sells in market.
Muslim(or the leaders) line is: Jo bechte hain, wahi karidte hain. We buy, what is sold in market.

Obviously, this cycle has to broken somewhere, isnt it?

Yusuf, I am not asking, muslims to prove their loyalty. I am only saying that muslims dont seem to be bothered even though they are being portrayed as sympathisers of terrorists and even traitors by congress. Congress' actions are loud and clear as to how they view muslims. Yet, if congress reaps rewards, then one can only conclude that congress is perhaps understands its target audience better.

Who makes the statement is part of the story, the more vital point is why is he making the statement. Obviously, to appease the minorities. Now, the question is are the minorities appeased? If they are not, then we are all saved because congress will have to give up this policy. But, if the minorities are appeased, then congress will continue to pursue this policy regardless of the damage done to stability and security of society and country.

I have lost all hope from congress. I dont expect any reformation from them. So, I am now wondering whether muslims will reject congress policy or not.

From the words and actions of muslim leaders, it seems the policy is amenable to them. The masses seem to be passive supporters.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So for every congress leader who makes a statement which appears to be appeasing to the Muslims, the Muslims should come out to denounce it? If Muslims don't denounce it, they are complicit?

Muslims don't even have any good political leaders of repute at the national stage. You will find only people like Owaisi or Madani who the a large majority of people don't even know about. So another question that arises is who will denounce such statements and under what authority?

johnee

So for every congress leader who makes a statement which appears to be appeasing to the Muslims, the Muslims should come out to denounce it? If Muslims don't denounce it, they are complicit?

Muslims don't even have any good political leaders of repute at the national stage. You will find only people like Owaisi or Madani who the a large majority of people don't even know about. So another question that arises is who will denounce such statements and under what authority?
Has any muslim leader(local or national, social or spiritual) lambasted the congress for portraying the muslim community as terrorist sympathisers?
What bigger insult to patriotic muslims, than to say that if Afzal Guru is hanged muslims will come on to the streets?

Has any muslim challenged these assumptions that are routinely made by congress, english media, and the so-called secularists?

Why has muslim community chosen leaders like Owaisi and Madhani who sympathise with terrorists? Why are these leaders very keen to appear as pro-islamic terror? Why are they not worried about any electoral backlash?

All this points to only one conclusion: Perhaps, the majority of muslim community supports this stand and perhaps sympathises with this policy.

Even if muslims dont denounce it, they must reject it(electorally, socially,...etc). Has that happened? If muslims dont reject these policies, then obviously they are supporting these policies because they are aimed at them.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You ducked the question. It seems you have not yet realized how low Congress can stoop to gain political points, bending everything to their advantage including the law.
Which question?

If the congress is stooping low, is the the fault of the Muslims?
Is congress surviving only on Muslim vote in the country?

johnee

Yusuf,
you are proposing that a silent but righteous majority exists headed by vociferous but radical leadership. This is the same argument that is made in regard to Pakistan by pakistani apologists.

Anyway, the point is how can anyone assert that the silent majority is righteous? Why should not the silence be taken as passive support of the leader's policy?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Johnee, people of this country are poor, which includes Muslims. They are more bothered about earning their next meal than bother about which loony is saying what and then go on the street to denounce it. The rest educated class like the rest of the country don't go out to vote, or best discuss among friends, curse the congress, BJP etc etc, or be on forums such as this and do the same.

Oracle

Karthick,

Everyone knows about the fringe elements amongst the Muslim population in India which is out to create trouble. And I for one want them to be investigated and punished. Having said that, let's not look the other way - if there is terror being propagated by Hindu Nationalist groups, then the same treatment should be meted out to them as well.

As far as Digvijay Singh goes, it really does not matter what he says. Why? Because this is what he does best. The solution is to keep calm and not fall for his antics.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf,
you are proposing that a silent but righteous majority exists headed by vociferous but radical leadership. This is the same argument that is made in regard to Pakistan by pakistani apologists.

Anyway, the point is how can anyone assert that the silent majority is righteous? Why should not the silence be taken as passive support of the leader's policy?
I don't know about silent but there sure is an indifferent majority which is fed up of politicians, and that is common to the whole country including you and me regardless of religion or caste or anything.

The other thing that is happening right now is typecasting of everyone something.
If you talk about Hinduism, you are right winger.
If you are a Hindu and talk about Muslims, you are as one forum has coined "sickular".
If you are a Muslim, first you are looked on as an Islamist read terrorist, if not then keep proving your loyalty to India and that includes keep issuing statements or protest "sickular" statements. If not you are Islamist.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
The other thing that is happening right now is typecasting of everyone something.
If you talk about Hinduism, you are right winger.
If you are a Hindu and talk about Muslims, you are as one forum has coined "sickular".
If you are a Muslim, first you are looked on as an Islamist read terrorist, if not then keep proving your loyalty to India and that includes keep issuing statements or protest "sickular" statements. If not you are Islamist.
You spoke for me & maybe many others!

I strongly oppose this psychology & the cynicism growing everyday on this forum.

Iamanidiot

This forum is becoming more and more a zoo why should a mod has to prove his testimonials i don't understand.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I don't know about silent but there sure is an indifferent majority which is fed up of politicians, and that is common to the whole country including you and me regardless of religion or caste or anything.

If you talk about Hinuism, you are right winger.
If you are a muslim, first you are looked on as an Islamist read terrorist, if not then keep proving your loyalty to India and that includes keep issuing statements or protest "sickular" statements. If not you are Islamist.
This should posted on the front page of every Political/Religious thread.

Reactions: nrj

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This forum is becoming more and more a zoo why should a mod has to prove his testimonials i don't understand.
No mate no mod is having to prove anything. We are speaking in general about what's going on.

Iamanidiot

I don't understand why people don't try to find out their own flaws,warts on their ass first before pointing others.Rather they are proud of their heritage.They even think India has a "glorious history" the only glorious history is the era of gandhi the closest ting to god.Rest of all is utterly nauseating.If the indian people had glorious history it is only after 1947..period

KS

Bye bye DFI
take they politics of TN, the politicians openly bribe their voters and the average voter feels very proud of it, who is to blame? and if they are not going to produce the most corrupt politicians then who will?
Actually in this elections those instances were reduced to a bare minimum and even before those practises were not prevalent throughout the state but in certain pockets in North and South Tamil Tamil Nadu most notably the erstwhile fort of Alagiri -Madurai.

Secondly you passionately argued about the Hindutva card of BJP - I say the raison d etre of that Hindutva card was the minority appeasement of the Congress which started with the ignominious Shah Bano case and the marked apathy towards the Kashmiri Pandits during the genocide in Kashmir.

Everything is so interlinked that you cant single out anything. But on the whole the insertion of religion into politics started with Bhindranwale, subsided with Indira and again re-inserted by Rajiv.

If the indian people had glorious history it is only after 1947..period
Excuse me ?

Can you please elaborate ?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles