Did India village council really order rape of two sisters?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by hit&run, Sep 1, 2015.

1. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34111906

Who are these 100,000 morons signing petitions, without establishing the facts.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  3. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

Yup this is a rare instance where BBC tried to get facts. At least hope so..

Treasure this moment.

OneGrimPilgrim and iNDiAN.96 like this.
  4. hit&run

Some Indian reporter of BBC took the initiative, Sepoy got his conscience back, may be ?

5. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Bigger Question: Why did UK choose to poke it's nose in our business. Why did our Foreign Ministry not send a clear signal to these Compulsive Paedophiles and asked them to stop Church Rapes.

6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Illusive, OneGrimPilgrim, VIP and 2 others like this.
  7. thethinker

thethinker Senior Member Senior Member

There is an increasingly rising disturbing trend on social media of virtual mob lynchings without even considering the other side's story. Social justice warriors taking sides because of pre-conceived biases and notions before actually knowing full details.

Feminists and mass manipulators know how to latch on to this very well to further their agenda.
    What people need to realize before taking sides online and crucifying the "accused" is that real life events aren't always what they are described in news or social media by the reporting party.

These are real people with lives at stake here before you accuse someone or take sides without getting the full story.

This is not social justice but mindless mob lynching at play that spills over from social media to real world.

Peace Lover and raja696 like this.
  8. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

The matter was reported in our daily newspapers also a few days back. It did appear in TOI and Telegrapgh(ABP).

Here is a video.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rs-rape-for-UP-sisters/videoshow/48755925.cms

Now they Khap has denied such allegations after there was a nation wide outrage on their barbaric judgement.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...sisters-echoes-in-UK/articleshow/48737641.cms

IMHO, these Khaps should be banned. They are tarnishing India`s image globally.

CrYsIs and gpawar like this.
  9. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Anyway some comments from the article which I reproduce here.

10. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

Shame on DFI members who are openly defending KHAP panchayats here.

As for the issue,if there was no spark,how can there be a fire ?

The story of the girls looks credible but only a impartial investigation can reveal the truth.

In a deeply primtive castist part of India,a dalit boy runs away with a recently married woman of a high caste,anyone with scant understanding of rural North Indian culture knows what would happen next.A Khap panchayat is convened which passed a judgement ordering the sisters of the boy to be gangraped and paraded naked with their faces blackened.This is not surprising at all as this has happened manyatimes before and is still happening right infront of our eyes.

Anyways i am not jumpining to any colclusion,let the central agencies investigate the matter and if the people are found guity,hang them right then and there.

Also why in a democracy do we have khap panchayats ? There is one law,the Indian penal code to which all Indians abide by,there can be no other law.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  11. hit&run

Why you are so confused here ? Why you are jumping to conclusion when you yourself think the investigation is pending? Spark Fire smoke blah blah blah....

Show us one instance where any of the member has defended KHAP.

alphacentury, angeldude13 and pmaitra like this.
  12. salute

salute Senior Member Senior Member

caste panchayats were shut down in maharashtra last year,
    those panchayats although may not had given such orders in past but even then over the issue of marriages between different castes lives were ruined because of those panchayats.

13. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

You sure are in a crisis, boy.

The thread is about if there was an actual order by any body of institution, recognised or unrecognised, to rape two girls for the supposed crime of their brothers, or is it all a fraud to tarnish India's name further. It is coming out that no such incident might have happened, and confirmation can come only with the completion of inquiry.

Anyone with a scant understanding of current affairs know that wider efforts are being made to tarnish India's name, and people are not above using media to portray themselves victim and crucify their target on social fora even before truth is established.

And, you surely are a hilarious character! You first lambaste 'North Indian culture' without an established proof, as if every village in North India (what is that geographically speaking?) calls in khap and regularly rapes women, and then say that you are not 'jumping into any conclusion and going to wait for investigation to conclude'! Then you go and say that if they are found guilty hand them then and there, and the next sentence is how you want IPC to prevail! Contradiction much? May be you need some counselling to get out the hatred you have for India as whole off you system, or need to take the next boat out of India. I heard they are taking in immigrants in Europe. I am sure you will be welcome there.

I personally don't care about Khaps and oppose any institution outside the constitutional framework to have any kind of judicial or quasi-judicial authority, and I am sure except any oddities, every member of the forum does, too.

14. Yaduveer

Yaduveer New Member

Well , I am supporter of Khap panchayats or say any kind of Panchayats that exists in the rural India. Why ?

1.Indian Judicial system is a overloaded with cases only deep pocket man gets his will imposed.Panchayats give a cheap and instant justice mainly through mediation and arbitration.

2. one or two instance of these rouge Panchyats should be tried in court and set the example for others.

15. hit&run

I humbly disagree. I find KHAP highly regressive and primitive system of so called Justice.

I believe in community culture were people can sit together and by consensus discuss/plan some thing constructive that can benefit the whole community or an individual or a family like helping people in financial distress or sickness, accident, natural calamities or something like approaching authorities for good roads, schools, development etc.

I found it highly despicable when bunch of people sit together and talk about someone else's sister and daughters.

I have first hand experience how my locality (where my father is {volunteer/without pay} secretary of a welfare society) has helped made better streets, sewage system, water drainage during floods, ground water pump for water supply, three lush green parks, renovating local school, collecting money when someone get sick and can not afford money for the hospital etc. etc.

It should be forbidden to communities to tweak and undermining the litigation process by forming a self appointed crude system where no accountability can be determined on any party, Judge, plaintiff, witness and accused, let alone the judgement.

Failure of Indian Justice system to dispose justice in time can not be an excuse to run a parallel justice system.

BTW I have personally seen local police officers at times playing moderators between to parties, If I have to soften my stand on following textbook litigation process I can agree that Police officer or Local Police station can play far more better role than these KHAPS.

Abhijat likes this.
  16. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    i was sailing onboard a ship recently. in one of its recreation rooms, was going through the pages of a magazine (nat'l geographic i think) when found a small article by a reporter, where he detailed how years back his team was captured and held hostage by a bunch of terrorists while shooting for a documentary in the valley; the terrorists wanted them to go and tell, (behold!), none other than, (ye lo!) AMNESTY international, how Indian Army was supposedly (in the words of the writer) committing atrocities in Kashmir. this caught my eye and i lost no time in clicking the pics of the article.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  17. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    didn't know about this (no touch with news since past 2-3 weeks). another shiny tamga on 'satyawaadi' AAP's chest.

18. Yaduveer

Yaduveer New Member

Well thanks for a well articulated answer.I am happy that you hail from a responsible family.

However,fact of matter is that I don't have faith in Media especially electronic media.For me,They are some bunch of crooks who can trap a nation in a frenzy for their self-interest.For example look at Sheena Murder case,Arushi Talwar case,Baby Falak case (if you remember). They whip the emotions of a common man and make money out it.

What media says and what is ground situation can be completely different.They cherry pick a odd case and label it with Panchayat.

So I invite you to visit my village and conclude yourself by first hand experience.

19. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Can you share these websites with me?

I have few Hindu related websites you can browse.

We will do trade. PM me, brother.

20. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

Why would international press deliberately target India ? The country is not a headache to the world like North Korea,Iran or Pakistan.

International media largely shows negative news on India simply because there is so much wrong happening in the country and on a scale which would even horrify the lord.In 21st century if the country still behaves like an 18th century medieval citadel,naturally you should expect fulmination from international press.

In 21st century you cannot have caste massacres,bride burning,female infanticide,acid throwing,open defecation,witch hunting etc.

And i am "lambasting north Indian culture" simply because i belong to that culture or atleast an extended version of it and i find it extremely degrading,dehumanizing and primitive in nature which is clearly reflected in the human development score card of the region.
    Sorry for the generalization,but good aspects of the culture simply gets negated if bad aspects makes up the bulk.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  21. Varahamihira

Varahamihira Regular Member

Never trust Amnesty International,Green Peace,Red Cross.
    All are chatte batte of Breaking India forces.