DFI - Mobile/Tablet Apps, Software(s), Ways/Workarounds, Discussion Thread

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
the title is self-explanatory.....strictly only to discuss about software part of mobile devices. not for troubleshooting hardware stuff or seeking full-fledged buying suggestions.

let me begin with some tough questions for the geek-o-jingos here:

pls suggest some way:

1. to COPY an image onto CLIPBOARD from any website, and FB app (android), & any other app

2. to view/copy link of a video to clipboard on FB app (android again)

i've looked for answers online (except on xda forums) but couldnt find anything satisfactory.

pls suggest if there's any way, root-method or otherwise

@gekko @Project Dharma @Ancient Indian @Bhumihar @aditya10r @A chauhan @Razor @Krusty @captscooby81 @Dovah @Kshatriya87 etc.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
no response :crying:

anyway, i found a nifty app named 'save to SD card'.......what it does is, say you want to save any pic from FB app. the default way is that FB will save it to your 'gallery' folder only on the phone, & would name it something like 'FB_12345.JPG'. this makes it tough to search any saved img later on......with the 'save to SD card' app, instead of saving a pic, tap on 'share external' when on a pic in FB app, then choose this app, and then choose your choice of folder (or create a new one, under any existing folder. basically can create a hierarchy too), and you can also rename the image to any name by which you'd like to search it later on your phone.

search for the app on playstore itself. not easy to search it on google.

Krusty

Country flag
I do not have many apps installed on my phone. Infact, the apps list spans just one and a half pages. I am not into phone apps at all. :lehappy:

I use my phone only for calls and little else (perhaps posting on DFI). Infact Thinking of switching to a feature phone soon..

Here is my installed app screen. First page is for default apps. Second is the ones I installed. Converter and Vimeo are for DFI uploads. Some apps for learning Japanese. Rest pretty standard. no hi-funda stuff

IMG_4374.PNG

I am a man of simple taste :truestory: . I confess my ignorance when it comes to mobile apps. They do not interest me.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I do not have many apps installed on my phone. Infact, the apps list spans just one and a half pages. I am not into phone apps at all. :lehappy:

I use my phone only for calls and little else (perhaps posting on DFI). Infact Thinking of switching to a feature phone soon..

Here is my installed app screen. First page is for default apps. Second is the ones I installed. Converter and Vimeo are for DFI uploads. Some apps for learning Japanese. Rest pretty standard. no hi-funda stuff

View attachment 18696

I am a man of simple taste :truestory: . I confess my ignorance when it comes to mobile apps. They do not interest me.
here's my homescreen and app drawer:

Screenshot_2017-09-10-01-26-25-617_ginlemon.flowerfree.jpg

looks simple?

Screenshot_2017-09-10-01-28-03-468_ginlemon.flowerfree.jpg

check the no. of apps-categories to the left!
:laugh:

total 128 apps on my phone, and more in my google-acct library!.....admittedly though, i dont use many of these regularly (or rather, not able to use for lack of time) and have quite a few yet to be checked out by me, but am a curious person. i like to check what piques my interest and then keep an app or chuck it! plus, within this infospace ideological battlesphere in/to which we have put our minds, no app, no tool, no aid seems enough! need moar and moar!

nevertheless, what interests me, i eventually become an enthusiast/power-user of it; ESP. so in case of e-tech. though it gives some additional 'burden' on an already loaded head, but,..........WTH! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Project Dharma, am sure you must be bookmarking webpages? do you use any service for that, or just the browsers' bookmarking feature? any idea about DELICIOUS & DIIGO?
I just use Chrome to bookmark and let Google sync them everywhere. Delicious I used a long time ago and the primary usecases were social bookmarking as well as cloud sync. Cloud sync has been integrated into browsers and the social aspect something like Pinterest does better I feel.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
the title is self-explanatory.....strictly only to discuss about software part of mobile devices. not for troubleshooting hardware stuff or seeking full-fledged buying suggestions.

let me begin with some tough questions for the geek-o-jingos here:

pls suggest some way:

1. to COPY an image onto CLIPBOARD from any website, and FB app (android), & any other app

2. to view/copy link of a video to clipboard on FB app (android again)

i've looked for answers online (except on xda forums) but couldnt find anything satisfactory.

pls suggest if there's any way, root-method or otherwise

@gekko @Project Dharma @Ancient Indian @Bhumihar @aditya10r @A chauhan @Razor @Krusty @captscooby81 @Dovah @Kshatriya87 etc.
I didn't get a notification when you tagged me earlier but got one now. :( Screenshotting is the only reliable way I know of. I actually do most of my computing from a Linux desktop. My phone's just used for music, navigation and well as a phone.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I just use Chrome to bookmark and let Google sync them everywhere. Delicious I used a long time ago and the primary usecases were social bookmarking as well as cloud sync. Cloud sync has been integrated into browsers and the social aspect something like Pinterest does better I feel.
okay. i have a lot of bookmarks scattered across browsers, devices and accounts. since sometime have halted bookmarking stuff, and seeing the mess that i created, now thinking to move to a single place where i could store all my bookmarks i make henceforth, regardless of from which browser or device or account. additionally, diigo (and perhaps delicious too) i had read also allows you to make NOTES for each bookmark, which'll be a tremendously beneficial feature that i had been missing in the normal browser-se-bookmark process! hence thought to seek some feedback on these two services from anyone who might've used them. i am also willing to share my account with anyone else who might be interested in gathering and compiling info like me. will only add more info to the database.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I didn't get a notification when you tagged me earlier but got one now. :( Screenshotting is the only reliable way I know of. I actually do most of my computing from a Linux desktop. My phone's just used for music, navigation and well as a phone.
my desktop is highly under-utilised, since the time i built the beast! now most browsing-posting etc i do is from the phone.

screengrabs go to the phone memory. do they also get copied to the clipboard in the process? not on my phone AFAIK. probably varies from phone to phone.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
okay. i have a lot of bookmarks scattered across browsers, devices and accounts. since sometime have halted bookmarking stuff, and seeing the mess that i created, now thinking to move to a single place where i could store all my bookmarks i make henceforth, regardless of from which browser or device or account. additionally, diigo (and perhaps delicious too) i had read also allow you to MAKE NOTES for each bookmark, which'll be a tremendously beneficial feature that i had been missing in the normal browser-se-bookmark process! hence thought to seek some feedback on these two services from anyone who might've used them.
i am also willing to share my account with anyone else who might be interested in gathering and compiling info like me. will only add more info to the database.
You know what I would do. Make a markdown file in a git repository and share that publicly.

Here is an example:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ce002e63186f2d11645aae782d0db993

Link: ![This is Google](www.google.com)
Notes: This is a useful website for searching the internet.
It might be outside your comfort zone as a non software person, but one hour in learning markdown and git will pay off.

The benefit is that you are not tied down to a third party service which can shut down after years of you adding bookmarks and notes to it. And other people can add stuff to your list as well. Github is ideal for sharing.

There is a browser based editor so you don't even have to deal with git for the most part.

Here is the syntax for markdown:

https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
You know what I would do. Make a markdown file in a git repository and share that publicly.

Here is an example:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ce002e63186f2d11645aae782d0db993

It might be outside your comfort zone as a non software person, but one hour in learning markdown and git will pay off.

The benefit is that you are not tied down to a third party service which can shut down after years of you adding bookmarks and notes to it. And other people can add stuff to your list as well. Github is ideal for sharing.

There is a browser based editor so you don't even have to deal with git for the most part.

Here is the syntax for markdown:

https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/
thanks. looks like will have to devote some time to it and compare and test it with bookmarking services for all devices.
but this word 'markdown' is familiar to me (although i didnt properly understand what it was until now), as i've recently begun to make notes in a markdown-type site/ware. still testing it alongwith onenote. here, pls have a read about what it is and what it does:

https://note.pastukhov.com

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
thanks. looks like will have to devote some time to it and compare and test it with bookmarking services for all devices.
but this word 'markdown' is familiar to me (although i didnt properly understand what it was until now), as i've recently begun to make notes in a markdown-type site/ware. still testing it alongwith onenote. here, pls have a read about what it is and what it does:

https://note.pastukhov.com
As long as you own the data and not a proprietary service, I approve.

Do you also know of Tiddly? http://tiddlywiki.com/

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
As long as you own the data and not a proprietary service, I approve.

Do you also know of Tiddly? http://tiddlywiki.com/
while searching for notes-organisers, i had read about using personal wikis too, like wikidpad for example. i think had come across tiddly too, but didnt read much about it. thanks. will go through it, try it, and see if it'd serve the purpose.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
iPhone 8/8+ unveiled
Wireless Charging one cool feature

Sidd

okay. i have a lot of bookmarks scattered across browsers, devices and accounts. since sometime have halted bookmarking stuff, and seeing the mess that i created, now thinking to move to a single place where i could store all my bookmarks i make henceforth, regardless of from which browser or device or account. additionally, diigo (and perhaps delicious too) i had read also allows you to make NOTES for each bookmark, which'll be a tremendously beneficial feature that i had been missing in the normal browser-se-bookmark process! hence thought to seek some feedback on these two services from anyone who might've used them. i am also willing to share my account with anyone else who might be interested in gathering and compiling info like me. will only add more info to the database.
Well I got the same case with bookmark...mine was scattered like hell..on Chrome,Firefox,Opera and even IE...now I have picked all of them and stored and synced them in chrome with my ID..and yes I have tried some of these bookmarking sites...but could not get the hang of it...
PS:- I have also used some duplicate bookmark removal extension in chrome...

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
S8 looks better IMO. Wireless charging is nothing special.
fro I phone it is because you couldn't use the head fones previously while charging, but this was most probably done to avoid use of phone while charging.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles