Dev Anand Passed away

Pintu

Times of India, showing breaking news of Dev Anand passing away in London. He was 88.

RIP Dev Sahab, we will not forget you.

pmaitra

Sad news.

Rest in Peace. He was one of my favourites! The Indian Gregory Peck!

HeinzGud

Country flag
Good Bye Mr. Anand! May your soul rest in peace!

Pintu

Last edited by a moderator:

Pintu

KS

Bye bye DFI
Never seen a movie of his ,so cant comment on his skills.....but have heard he is one of the legends of Bollywood..R.I.P.

SHASH2K2

Main zindagi ka sath nibhata chala gaya. Har fikr ko dhuyen me urata chala gaya.
Rest in peace Dev saab.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He has a long and chequered innings.

And many a beautiful girls he introduced to the film industry.

RIP, Dev Anand.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
RIP, love this song of his.

he was one lively person full of energy.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
What a loss, I am his fan since childhood. My only favorite movie is 'Guide'. Rest in Peace Dev Sahib.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Evergreen actor Dev Anand dies

Evergreen actor Dev Anand dies of cardiac arrest in London

Dev Anand, Bollywood's evergreen star, who swayed generations of fans as debonair hero and later as a filmmaker in a Bollywood career spanning 65 years, died in his sleep on Sunday, leaving behind a legacy of classics like Guide and Hum Dono.

A sprightly 88-year-old Dev Anand came here a few days ago for a medical check-up and died after a massive cardiac arrest in his hotel room at 10pm (3.30am IST Sunday) with his son Sunil by his side.

The legendary actor was rushed to a nearby hospital but he was pronounced brought dead. He was not keeping well for the last few days.

Dev Anand will be creamated on Tuesday or Wednesday in London, his aide Mohan. His wife Kalpana Kartik, daughter Devina and granddaughter will be flying to London.

His trademark puff of hair and his sloping walk in films like CID and Jewel Thief, created a huge fan following, making him a legend in his own lifetime.

Dev Anand, whose idol was Hollywood star Gregory Peck, gave countless hits like Guide, Paying Guest, Baazi, Jewel Thief, CID, Johny Mera Naam, Amir Garib, Warrant, Hare Rama Hare Krishna and Des Pardes.

When his contemporaries like Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar stopped being the leading men in movies, the versatile actor continued to woo young heroines in movies like Johnny Mera Naam, Des Pardes, Hare Rama Hare Krishna among others till 1983.

Dev Anand made his debut as an actor in 1946 in Hum Ek Hain. By the time his Ziddi was released in 1947 he was a superstar and never looked back. He made his directorial debut with Prem Pujari.

Dev Anand

For his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema, Dev Anand was honoured with the prestigious Padma Bhushan in 2001 and Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 2002.

The actor's recent movies focused on the themes of present times like Awwal Number, Sau Crore, Censor, Mr Prime Minister and the latest Chargesheet where he played the central character.

Even though after Awwal Number (1990), Dev Anand movies did not do well at the box office, the evergreen hero's mantra was always to think positive. "I never give myself a chance to get depressed. I think ahead," he would say.

In the 40s Dev Anand got offers to star opposite singer-actress Suraiya in woman-oriented films, as the male lead. They fell in love and together gave seven hits Vidya (1948 ), Jeet (1949), Shair (1949), Afsar (1950), Nili (1950) Do Sitare (1951) and Sanam (1951).

Suraiya's maternal grandmother opposed the relationship as they were Muslim and Dev Anand Hindu, and so, Suraiya remained unmarried all her life. Dev Anand married Kalpana Kartik and had son Sunil and daughter Devina.

Dev Anand introduced actresses like Zeenat Aman, Tina Munim, Mumtaz, Jackie Shroff and Tabu to Bollywood.

The actor was planning a second part of "Hare Rama Hare Krishna" even as late as this September.

Evergreen actor Dev Anand dies of cardiac arrest in London - Hindustan Times
Rest in Peace :namaste:

bose

Country flag
Dev Anand, one of the greatest Showman in the film industry. My prayers for his departed soul.

A.V.

SAD TO HEAR THIS , may he rest in peace .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles