Didi's dadagiri

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sob, Nov 8, 2011.

1. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Didi’s dadagiri: Storms thana, gets arrested partymen freed

3. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

If this is going to the behaviour of the CM of the state then God help WB. I shudder to think that this is just the start of the term of this Govt.

4. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

There is dictatorship of mamata Banerjee.If she remains blind to the hooligans of her party, it will not take much time to lose popular support. CPI(M) has just lost an election not eliminated. Rather this five years is a good time to clean the party from opportunist elements.

5. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Politicians need goons for their dirty work. Party karyakartas are treated like state guest and have diplomatic immunity. They can park their car anywhere they want. Abuse people on the roads, eve-tease, or riot they cannot be prosecuted. Our country is in a pathetic and social and civil state. We need to stop for a second and see where we are going. All this growth is fine, but we are acting more like monkeys day by day. Lets start respecting and caring about each other and stop acting like the 'kings of the nation'.

6. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Sabir, if the CM is going to storm the Police Station to spring out her party goons, then what message is it going to the rank and file of the party.
    They will be enthused to take the law in their hands, because Didi will be ever ready to storm them out of Police Stations.

It is time that TMC opens an office at Lal Bazaar

7. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

no need to open office in Lal bazar. It is already there. Police union.

Buddababu was far better when it is about dealing with criminals.

8. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

I remember my office was in R.N.Mukherjee Road, in 90s when the building adjoining Lal Bazaar blew up with the explosives that had been stored there ( not by the cops).

It all happened right under the nose of the Calcutta Police.

9. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Make her PM.

10. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The situation keeps on becoming more comic- were it not for the actors involved.

Kolkata Police has not taken action against any of the rioters affiliated to the ruling party but in a report they have indicted fellow cops for VIOLENCE AND FAILURE TO CONtROL THE MOB.

11. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Well if this continues for too long, and the cops are made to file complaints against themselves, I would hope for a mutiny by the cops.

This woman will turn into a monster someday.

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The woman is a monster.

and what is worse, she is a fool.

I wonder if she has escaped from a circus!

I hold no brief for any political party since they are all frauds, but then, one also wants some sanity to dictate the ways of the govt.

She might find it prudent to help the police with her hands on activities, but then the garbage accumulation is also a huge problem in Kolkata. Maybe if she starts shovelling the same into dumpers, she would do a better service to society!

pmaitra likes this.
  13. Ray

And what is the latest?

I thought she was quitting the UPA is the petrol prices are not rolled back.

Has she left the UPA?

14. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

On the contrary, party workers in Trinmool must be feeling secured than ever. Their loyalty towards didi will grow exponentially. I'm afraid police dept can't do much against ruling govt. She has reminded all her party workers that she didn't forget any of them even after winning elections!

This incident looks odd & we may criticize her alone but it happens in almost every state. Its just that didi rushed into police station herself. In other places telephones ring & immediate orders are assigned. Thats also a dictatorship of a kind. Home ministry of state is often indulged in such illegal actions which calls for freeing someone in jail or dropping legal cases. Hell even DAs are made to reverse their arguments in court. I've been party to one of such incident. Type of dadagiri showed by didi is nothing new. It could be surprise for people who were expecting otherwise, maybe a compassionate behavior from her.

And rest assured I don't think anybody is going to drag her in court for such behavior. We'll only have flashing headlines & loud talk shows in the evening.

15. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Her demands, which, if not met, will cause her to walk out of the coalition:
    • lower petrol prices
    • give alms to WB to the tune of crores of Rupees
    Awaiting further shenanigans.

16. SLASH

As long as you have support from the people you can do whatever you want. That includes these goons that are the driving force behind all parties.

Mamta is just stupid enough to go to the police station herself. I don't like her at all. She doesn't make much sense when she talks. I wonder what her party workers think of her. She can be a good social activist but will be a terrible administrator.

17. SLASH

Although she has changed sides over small things in the past, this time it felt like a planned show for the media.

they went to the PM with two demands:
    1) rollback on the petrol hike
    2) financial aid for WB

The PM has refused any rollback and providing special financial aid to WB will create a political stir in the country.

I think TMC just wanted to show the people of WB that they at least tried to reason with the government.

18. Ray

I was seeing a re-run of an interview.

I believe, MMS has told them to take a walk.

And so it is , no longer petrol, but diesel and LPG!

19. Ray

Reasoning with the Govt will not do.

Ameliorating the woes is the answer!

No gas, it is time it should be all go!

Or Mamata should go!

But then, Bengal has no option.

It is a Hobson's choice!