Devoted husband seeking a kidney for his wife in south carolina

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The amazing love story of the 77-year-old husband pleading with strangers on the street for a kidney to save his sick wife

A South Carolina husband has shown just how deep and wide and long is his love for his wife of 57 years.

Larry Swilling's wife Jimmie Sue was born with just one kidney and after a lifetime of relying on the sole organ, she is now in need of a kidney donation.

But the 77-year-old man is not a match and as a testament of his love for his soul mate as she waits for a donor, the man has taken to the streets of his hometown of Anderson, South Carolina to ask strangers if they would donate a kidney for the love of his life.

'She's my heart,' the desperate husband told CBS News about his quest to find an organ donor for his wife.

Jimmie Sue is on a donor list but that could take as long as three years.

In a last ditch effort, he decided to plead with strangers for help.

'I don't care what people think,' he said, telling his wife 'I'm going to get you a kidney.'

He has taken to the sidewalks and streets of his hometown and has even traveled to neighboring communities.

Wearing a signboard that reads 'Need Kidney 4 Wife,' he walks up and down busy streets to see if anyone would help.

Amazingly, hundreds of people have called the number on the sign to volunteer to be tested as a match.

So far, no match has been found but the Swillings are excited that so many people have stepped forward and hope the volunteers will go ahead and donate so another patient in need could have a chance at life.

'If I get a kidney, fine. If I don't, I hope someone else does,' Mrs Swilling said.

Donations are being collected for a fund to help the Swillings.

Interested organ donors who are willing to see if they could be a match for Mrs Swilling can contact the Medical University of South Carolina Transplant Center: 1-800-277-8687.

The amazing love story of the 77-year-old husband pleading with strangers on the street for a kidney to save his sick wife | Mail Online

@W.G.Ewald Only posted it because it was a touching story!

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@W.G.Ewald Only posted it because it was a touching story!
Well it is.

As far as finding a match, anybody could donate a kidney to the kidney bank for his wife. It works the same in the States as it does in India.

Kidney Federation of India

You could donate your kidney for your loved ones who have chronic kidney disease. Though your kidney may not match your loved one, you can donate to the Kidney Federation of India - kidney bank and we, from our database will be able to provide the suitable match for your dear one.
:: Kidney Federation of India ::

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles