DFI completes 4!!

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Congrats DFI :thumb:

How many total registered members until now??

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
:confused: :confused: :confused: What is WAB? What happened?

Congrats! However I am only 3months old. :wave:

I came over from WAB after what happened post 26/11 there. There are still many good Indian posters there who somehow have not come over.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
:confused: :confused: :confused: What is WAB? What happened?

Congrats! However I am only 3months old. :wave:
That is an American forum. It got DDOSed by Pakis and forced to stop all discussion on India and sub continent after 26/11 attacks. DFI was formed a few months from then.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I came over from WAB after what happened post 26/11 there. There are still many good Indian posters there who somehow have not come over.
Me too! It was disgraceful the way the admins there turned on us for taking the pakis head on after the 26/11 attacks.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Admins and mods... would like to know a brief history of DFI...

Whose idea, how the idea came to fruition, how did it start, what was the vision etc etc...

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In short, there were two forums - Worldaffairsboard and indian defence forum where Indians used to discuss defence related stuff. World affairs board is an american based forum where many Indian and Pakistani posters used to interact. It so happens that Indian posters there have throughly exposed pakistanis on a neutral forum and Pakistanis couldn't digest the defeat on net. So they went away and opened the troll forum called PDF around 2006.

Later, in 2007/2008 period, by mistake some tech guy placed the whole database of the Indian Defence Forum (IDF) on a public folder, which was downloaded by Pakistanis and they started posting all the PMs on the Pakistani forums revealing addresses and phone numbers etc. This some how scared the owner of IDF and he shut it down totally. Around this time, the webmaster of PDF (according to one of their admin) DDOSed the World Affairs Board forum for 2 days which resulted in the closing of Indian Subcontinent section due to fear of getting DDOSed. This resulted in Indians not having a platform to discuss defence and strategy related stuff.

Under such circumstances, some enterprising young individuals opened Defence Forum India (DFI) in 2009 February. Many members from WAB, IDF and PDF have started thronging to DFI. With continuos support (both monetary and content) from DFI members we reached current stage despite repeated DDOS attacks from the same webmaster of PDF.

PS: There might some small errors in above description.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Me too! It was disgraceful the way the admins there turned on us for taking the pakis head on after the 26/11 attacks.
They were DDOSed like crazy and threatened to stop all discussions on India or face more attacks. They were down for 3-4 weeks straight.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
They were DDOSed like crazy and threatened to stop all discussions on India or face more attacks. They were down for 3-4 weeks straight.
Shall we give some payback to Web Master

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Congrats to everyone and especially the mods and admins (@Singh) who have done a wonderful job keeping the forum sane, and unbiased and for their terrific management of the site. :thumb:

I remember joining this forum a few weeks after it was created. I was also a member on WAB, and the old IDF, and before that BR and an Indian forum on what used to be "Ezboard" many years ago, called "Desi Voice".

Of all those forums, this one is the best designed, moderated and managed forum I have had the pleasure of posting on!:namaste:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles