DFIans Travel Diaries

sob

Mod
Country flag
This was a mobile toilet ( for want of a better word) on Jaipur - Bhilwara Highway, about 15 KMs from Gulabpura.

This is mounted on a frame and has a pipe leading away into the field.

Sorry I do not know why the full picture is just not loading.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Driving down NH1 despite the never ending construction is getting more pleasureable

sob

Mod
Country flag
Some of them were shot by my colleague travelling with me.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have travelled recently, so I will be able to write about it.

Fathehpur Sikri

It is a small city near Agra (around 30kms I guess). The city is showcased by the 'Fatehpur Sikri fort' built by Akbar in 1570. The fort is a combination of indian, mughal and persian architecture encompassing some beautiful structures. Panch Mahal, Diwan-i-Khan, Jodha Bai's Palace, Buland Darwaza, Jama Maszid and Salim Chisti Darga are the high lights of this place.

Panch Mahal - As the name indicates this is a five-storied open structure, with each floor gradually diminishing in size with final structure capped by a small dome like structure. Each floor has different number of carved columns supporting them with first floor having the highest number and the fifth with the least number of columns. In all, all the five floors are supported by 176 columns. Here is a picture taken by me

Diwan-i-Khan - literally called the hall of private audience used by the King to entertain/address high ranking subjects and others. A picture taken by me of Diwan-i-khan.

Jodha Bai's Palace - This is the palace where Jodha Bai used to live during her time with Akbar. A picture taken by me of it..

Buland Darwaza - as the name indicates, it is the high entrance gate of the Fatehpur Sikri fort. A picture taken by me of it..

Salim Chisti Darga - Its the tomb of the Sufi saint Salim Chisti. We came across a merchant who said that we have to take a Rs 250 cloth to offer, then only the saint's blessing will be with us. He forced us to take a few. This shows that merchants near temples or dargas are same - will always try to fleece the pilgrims one or the other way. Its a well maintained Darga where we offered the cloth to the saint. A pic of the darga from wikipedia...

Jama Maszid

A pic by me

Enroute to Fatehpur Sikri from Agra, we made a halt at a Dhaba for breakfast. We had the best Aloo Paratha as the breakfast here though it was expensive at Rs 90 per 2 parathas. The pic of the dhaba...

More will come.....

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Great pictures.

I'm from Nigeria btw.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Great pictures.

I'm from Nigeria btw.
You tooo are from Nigeria ..Nice to meet you :dude:
Ba a ass rami Liquid... ruwan-ƙasa gunagus ass :cool:

On-Topic : Great pictures Daredevil :thumb:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Average price of Parathas is Rs.20, but it will also depending upon the stuffing. let say it wont be more then Rs.30 on road side Dhaba.
What about labor cost, gas, rent for the place, BEP? If we pay simply looking at the ingredients how will that fellow take care of the rest?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
What about labor cost, gas, rent for the place, BEP? If we pay simply looking at the ingredients how will that fellow take care of the rest?
Have you seen the picture of Dhaba I posted?. Its a simple place where Real estate is not expensive. In that context, I think Rs 90 for 2 parathas is expensive.
I used to eat same Parathas in Bangalore for just Rs 30.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Have you seen the picture of Dhaba I posted?. Its a simple place where Real estate is not expensive. In that context, I think Rs 90 for 2 parathas is expensive.
I used to eat same Parathas in Bangalore for just Rs 30.
I agree its a bit expensive but how much is the poor bugger going to make, not more than 15 or 20Rs. Today vegetables cost a hell of a lot of money, One apple is 40Rs or more. So this guy uses potatoes, wheat, labour, gas and it all adds up.

Not until i started indulging in business do i myself realize no one is ripping anyone of with huge profit margins. Its just make or break most of the time, if you include TAX if he does pay then its even worse. I would agree with you if you said Pizza hut Pizzas are a over priced rip off! :D

anyway offtopic.. and nice pics.