DFI calls you to join CYBERNATIONS!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If you are looking for a game with war, trade, diplomacy and a DFI alliance that actually caries weight, join the team at:

http://www.cybernations.net/default.asp?Referrer=Armand2REP

It is FREE! Set your team to blue (to get trade bonus) and set your alliance to DFI! We can be attacking India's enemies soon.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
blue ?

i prefer red.

how is this different from nationstates ?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
blue ?

i prefer red.

how is this different from nationstates ?
Pick what you want, if you don't pick the same team colour then you can't get the trade bonus with each other. You can still be in the alliance.

NationStates is just politics... CyberStates is kind of like a spreadsheet version of Sid Miers Civilisation with an emphasis on war. You can build a navy, air force, army, nuclear weapons and attack. You have an economy that you improve by trade, tech, buildings and you collect taxes and try to juggle it. Different government types and policy preference effect your economy, environment and citizens happiness which = money. There is land, tech, infrastructure, militia that needs to be bought to keep the citizens happy.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Pick what you want, if you don't pick the same team colour then you can't get the trade bonus with each other. You can still be in the alliance.

NationStates is just politics... CyberStates is kind of like a spreadsheet version of Sid Miers Civilisation with an emphasis on war. You can build a navy, air force, army, nuclear weapons and attack. You have an economy that you improve by trade, tech, buildings and you collect taxes and try to juggle it. Different government types and policy preference effect your economy, environment and citizens happiness which = money. There is land, tech, infrastructure, militia that needs to be bought to keep the citizens happy.
CyberNations is crap. If you want to play a good war strategy game you need to get Hearts of Iron/Arsenal of Democracy.

Comparing this crap to Civilisation is blasphemy..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I was playing the first Civilisation before you owned your first computer. It isn't all that different in game concept.

pmaitra

^^ Have you played Gettysburg?

BTW, I like Civ4 better than Civ5. Never was a great fan of the hexagonal honeycomb tiles.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

BTW, I like Civ4 better than Civ5. Never was a great fan of the hexagonal honeycomb tiles.
Civ 4 is crap too. The best civ game is Civ 2, followed by Civ 3 Conquests.

Civ 2 is what I played in the 90s, when I made this username. I was so obsessed with the game that I went into modding for a bit and even made a special Indo-Pak scenario.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

I owned Gettysburg until I traded it for Civil War Generals II. That was about the time I got addicted to the Total War series which has dominated my gaming time ever since.

I bought up to Civ 3 which was the time the game started to go downhill. I am still looking for a cracked version of the latter ones. Just not going to spend money on it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I owned Gettysburg until I traded it for Civil War Generals II. That was about the time I got addicted to the Total War series which has dominated my gaming time ever since.

I bought up to Civ 3 which was the time the game started to go downhill. I am still looking for a cracked version of the latter ones. Just not going to spend money on it.
Do you ever play Rome Total War online? I still do sometimes.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Do you ever play Rome Total War online? I still do sometimes.
I play Mediaeval TW2 online sometimes, it has the best battle graphics of them all. Empire TW is good for sea battles but doesn't compete with MTW2 on land battles. RTW was a great game but I played it to death. Load up on cata archers and you can't lose.

p2prada

If you are talking about turn based games, there were 2 that I played a lot. One would be Call to Power 2 and the other is Shogun Total War as a kid.

Recommend any good turn based games for me?

I was looking at Civilization, but would like to know which version is the best for a beginner. It needs to have good graphics apart from great gameplay.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
MTW2 has the best graphics, RTW has the best gameplay in the Total War series. I never played the last two Civ games, but Civ Call to Power was probably the best. It has all the space age units and more government/unit types. I haven't been able to get my CD to work since I upgraded from Win 98 which was nearly a decade ago.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
RTW was a great game but I played it to death. Load up on cata archers and you can't lose.
Cata archers are useless online. They can be easily defeated by a combination of regular horse archers/regular cataphracts. Chariot archers work even better.

Also, most online rules restrict the player to two units of horse archers or chariot archers (any type).

Playing the campaign against the stupid AI gets boring really fast.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Regular horse archers will be slaughtered in an archery dual and catas can't run faster than the cata archers. When I play P2P, the only rule is the limit of what your cash buys.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Regular horse archers will be slaughtered in an archery dual and catas can't run faster than the cata archers.
What you do is put your horse archers in cantabrian circle and have your heavy cav charge the enemy cata archers while the archer duel is going on. If the enemy cata archers are also in cantabrian circle, they'll get slaughtered. If they aren't, they'll expose their backs to your archers and suffer casualties. Repeat until the enemy is killed or routed.

This tactic works better with chariot archers instead of regular horse archers (more resistant to arrows) and Roman Praetorian Cavalry or Carthaginian Sacred Band Cavalry instead of catas (they're faster but will still slaughter cata archers in melee).

When I play P2P, the only rule is the limit of what your cash buys.
If that's your only rule, all you need to due to bring a few armored elephants. They're resistant to regular arrows, can fire arrows back, and will slaughter catas in melee.

Most online rules prohibit the use of elephants.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Who is the one on cybernations who offered my a trade deal?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles