Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I never said they make unsafe cars, just expensive and unreliable ones :) There is a reason that the Bimmer will lose 30% of its value in three years here while a Japanese car hardly depreciates.
You are right,back in 2015 i tried to sell the zen,and at that time the car was 16 years old and she still attracted 1lakh rupees(back in 1999-it costed my dad 3.5l).

My friends died on a kraut car too.

Krusty

Country flag
I never said they make unsafe cars, just expensive and unreliable ones :) There is a reason that the Bimmer will lose 30% of its value in three years here while a Japanese car hardly depreciates.
That was for my point about well engineered vehicles. It's more than just pieces of metal strung together.

@aditya10r if any car stands a reasonable chance of protecting its occupants in a randomly selected crash parameters, it's the kraut cars along with Volvo.

I'm sorry about the unfortunate incident involving your friends, but I'm afraid it was terrible luck. Check my earlier post, I have linked a story where a Chevy was split in half and the occupants survived.

Check this out.. a proper crash @300kmph in a BMW m5 and occupants survived. One was 60 years old. Imagine a 60 year old surviving a 300kph crash where the car flipped several times before coming to rest.. The car was totalled though.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679088

No car will guarantee 100% passenger protection in all situations. Car makers merely try to maximise the chance of survival. I'm just saying kraut cars are built with insane attention to detail which includes safety.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
That was for my point about well engineered vehicles. It's more than just pieces of metal strung together.

@aditya10r if any car stands a reasonable chance of protecting its occupants in a randomly selected crash parameters, it's the kraut cars along with Volvo.

I'm sorry about the unfortunate incident involving your friends, but I'm afraid it was terrible luck. Check my earlier post, I have linked a story where a Chevy was split in half and the occupants survived.

Check this out.. a proper crash @300kmph in a BMW m5 and occupants survived. The car was totalled though.

No car will guarantee 100% passenger protection in all situations. Car makers merely try to maximise the chance of survival. I'm just saying kraut cars are built with insane attention to detail which includes safety.
Okay,i understand that a car simply cannot guarantee life but when you are going at 60kmph and smash the brakes(with abs) the car should not behave like a non abs car and 60kmph is not a high speed,it is easily achievable.

For some 4-5 days i am using my ol' zen for my commute and do some 80kmph and then slam brake pedal and still the car remains in line.

Krusty

Country flag
Okay,i understand that a car simply cannot guarantee life but when you are going at 60kmph and smash the brakes(with abs) the car should not behave like a non abs car and 60kmph is not a high speed,it is easily achievable.

For some 4-5 days i am using my ol' zen for my commute and do some 80kmph and then slam brake pedal and still the car remains in line.
A BMW stepped out of line while braking from 60k? Wow. Something seriously wrong there. This is nowhere even close to the limits of the car. If it stepped out of line at 60 then it had serious issues which went unnoticed. I don't want to Guess, but this incident is strange to say the least.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
A BMW stepped out of line while braking from 60k? Wow. Something seriously wrong there. This is nowhere even close to the limits of the car. If it stepped out of line at 60 then it had serious issues which went unnoticed. I don't want to Guess, but this incident is strange to say the least.
Not a bmw,it was a volswagen(the car was about 3-4 years old car 2013or14 model).I doubt the electricals and the brakes

Krusty

Country flag
Not a bmw,it was a volswagen(the car was about 3-4 years old car 2013or14 model).I doubt the electricals and the brakes
3-4 year old VW ? Still I am inclined to say some major problem existed that was overlooked. Even my dad's old m800 wouldn't do that. Anyway, it's just me thinking out loud..

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
3-4 year old VW ? Still I am inclined to say some major problem existed that was overlooked. Even my dad's old m800 wouldn't do that. Anyway, it's just me thinking out loud..
Well i feel the same.The car must have had a serious problem........................................................................

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

Check this out.. a proper crash @300kmph in a BMW m5 and occupants survived. One was 60 years old. Imagine a 60 year old surviving a 300kph crash where the car flipped several times before coming to rest.. The car was totalled though.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679088

The mechanical cage is usually great but bmws have had a serious problem of catching fire in crashes.

In terms of safety Subaru is right up there with Volvo and ahead of the germans. But basically most modern cars are good enough wrt safety with a couple of exceptions.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The mechanical cage is usually great but bmws have had a serious problem of catching fire in crashes.

In terms of safety Subaru is right up there with Volvo and ahead of the germans. But basically most modern cars are good enough wrt safety with a couple of exceptions.
Did you read this: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...-in-chennai/story-ccIgr0yIXlxjWO4iuPyioJ.html

I bet bmw paid lots of money to hush it up, coz I didn't hear anybody asking any questions like why did it catch fire so easily, why they were unable to open both doors and so on etc.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Did you read this: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...-in-chennai/story-ccIgr0yIXlxjWO4iuPyioJ.html

I bet bmw paid lots of money to hush it up, coz I didn't hear any body even asking any questions like why did it catch fire so easily, why they were unable to open both doors and so on etc.
Wow, yep exactly what I'm talking about. They also have a history of spontaneously combusting while parked.

If they can cheat on emissions, they can pay money to hush up the accident specially in India.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/bmw-mystery-fires-abc-news-investigation/story?id=47335778

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Advanced Kraut tech, leave no evidence behind hehehe...
Maybe they used research from their gas chamber tech or the likes and miniaturized it for cars.

jk
Savage :pound:

There is another factor to European cars that I haven't mentioned. They just smell of communism to me somehow. I understand that with globalization things aren't as simple but buying German feels like paying money to Angela Merkel so she can settle some more Syrian ISIS assholes in Europe. :laugh:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Savage :pound:

There is another factor to European cars that I haven't mentioned. They just smell of communism to me somehow. I understand that with globalization things aren't as simple but buying German feels like paying money to Angela Merkel so she can settle some more Syrian ISIS assholes in Europe. :laugh:
I don't think any group can integrate into Europe in general and Germany in particular; case in point jews or go back further Romani from RJ area of india.

So there's probably going to be mass halal in future.

Frankly I pity the syrians (note: syrians, not ISIS); it isn't a war they asked for but got as present from a certain Uncle, because Syria has a russian base.
Goddamnit you syrians, democracy doesn't work that way!!!!

captscooby81

Country flag
Well this particular case of BMW M5 crash i think the occupants are sure collapsed after the impact and then front door were jammed between the compound wall and the tree plus with the smoke they might have gone unconscious inhaling the smoke and the charred to death by the fire ..

I bet bmw paid lots of money to hush it up, coz I didn't hear anybody asking any questions like why did it catch fire so easily, why they were unable to open both doors and so on etc.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Well this particular case of BMW M5 crash i think the occupants are sure collapsed after the impact and then front door were jammed between the compound wall and the tree plus with the smoke they might have gone unconscious inhaling the smoke and the charred to death by the fire ..
Apparently the car hit a speed breaker then swerved out of control, then hit a tree and caught fire almost immediately. :hmm:

The police said that on Friday night, Ashwin and his wife were proceeding to Leela Palace Hotel for dinner in their high-end two-seater BMW Z4 car when the accident took place.

Family sources said he usually took his wife for a spin around Elliots Beach or the Marina before going home.

Sources said that at 1.45 a.m., the couple’s car went over a speed breaker, which was not illuminated, just in front of the Ambedkar Memorial on DGS Dinakaran Salai. The car then flew in the air. It hit the median on the right side and veered around, before running over the platform on the left and crashing.
Unable to open doors

The couple apparently could not open the doors, and the car instantaneously caught fire. The blaze that engulfed the car was so massive that passers-by and others could not go close enough to help them. A few passers-by shared a video of the car on Facebook Live.

Two journalists from The Hindu, who were in the vicinity, witnessed the crash and the blaze that followed.

R. Janakiraman, an advertising professional from Velachery, witnessed the accident and said the car was being driven at an excessive speed and it hit the median. “Before we could reach the car, it caught fire and huge flames engulfed the entire area. The material inside the car was exploding one after another,” he said.

Passers-by informed the police control room, and a police team from the Adyar Traffic Investigation Wing rushed to the spot. Personnel of Fire and Rescue Services reached the spot and put out the fire after half-an-hour. The charred remains of the couple were recovered and sent to the Government Royapettah Hospital for post-mortem. The car was gutted, and its mangled metal remains were taken to the police station for further investigations.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ed-in-accident-in-chennai/article17526381.ece

These bmw sure have a thing for fire.

Fucked up, man.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
I am a great fan of EV and PHEV cars, especially one which have elaborate composite body and adaptive front lights.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles