Dhaka University cuts ties with Pak

Kshatriya87

Country flag
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...versity-cuts-ties-with-pak/article7988782.ece

Dhaka University, the premier university of Bangladesh, has decided to cut all relations with Pakistan.

Announcing this on Monday, vice-chancellor the university, Prof. AAMS Arefin Siddique, said “the decision on cutting ties with Pakistan was taken in a syndicate meeting as Pakistan denied the atrocities committed during Bangladesh’s Liberation War.” He also demanded the government to sever ties with Pakistan unless Islamabad provides an unconditional apology for the crimes it committed in 1971.

The university took the decision on a day when Bangladesh observed Intellectual Martyrs Day in memory of the intellectuals who had fallen victims to the Pakistani military regime and its local collaborators. On December 14, 1971, the Pakistani occupation forces and their cohorts had killed university teachers, doctor and writers after picking them up from their homes in Dhaka.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
No surprise, how long they could pull with jihadi edu system of pakland. :D

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
There shouldn't be any ties and association between Dhaka university and pak in the 1st place, as its the same uni where biggest crack down on Bengali intellectuals took place,they were dragged from their quarters and massacred.

According to Paki's the university was dominated by Hindus who conspired against pak.

It's like naming a university after Qaramatians in macca who sacked it.

Scarface

I guess congratulations are in order to Bangladeshis for growing a spine.

Good thing is less paki propaganda,this is an opportune time to bring Bangladesh into our sphere of influence

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I guess congratulations are in order to Bangladeshis for growing a spine.

Good thing is less paki propaganda,this is an opportune time to bring Bangladesh into our sphere of influence
On the contrary, I think it's India's sphere of influence that made them take this step.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Scarface

On the contrary, I think it's India's sphere of influence that made them take this step.

Indeed,that's probably why they did it.
But the Pakis still have influence over BD owing to their shared Religion,we must take thorough steps to reduce that influence.

One way would be to rig the election,like KGB "allegedly" did in 79

KGB apparently had a great role in ending the Zia regime in BD

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
To be honest, though I'm not a fan of Pakistan by any means, I do respect the generally positive attitude of Pakistani civil society and their intelligentsia and literati towards Bangladesh which essentially is one of complete cognizance of 1971, guilty and sympathy, in stark contrast to their military, nationalists and many of their religious fundamentalists.

It would be a shame if by this step it endangered ties between Bangladesh and elements of anti-militarist civil society in Pakistan.

On a political level it is showing the Pakistanis that Bangladesh can be tough and react against Pakistan, that Bangladesh's friendship cannot be taken for granted. That Pakistanis (their state/military establishment) cannot interfere in our affairs, deny their genocide and support war criminals with impunity, that there will be repercussions e.g. this cutting of ties between Dhaka University and Pakistani educational institutes.

With the continued growth of the Bangladeshi economy and the increase in time since our 1971 separation with our former western co-nationals the distance, indifference to Pakistan will just increase as well as our ability to defend ourselves and enact punitive measures such as this.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
^^^^ @Bengal_Tiger You should confirm about the venom spewed against Bangladesh by that positive paki society.
I am talking about civil society, not the military, nationalists, or religious fundamentalists.

Most liberals in Pakistan accept that their country was at fault for 1971 and have remorse, it is such liberals who have pushed for an apology to Bangladesh e.g. Hamid Mir etc. If we alienate the liberal intelligentsia it's not good.

The Pakistan army and ISI on the other hand are basically waging a war against Bangladesh.

DingDong

Country flag
I am talking about civil society, not the military, nationalists, or religious fundamentalists.

Most liberals in Pakistan accept that their country was at fault for 1971 and have remorse, it is such liberals who have pushed for an apology to Bangladesh e.g. Hamid Mir etc. If we alienate the liberal intelligentsia it's not good.

The Pakistan army and ISI on the other hand are basically waging a war against Bangladesh.
This goodwill doesn't stem from some sort of remorse, this stems from the realization that whole 1971 drama unfolded in Kafirland India's favour. This goodwill stems from the age old drive of uniting Muslims against the Dar-ul-Harb (India), they are still chasing the ghost of Ghazwa-e-Hind and wish to partner with their religious brothers in Bangladesh.

Under the BNP regime the Ummah guys penetrated so deep inside the Bangladeshi agencies that the government machinery got directly involved in providing cover for Gun-runners and terrorists acting against India, they got so emboldened that they started doing this in open. I am still trying to figure out how could this happen without direct involvement of Bangladeshi agencies, tons of weapons cache being offloaded at Bangladeshi docks and then being transported to India in truck-loads.

Anybody can do the sweet-talking, only the action on ground matters.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

People on Forum also include civil society.
Or watch their talk shows. Have you any Idea about their obsession with Bangladesh. You should monitor their media and blogs.

rockey 71

@rockey 71 What are your thoughts about this?
Dec is a month when anti-Pakistan emotions run high in BD. This is the ideal time for "chamchas" to engage in a "Hate Pakistan" competition. Detective Br Dhaka is another such contestant. There are others. All done to score grades with BAL / pro-India lobby.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Dec is a month when anti-Pakistan emotions run high in BD. This is the ideal time for "chamchas" to engage in a "Hate Pakistan" competition. Detective Br Dhaka is another such contestant. There are others. All done to score grades with BAL / pro-India lobby.
So you don't support this initiative?

rockey 71

So you don't support this initiative?

The question is not of supporting or opposing. The question is of rational discussion. What are your views? What will be your views if another party in power were to arrange de-linking from Delhi Unv? These are silly / cheap acts really.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
The question is not of supporting or opposing. The question is of rational discussion. What are your views? What will be your views if another party in power were to arrange de-linking from Delhi Unv? These are silly / cheap acts really.
I do not think they are silly. And especially you being a Bangladeshi as you claim should never this as silly. Asking for an apology for the horrible deeds the pakis did is just asking for what Bangladesh deserves at the very least.

rockey 71

I do not think they are silly. And especially you being a Bangladeshi as you claim should never this as silly. Asking for an apology for the horrible deeds the pakis did is just asking for what Bangladesh deserves at the very least.

Now you are turning my statement around.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Now you are turning my statement around.
No I'm not. Just answer the question. Do you think Bangladesh deserves an apology from Pakistan or not? Just yes or no will suffice.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles