Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

armyofhind

Country flag
NoHopefully by next year Kawasaki launched the versys 250 which looks like proper twin cylinder offroading bike if you are bored with single cylinder Himalayan . Or you can try the benelli 600GT that's good middle weight bike if not superbike power

I am still waiting for BMW 310GS:megusta:
310GS isnt that capable. The Himalayan will beat it hands down for two thirds the price.
Versys again, the versys 650 is available but its more of a tourer... built mostly for the road. KLR 650 is a whole different beast.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Why are cars in India still so expensive compared to Murica? Import duties?

For example the Volvo S60 is 31 Lakhs in India and about 21 Lakhs in America. :shock:

captscooby81

Country flag
31 lakhs S60 no way even their hatchback D40 is 35 lakhs above S60 is somewhere close to 50 lakhs if I am not wrong .

Well pricing is higher 40% because of import duties 60% because of company wanted to steal all your money in the name of brand

I was in product and pricing team I used to go mad with pricing on each feature

We once charged 1 lakh for GPS system when map my India was selling it for 10k and Google giving it free today o_O

Why are cars in India still so expensive compared to Murica? Import duties?

For example the Volvo S60 is 31 Lakhs in India and about 21 Lakhs in America. :shock:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
31 lakhs S60 no way even their hatchback D40 is 35 lakhs above S60 is somewhere close to 50 lakhs if I am not wrong .

Well pricing is higher 40% because of import duties 60% because of company wanted to steal all your money in the name of brand

I was in product and pricing team I used to go mad with pricing on each feature

We once charged 1 lakh for GPS system when map my India was selling it for 10k and Google giving it free today o_O

It makes sense for luxury features. But it should be criminal to do it for safety. I want the GOI to cut duties on cars while at the same time making safety features like ABS, traction control, airbags and minimum crash standards mandatory.

Volvo is now Chinese owned btw :shock:

captscooby81

Country flag
It's under Chinese owners geely since 2010 when it got revived back ..

Well safety features are getting pushed by govt but the auto lobby was resisting it for so long . They used to say in India average speed one can drive is 40-50km so no need of airbags bla bla bla

But we see every day accident deaths happening at 100 kmh speed and more.

With roads are getting better and more bigger vehicles are coming into market passive and active safety features are must whether you drive it in 40kmh or 100

I think govt had passed a law by 2018 end all four wheelers has to role out with airbags and abs mandatory . Let's see how well the auto industry implement it with quality

Don't want scandal like takata airbag issue of Toyota faced in US . At least there the law will punish the company here it will take its own sweet decades before a judgement will be delivered.

It makes sense for luxury features. But it should be criminal to do it for safety. I want the GOI to cut duties on cars while at the same time making safety features like ABS, traction control, airbags and minimum crash standards mandatory.

Volvo is now Chinese owned btw :shock:

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
Today I spotted a Honda vfr1200f, bike with dual clutch transmission.

I chased the bike but that bike pulled do fast. That v4 sounded so beautiful
Wel it also has throttle by wire, shaft drive and available with a sequential manual or an automatic dual clutch transmission.

The Japanese man ....

Krusty

Country flag
The 8-ball done by Rajputana Customs is world famous model saar. Beautiful...

By the way, if you're into REs, a custom shop in Jharkand has come out with a new mod including a 800cc twin engine and dual discs with ABS for the bullet..
Carberry I think its called.
I'm Glad to see all these Indian custom mod shops. The designs are also getting more and more mature. Bullets are beautiful bikes. But like @Project Dharma i prefer the classic look and the feel. The present engines are way too smooth for me. With all electronics and fuel injection and what not...

IMG_4425.JPG

I like this look. Only maybe a different Color. Incidentally that's a diesel. I also like the look of the Diesel engine in a bullet. It's, just so beautifully different.

P.S: I grew up with 2 stroke Shoguns and RC100/135, KB's and yezdis... still love em every bit as I did back then .. :biggrin2:

They were true masculine machines. Crude, loud and powerful. God I miss them..

gekko

Too much public transport lol. I see you have posted your rides in other threads. I think you have enough content to create your own thread. You know, one stop thread as to why the 'common man' should hate himself and think about jumping off this planet :pound:
Can confirm.

@aditya10r is the apple of everyone's eye on this forum.

Executes high speed algorithmic trades on the stock market
Plays high speed games with a high GPU framerate
Clicks pics with a high speed DSLR shutter
Rides high speed bikes
Rides Mullies (probably in high speed too)

He's living the fast life. What's not to like.

I've told him multiple times to create a thread and post all his pics there so it's easy to subscribe but dis boi don't listen.

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Can confirm.

Rides high speed bikes

I've told him multiple times to create a thread and post all his pics there so it's easy to subscribe but dis boi don't listen.
Okay i will create a thread in the members section.

Will post about trading and my biking adventures.

Name it-ADVENTURES OF ADITYA.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::megusta::megusta::megusta::megusta::megusta::megusta:

armyofhind

Country flag
Volvo can go to hell.

Plz gief me Bak SAAB.

:sad:

@aditya10r @armyofhind @captscooby81

It's my strong belief that Indians (in general) aren't ready for big power bikes. Riding sense is next to none and on road judgement is seriously screwed up. I'm all for ABS and big brakes, but more power? I don't think we are ready yet.
not really saar... I know the kind of riders you are referring to... in biker parlance, we refer to them as squids.
But you'll be surprised to know.. with the advent of more and more motovloggers and riding groups, riding as a culture is growing in India... and so are the proper bikers.
The idiots I know will always be there... but if you see a guy on the road who's wearing all the safety gear- gloves helmet jacket.. you know he's not one of ze squids.

Krusty

Country flag
Can confirm.

Rides high speed bikes

Have you also noticed the rate at which he breaks/loses his cameras?

He be all like ' oh yeah I have to get one more on the way back'...

When I lose my 5k Low end Nikon I'm like

IMG_4429.JPG

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Have you also noticed the rate at which he breaks/loses his cameras?

He be all like ' oh yeah I have to get one more on the way back'...

When I lose my 5k Low end Nikon I'm like

View attachment 19024
So far i have lost only 1 gopro.

That too was mounted by the showroom guys,did a crappy job.

Krusty

Country flag
RD 350 sir. Best there ever was...
Seconded! It was a rarity even back then. I would keep my eyes peeled for it when I was a kid.

Check out this RD350 custom restoration ... called 'the flying Sikh'. Don't know who the guy is, he's probably @Project Dharma ji...

IMG_4431.JPG

The bike is awesome. Who wants pulsars and dukes and what Not.THIS I approve!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles