DFI - AV/Hi-Fi & Allied Gear Discussion Thread

Krusty

Country flag
Heck to guys like us even a gtx 750ti is a far fetched dream let alone buying a 1050ti :crying:
I'm sure the 'doc' can put together a graphics card from a pile of garbage... BTW Sir, I'm still waiting for the Flux capacitor. It's 2017 already. Can't wait to bolt it on my i10

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
@SajeevJino

I just got a feel of my friends Asus ROG today. I should say it's great too. Have a look at ROG series before you decide to put your money down...
huh ... Thanks again ...almost same configuration Intel i7 7700 and Nvidia GTX 1050 plus 256 SSD ....let me read some reviews and tests videos in Youtube ..

An Angry Potato

huh ... Thanks again ...almost same configuration Intel i7 7700 and Nvidia GTX 1050 plus 256 SSD ....let me read some reviews and tests videos in Youtube ..
Why did they pair a basic entry level card with a very high end processor? That is going to cause some serious bottleneck

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Why did they pair a basic entry level card with a very high end processor? That is going to cause some serious bottleneck
GTX 10 series is entry level, I don't think so, Its in new architecture I think

1050 is the entry level graphics for high end gaming

Krusty

Country flag

It's new gen, but every level. For NVIDIA chips, the last two digits will tell you if the card is high end or Low end (first two/one is the generation)

As for the last two digits,
30/40/50 Low end
60/70 mid range
80/90 (gtx moniker) high performance

So 1050 is modern generation Low end card..

So for example, Nvidia 940 is far far inferior compared to 880...

mendosa

It's new gen, but every level. For NVIDIA chips, the last two digits will tell you if the card is high end or Low end (first two/one is the generation)

As for the last two digits,
30/40/50 Low end
60/70 mid range
80/90 (gtx moniker) high performance

So 1050 is modern generation Low end card..

So for example, Nvidia 940 is far far inferior compared to 880...
Any of you niggas use DACs or Amplifiers? There are whole forums dedicated to audophiles. Any audiophile gamer out here? I never got any expensive audio setup, I had a jugad system. I got an Asus Xonar for 2.3k and got 3 wires and plugged it in the existing 5.1 channel home theater. Well worth the money. The difference in quality is night and day. The 2.1 stereo speakers and headphones can only deliver a limited range of depth. Listening to bass on a 5.1 is pure bliss.

@Krusty There's a Korean brand that makes dual purpose IPS monitors called Wasabi Mango. They have big monitor ports and normal TV ports. It a 4k monitor which does 4k at 60Hz and supports 1080p at 120Hz with 10 bit data, as opposed to 8 bit in normal IPS, that puts it closer to an AMOLED quality. Price, just around 700$. What a time to be a live in.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I
Hi Guys ...glad to see a thread ... I'm a techie fan for both AV and Gaming

I'm planning to buy a Gaming laptop, well I was amazed by the VR, But after seeing the price I can't afford

The MSI laptop with VR comes more than a Lakh, while the VR device also costs some 70,000 for Oculus Rift

damn If the VR gear price comes down by less than 20,000 i can able to buy

anyway my question is 3D is enough for me, or should i go uber costly VR laptop and Gear
I own a Y50 but will be replacing with a laptop probably having a thunderbolt 3.1 port, because eGPU is the trend and is the best thing yet. So I'll probably buy a cheap laptop this time, but with a thunderbolt 3.1 port and probably a eGPU core (happy days of gamers are here)!

Krusty

Country flag
Any of you niggas use DACs or Amplifiers? There are whole forums dedicated to audophiles. Any audiophile gamer out here? I never got any expensive audio setup, I had a jugad system. I got an Asus Xonar for 2.3k and got 3 wires and plugged it in the existing 5.1 channel home theater. Well worth the money. The difference in quality is night and day. The 2.1 stereo speakers and headphones can only deliver a limited range of depth. Listening to bass on a 5.1 is pure bliss.

@Krusty There's a Korean brand that makes dual purpose IPS monitors called Wasabi Mango. They have big monitor ports and normal TV ports. It a 4k monitor which does 4k at 60Hz and supports 1080p at 120Hz with 10 bit data, as opposed to 8 bit in normal IPS, that puts it closer to an AMOLED quality. Price, just around 700$. What a time to be a live in.

No, I am too poor for a full blown 7.1. I always wanted to setup an Onkyo system. But just the amp I wanted was over 60k :sad: well, good things in life has to wait I guess.. so no, just got myself one of them Sony hi output boom boxes.

IMG_4004.JPG

1440w RMS one piece system. Just... very loud and that's it. 26k is all it costs.

I just checked out a 9.2 setup from Onkyo at one one of my colleagues place. Just the damn amp costs 3800s$. I really am lost for words to describe the experience.

Wasabi mango is pretty well established here. Our team gifted a Full HD 120hz monitor from WM to a guy who just got married :)

They are incredibly versatile and their build quality is amazing. Seen to be believed. Wish they would expand in India. What a time to Li... no wait ... I wish I was richer :frog:

mendosa

No, I am too poor for a full blown 7.1. I always wanted to setup an Onkyo system. But just the amp I wanted was over 60k :sad: well, good things in life has to wait I guess.. so no, just got myself one of them Sony hi output boom boxes.

View attachment 17199

1440w RMS one piece system. Just... very loud and that's it. 26k is all it costs.

I just checked out a 9.2 setup from Onkyo at one one of my colleagues place. Just the damn amp costs 3800s$. I really am lost for words to describe the experience.

Wasabi mango is pretty well established here. Our team gifted a Full HD 120hz monitor from WM to a guy who just got married :)

They are incredibly versatile and their build quality is amazing. Seen to be believed. Wish they would expand in India. What a time to Li... no wait ... I wish I was richer :frog:
In my quest to find good audio, I visited Yamaha and Bose studios, listened to stuff. I can categorically say : an A/V receivers are not worth the price. Dedicated amps are much better. Even a DAC/AMP is better than a receiver. Try using a sound card with your existing sound system, without spending on a whole new system.

Try this (they also work with smartphones and ipods, anything that has a 3.5mm) Fiio A5 (~8k rs)

It plays lossless (900kbps) FLAC files like butter, as opposed to the 128kbps MP3 that we normally have and the 320kbps that iTunes users have.

Unrelated : Check this http://www.amazon.in/FiiO-X5-3rd-Gen-Resolution/dp/B06VVKY2VN

An Angry Potato

I did mean the mean the 1050 . That processor would be much better off with a 1070 (or a 1060 at the very least).

Krusty

Country flag
In my quest to find good audio, I visited Yamaha and Bose studios, listened to stuff. I can categorically say : an A/V receivers are not worth the price. Dedicated amps are much better. Even a DAC/AMP is better than a receiver. Try using a sound card with your existing sound system, without spending on a whole new system.

Try this (they also work with smartphones and ipods, anything that has a 3.5mm) Fiio A5 (~8k rs)

It plays lossless (900kbps) FLAC files like butter, as opposed to the 128kbps MP3 that we normally have and the 320kbps that iTunes users have.

Unrelated : Check this http://www.amazon.in/FiiO-X5-3rd-Gen-Resolution/dp/B06VVKY2VN
Sorry @mendosa saaar, no products from companies based in china. No matter how good they are... I agree they are coming up with pretty good hardware these days though..

I won't buy Bose either, most of their reputation is the result of their sales and marketing department. Somehow people got it into their heads that Bose is the best and it's worth the price. It's the Apple of the AV world.

You can put together equal or more often than not, better systems than Bose for a fraction of the price of you look at Onkyo/Yamaha/B&W/Denon or such.. personally I prefer the no nonsense Onkyo sets..

A/V rec are for those who Want to quickly setup a system without a lot of knowledge and/or money I Guess... good amps are mindbogglingly expensive... atleast for me :laugh:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
What you guys think about a 5.1 Yamaha Receiver, along with a Yamaha 120 watts powered sub woofer,

Is this good for 10x10 or 15x15 room

I've the speakers from my old Target 5.1 speaker system, can I use them or any other suggestions

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Damn it.... I am hard pressed for time as it is and @OneGrimPilgrim creates this thread (and I'm not even invited :prison:). I can't even keep up with the automotive thread or any others for that matter.
Damn it pilgrim ji
bherry saary milaard!

i thaat dat seence ju bherent bhery eentereshted een saaphtbhare guftagu, so bhont aalsho be carrhying yany eenteresht een AV shtuff 'n ol. deedint no ju bhere a gaymeeng nut lyk mi too! bee aar een dee shame bhoat, tirying to ro & phyte bheeth aavar pyoonee oarsh againsht dha shoopaar ishtraang curraants of tyme-dev!

arrr bhut biro log, pleej take dha dhishcushion abhout gameeng haardbhare to anaadher thiread. i bosh goving to kireate bhun anybhay. bhill do shoon & inbhyte ju all dere. yany of ju peepal, pleej DHONT kireate one juorself naau! :scared2: :D

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Any of you niggas use DACs or Amplifiers? There are whole forums dedicated to audophiles. Any audiophile gamer out here?
whaaa..?! ज्ये ता बगल में छोरा और गाँव में ढिंढ़ोरा हो गया!
enter @OneGrimPilgrim (but not now, a while later, when i can spare some time to reply in little detail)! :cool1:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
What you guys think about a 5.1 Yamaha Receiver, along with a Yamaha 120 watts powered sub woofer,

Is this good for 10x10 or 15x15 room

I've the speakers from my old Target 5.1 speaker system, can I use them or any other suggestions
which model?
whats you budget?
about speakers, i will have to check. impedance should match with the AVR's specs. if you are open to buying a used AVR (in good condition obviously) without its speakers, then it makes sense. else if you're going to buy new, whole HTIB package will come, with its speakers.

whats your city of residence?

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
guys pls suggest to me STB that has the feature to transfer recorded content onto an HDD or a pen-drive. i already have a tata sky hd+ STB, & TS also offers a 'transfer' capability STB, but the transfer takes place over wifi, onto your phone/tab with the help of a special TS app. not sure it'll be very helpful, because i want to archive recorded content in an HDD for later reference.

how about videocon, dish and airtel? suggestions pls.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
@aditya10r , @mendosa , @OneGrimPilgrim @Hemu Vikram Aditya

Finally today I ordered a very basic model of Gtx 1050 ti, a non oc version...from Mdcomputers...this one - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/PH-GTX1050TI-4G/

I searched Rx-470 alot but couldn't find it, it was heavily overpriced online. GTX 1050 ti was not available locally , I searched almost 5 shops, they only had gtx1050 (2gb) and said new stock will arrive on tuesday and the price for Zotac model was 12k, while I got Asus one in ₹11,600/- only.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@aditya10r , @mendosa , @OneGrimPilgrim @Hemu Vikram Aditya

Finally today I ordered a very basic model of Gtx 1050 ti, a non oc version...from Mdcomputers...this one - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/PH-GTX1050TI-4G/

I searched Rx-470 alot but couldn't find it, it was heavily overpriced online. GTX 1050 ti was not available locally , I searched almost 5 shops, they only had gtx1050 (2gb) and said new stock will arrive on tuesday and the price for Zotac model was 12k, while I got Asus one in ₹11,600/- only.
Go for the zotac one

It is also priced somewhere around 11k.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Go for the zotac one

It is also priced somewhere around 11k.
Actually I have ordered and paid... And zotac was overpriced online, mdcomp had only one model in stock so I ordered it...

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Actually I have ordered and paid... And zotac was overpriced online, mdcomp had only one model in stock so I ordered it...
This one is also great.

====================================================

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles