Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Worst, she is riding a panigale ... which is an insult to this art piece, the mona lisa of bikes.
Panigale 959 has changed the way I see v twins.

She was a pain in the ass for everyone on track.She blocked the way of instructors,other riders damaged a Hayabusa.

She better ride a scooty,best for her.
Yeah bro.. I'm more into offroad riding than fast riding. Trails are more of my thing.

Waiting for the Benelli Leoncino and TRK 520 to come out. Will be a good upgrade.
last time I went off road,my façe was on the ground.

I have ridden benelli Amazon.
It was fun,the engine was not that smooth but the power it offered was terrific

scatterStorm

Country flag
Finally a place for bike enthusiast as well, albeit I found it in the latest replies corner.

I own a Pulsar 200NS 2012 edition, and the more I ride my baby, the more I fell in love with it, it's giving me 40-41 in city and 43-45 on highway. But because only I maintain my bike every quarter a year, pamper and lube her every corner.

I currently have following changes made to the stock bike:

1. Good engine oil, Motul 7100 20W50 synthetic engine oil.
2. Racing Sprockets assembly
3. Wheels : Michelin Pilot Sporty front and rear.

Upcoming changes:

1. Brakes : Nissin 3 pot floating calipers at front and 1 pot at rear.
2. Windshield :p
3. Probably an HID.

Exhaust : Nope I probably won't add one, even though performance will slightly increase but I don't want my mileage to drop out.

Conclusion :

With all the changes made up till now, my bike is vibration free even though I don't own the new 2017 edition which has BSIV compliant engine. Acceleration has been improved by about a drop in 1 sec and clutch and gear shifts are butter smooth.

Future plans :

Probably a Dominar.

Any recommended changes is welcomed guys!

scatterStorm

Country flag
KTM has denied anymore bike to the indian market.

It's only RC and dukes.

Fuck you stephen
They are doing good on entry level high performance sports bike hence the decision I guess. Hyper sports is still a farfetched dream for an average consumer in India. Probably after 5-6 years maybe.

scatterStorm

Country flag
@scatterStorm
Here is your Mona lisa

Ducati 899(full race spec)
I got an opportunity to ride this one in my city by a fellow rider as well, it's engine sound and agility amazes me to this day. But I rode this bike very carefully as I wasn't still used to hyper sports bikes yet. So just took out for a straight patch and man ... just wow!

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Finally a place for bike enthusiast as well, albeit I found it in the latest replies corner.

I own a Pulsar 200NS 2012 edition, and the more I ride my baby, the more I fell in love with it, it's giving me 40-41 in city and 43-45 on highway. But because only I maintain my bike every quarter a year, pamper and lube her every corner.

I currently have following changes made to the stock bike:

1. Good engine oil, Motul 7100 20W50 synthetic engine oil.
2. Racing Sprockets assembly
3. Wheels : Michelin Pilot Sporty front and rear.

Upcoming changes:

1. Brakes : Nissin 3 pot floating calipers at front and 1 pot at rear.
2. Windshield :p
3. Probably an HID.

Exhaust : Nope I probably won't add one, even though performance will slightly increase but I don't want my mileage to drop out.

Conclusion :

With all the changes made up till now, my bike is vibration free even though I don't own the new 2017 edition which has BSIV compliant engine. Acceleration has been improved by about a drop in 1 sec and clutch and gear shifts are butter smooth.

Future plans :

Probably a Dominar.

Any recommended changes is welcomed guys!
Go for race dynamics ecu upgrade....

Will improve the performance,and maybe get a quickshifter.

Instead of domination invest in pulsar (domination vibrates once past 4000rpm)

Pulsar 200ns is a very well balanced bike.

You can add few more things such as new brake discs,steel braided lines,brembo brakes(better than nissin),big bore kit and a digital fuel injector with 2 way throttle cable.And a slip on exhaust.

That will make the bike a pocket rocket.

I have ridden the ns with these upgrades and it does 0-100 in less than 7s.

On the dyno the bike did 31.5 HP and 27nm torque.

The bike weighed just 136kgs wet.

You can even go for aluminium swingarm from Yamaha R15 V2.perfect for ns as they have same tyre requirements.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
They are doing good on entry level high performance sports bike hence the decision I guess. Hyper sports is still a farfetched dream for an average consumer in India. Probably after 5-6 years maybe.
At least they should try sub 800cc market.

They are selling like pan cakes in india

Krusty

Country flag
Panigale 959 has changed the way I see v twins.
I have a strange feeling that Ducati will ditch v twins for its next halo model. I am willing to bet they will go for a V4 for their TOP spec Super bike.

V twin halo ducatis are on their way out surely. More number of smaller cylinders are inevitable.

Which side do you bet?

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag
Go for race dynamics ecu upgrade....

Will improve the performance,and maybe get a quickshifter.

Instead of domination invest in pulsar (domination vibrates once past 4000rpm)

Pulsar 200ns is a very well balanced bike.

You can add few more things such as new brake discs,steel braided lines,brembo brakes(better than nissin),big bore kit and a digital fuel injector with 2 way throttle cable.And a slip on exhaust.

That will make the bike a pocket rocket.

I have ridden the ns with these upgrades and it does 0-100 in less than 7s.

On the dyno the bike did 31.5 HP and 27nm torque.

The bike weighed just 136kgs wet.

You can even go for aluminium swingarm from Yamaha R15 V2.perfect for ns as they have same tyre requirements.
Steel braded lines and ECU sure ... :D
Nissin because ... brembo is damn expensive yet Nissin can give me close enough bite like brembo,
Quickshifter ... wow can it be done?
Fuel injection ... I don't know I wan't good balance between performance and mileage, If I do that ... I'd have to say goodbye to mileage.

Although anything other than that ... maybe not, as I could buy a new bike for that.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I have a strange feeling that Ducati will ditch v twins for its next halo model. I am willing to bet they will go for a V4 for their TOP spec Super bike.

V twin halo ducatis are on their way out surely. More number of smaller cylinders are inevitable.

Which side do you bet?
V4's are the future of Ducati as wsbk guys won't allow a single cc more than 1200 for a v twin and they are not that great as an online 4 engine with crossplane crank.

If Ducati wants to dominate wsbk,then V4 is the way to go.

Their last V4 bike was desmosideci 2009.

scatterStorm

Country flag

Which side do you bet?
Nothing beats a parallel V-twin ... gosh the sound is orgasmic, as far as racing goes than yeah improvement over it are necessary.

scatterStorm

Country flag
At least they should try sub 800cc market.

They are selling like pan cakes in india
I don't know about 800cc but 600cc ones are for sure ... it's like college guys back a few decades ago had a craze of Honda CBZs and Pulsars. Every damn sports bike enthusiast is moving to 600cc for sure, in my city it's like crazy.

Krusty

Country flag
V4's are the future of Ducati as wsbk guys won't allow a single cc more than 1200 for a v twin and they are not that great as an online 4 engine with crossplane crank.

If Ducati wants to dominate wsbk,then V4 is the way to go.

Their last V4 bike was desmosideci 2009.
Just for the record the 1299 isn't my most favourite Ducati. That honor goes to this one :)

IMG_3825.JPG

Yes, now the case that you say is interesting because with Ducati moving the V4 way, Honda has said they will return to v twin. Interesting times ahead. Knowing Honda, they definitely stick to 999cc unlike Ducati who just bumps up cc with every model. If Honda manages a 999 v twin with similar levels of performance as the Ducati, That would be amazing - ly bad for Ducati fans :laugh:

Nothing beats a parallel V-twin ... gosh the sound is orgasmic, as far as racing goes than yeah improvement over it are necessary.
Parallel v twin?

Am I missing something? :confused1:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Just for the record the 1299 isn't my most favourite Ducati. That honor goes to this one :)

View attachment 16793

Yes, now the case that you say is interesting because with Ducati moving the V4 way, Honda has said they will return to v twin. Interesting times ahead. Knowing Honda, they definitely stick to 999cc unlike Ducati who just bumps up cc with every model. If Honda manages a 999 v twin with similar levels of performance as the Ducati, That would be amazing - ly bad for Ducati fans :laugh:

Parallel v twin?

Am I missing something? :confused1:

The 1198, it's way more aggressive than the current gens.

The low end mid range surge

Global Defence

New threads

Articles