Design and Develop in India

Akask kumar

@Akask kumar @Chinmoy @republic_roi97 you have watched Japanese robots a number of times, how about Indian One?
Lakshmi, country’s first banking robot, makes debut in Chennai
City Union Bank MD N Kamakodi interacts with robot Lakshmi

good step in robotics.. but this robot looks a lot like japnese robots..i can bet you this will not succeed in banking domain

how many automated machines in banks work properly?? if you go to an ATM either AC will not work or auto door locking is offline or ATM is malfunctioned..

i would have appreciated if it didnt has any moving/gesture part.. simple speakers , microphone behind a glass box would have done its job as it requires least maintenance ..

republic_roi97

Country flag
good step in robotics.. but this robot looks a lot like japnese robots..i can bet you this will not succeed in banking domain

how many automated machines in banks work properly?? if you go to an ATM either AC will not work or auto door locking is offline or ATM is malfunctioned..

i would have appreciated if it didnt has any moving/gesture part.. simple speakers , microphone behind a glass box would have done its job as it requires least maintenance ..
I think its more of a technology demonstrator, AI has still to go a long way before we create a human mind like AI, till then microsoft's Cortana, apple's SIRI and google like AI are the way to go, and what is the need of AI in bank though ? There are plenty of people who need job and can do the work that this AI can.
Regardless of that, this robot is a move to show the world, that we're not behind them.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
vm/iStockphoto
Experiment to raise the dead blocked in India
By Priyanka Pulla Nov. 14, 2016 , 2:30 PM
BENGALURU, INDIA—The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has derailed a controversial experiment that would seek to revive brain-dead accident victims. On 11 November, ICMR’s National Institute of Medical Statistics removed the “ReAnima” trial from India’s clinical trial registry.
In May, Himanshu Bansal, an orthopedic surgeon at Anupam Hospital in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand, announced plans to give around 20 brain-dead people a mix of interventions including injections of mesenchymal stem cells and peptides, and transcranial laser stimulation and median nerve stimulation. Transcranial laser stimulation involves shining pulses of near-infrared light into the brain; median nerve stimulation is the electrical stimulation of a major nerve that runs from the neck to the arm. Both techniques have been shown to improve cognition in patients with traumatic brain injury. Bioquark, a biotech firm based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, had agreed to supply the trial with peptides that are said to help regenerate brain cells.
In interviews with Indian media in the spring, Bansal described his aim as bringing brain-dead individuals back to a “minimally conscious state” in which patients show flickers of consciousness, such as moving their eyes to track objects. Although there is scant evidence that brain-dead people can recover such function, Bansal says the medical literature describes a significant number of cases of people who have recovered full consciousness from a minimally conscious state.
Other researchers point out that it is improbable that the ReAnima trial—which hasn’t yet begun—would achieve its goals. “While there have been numerous demonstrations in recent years that the human brain and nervous system may not be as fixed and irreparable as is typically assumed, the idea that brain death could be easily reversed seems very far-fetched,” Dean Burnett, a neuroscientist at the United Kingdom’s Cardiff University, told The Telegraph. Medical journals have on occasion carried reports of brain-dead individuals on life support returning to a fully functional state, but researchers have argued that such cases are hard to interpret and often lack evidence of brain death such as the apnea test, a measure of whether the person’s brain stem is making an effort to breathe.
Scientists and physicians are also raising concerns about whether the ReAnima trial is ethically justified. One concern is that the mix of interventions has not been tested in animal models. On their own, the treatments the ReAnima trial would use have shown promise in people with traumatic brain injury, says Amar Jesani, editor of the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics in Mumbai. “But once brain stem death has taken place, and there is no cognition or consciousness, one cannot rely on a few disconnected studies. Why couldn’t they combine these interventions and do proper animal studies?” And even if the experiment were to succeed, he asserts, bringing a brain-dead person back to a minimally conscious state would traumatize family members.
In a press statement, Bansal argued that there are no good animal models for human brain death. Asked in a June interview for The Wire what he planned to do if patients were brought back to a minimally conscious state but did not regain further function, Bansal responded that his team “had not planned for it” initially, but that he had since purchased an insurance policy to cover the costs of full-time care of such patients. Still, the ReAnima team has struggled to convince family members to allow brain-dead accident victims to be enrolled in the trial, says Ira Pastor, chief executive officer of Bioquark.
ICMR identified several regulatory lapses in the trial, including a failure to seek permission to proceed from the Drug Controller General of India, a requirement for all clinical trials in India. Now that ICMR has deregistered ReAnima, the Drug Controller General of India G. N. Singh must stop the trial immediately, says ICMR Deputy Director General Geeta Jotwani in New Delhi. Bansal told Science that “ICMR has nothing to do with the trial,” and says the matter rests with the drug controller. Singh’s office did not respond to questions from Science. Bioquark’s Pastor says that the setback ultimately won’t stop the project, and if necessary the team would pursue the trial outside India. “We are in no major rush, in that it represents a ‘Google Moonshot’–style project,” he says. “Many road blocks, no doubt, will pop up. But the project will go on.”

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I had filed a patent application for waterproof fish, it was rejected.

PS : is there a unfriendly sarkari site where we can keep track of all the new inventions which get accepted?
What is a waterproof fish???????????????????.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

PS : is there a unfriendly sarkari site where we can keep track of all the new inventions which get accepted?
I have an idea to make a pressure cooker which will consume very low degree of heat to cook the food.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
I have an idea to make a pressure cooker which will consume very low degree of heat to cook the food.
I think the thread creator will get pissed at us for hijacking it, but I will make one last entry. I was at a startup meet once, and there were these typical hipster kids who love throwing around buzzwords like 'market disruption', 'big data' 'radically transforming technology', and love to call themselves the CEO of their free blogspot blogs (lol). So one of them asked me, what is your app? I pulled out my phone and showed him a text messaging app and said "you see this? right now, you can sent packets of data carrying text from one device to other, there is a packet authenticity verification on the other side and it sends a report once the packets are delivered to the recipient. I wish to add the ability to send audio packets so that the recipient can hear your voice no matter how far away he is", the kid was like "that's totally awesome, it will revolutionize the digital communication landscape...blah blah, more buzz words..", then he asked, "what is the app called?" and I said "phone call, it's called a phone call". :pound:

The kid was like :

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Damn......:rofl:
This is most common, I use.
National Innovation Foundation
Not a technical challenge though. Must get edge in metallurgy or polymers, make a material which is a very good conductor heat. Cooker must of high cross sectional area for even and proper heating.
I think the thread creator will get pissed at us for hijacking it, but I will make one last entry.
No to have other inputs, I'll be honoured. I'm not a selfish person. I would love it someone can put here some more fresh info.:)
I was at a startup meet once, and there were these typical hipster kids who love throwing around buzzwords like 'market disruption', 'big data' 'radically transforming technology', and love to call themselves the CEO of their free blogspot blogs (lol). So one of them asked me, what is your app? I pulled out my phone and showed him a text messaging app and said "you see this? right now, you can sent packets of data carrying text from one device to other, there is a packet authenticity verification on the other side and it sends a report once the packets are delivered to the recipient. I wish to add the ability to send audio packets so that the recipient can hear your voice no matter how far away he is", the kid was like "that's totally awesome, it will revolutionize the digital communication landscape...blah blah, more buzz words..", then he asked, "what is the app called?" and I said "phone call, it's called a phone call". :pound:

The kid was like :

Probably that is the reason India has got so many startups.:hmm:
But a lot of them are failing pathetically, learning the real meaning of innovation.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Probably that is the reason India has got so many startups.:hmm:
But a lot of them are failing pathetically, learning the real meaning of innovation.
Almost 80% startups fail in the first year, and 95% of total startups fail within 3 years of starting and it's alright. The core of any business is still 'sales'. A good idea with no sales can still flop, there are many startups which were started in the 2000-2010 time frame, they flopped then because the ecosystem did not exist (mobile payments and related ecosystem and public approval), the same kind of startups are becoming famous now.

Those who simply want a profitable business should look into setting a turnkey business based on one of the existing business models, no need to reinvent the wheel. A friend of mine had some money, he simply started a hosting company, whenever his friends ask him "what's so special about it?" he says "nothing, we are a normal web hosting company and we have customers and are profitable", which is more than one can say for the fancy apps that his friends are trying to build to 'revolutionize' the universe. All successful startups have customers first, the app comes later. In fact, the apps were built only to take off some of the work load that the business was receiving. A lot of the ERP apps were made as internal apps to manage clients, even Quora was made as an internal Q and A system for engineers to talk among themselves and create an FAQ, only later did they start a new company out of it.

Look at how Directi/CodeChef grew in the highly saturated marketplace of competitive programming. What's so unique? one could say it's just a forum for competitive programmers, there is no buzz word to market it, still they grew. If this idea was presented to someone today they would say, there are so many programming forums, blogs, online tutorials, Coursera/Elitmus/EdX why do we need one more? but they made it, and it is successful. Same with WebEngage. It deals with analytics reporting just like Google Analytics, no buzzword. Still they are successful and profitable. I think our resident startup guy @Bangalorean will have more wisdom to share.

In a saturated marketplace, getting customers itself is an innovation. But because of the way the 'idea of innovation' has been fed to us just like the 'idea of India', we are unable to think beyond the template of fancy applications that the news channels presents to us as an 'innovation'. We've all heard about those news which come out every month 'IItian makes nuclear power from his urine' 'IItian makes food from garbage' 'IItian eats shit and shits gold' type of silly news articles. The real innovation is happening elsewhere, but the news media is too stupid to recognize it.

Kids today want to make the app first, so that they can call themselves as the CEO of that app while taking pocket money from their father to buy vada paav. I know people who are running out of small apartments, have customers, are making profit, and they haven't even registered a domain or made a fancy app. I know someone who made some type of cooking machine, it was installed in Akshay Patra's kitchen, it provides food to lakhs of kids daily, and the guy got paid to implement the solution. Where as 80% of kids are still busy trying to build the next Facebook. Tumse na ho payega beta.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Not a technical challenge though. Must get edge in metallurgy or polymers, make a material which is a very good conductor heat. Cooker must of high cross sectional area for even and proper heating.
My idea is based on insulator body with only bottom having good conductor so that heat can not escape from thye system. Whatever heat is poured in remains in the system and keep inside stuff hot.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Kids today want to make the app first, so that they can call themselves as the CEO of that app while taking pocket money from their father to buy vada paav. I know people who are running out of small apartments, have customers, are making profit, and they haven't even registered a domain or made a fancy app. I know someone who made some type of cooking machine, it was installed in Akshay Patra's kitchen, it provides food to lakhs of kids daily, and the guy got paid to implement the solution. Where as 80% of kids are still busy trying to build the next Facebook. Tumse na ho payega beta.
From this I remembered, India badly needs its own social networking and searching goods.
I'm wishing a Start Up to make a search engine, online video service and Application Downloaders, Social Websites etc. like America's Google, Go Duck, Bling, Facebook, Twitter, Russia's Yandex and China's BaiDu, ReneRen, Weibo and Soso, UK's info.com etc..
Do you know why Google and Facebook are such big companies just with social media which has such low charges?o_O

Information! We join social sites, post info here, about ourselves. Social Media giants and search engines usually have high level of statistics about mood/mentality of people (what they search), their personal details, daily routines, observations in military camps and other data, generally higher than government.

They earn money by selling this information to government for surveys or intelligence etc.. And they don't give GOI everything. A lot is stored by them away from GOI used by their compatriots (yankees). And this is the reason CIA has a World Factbook but R&AW doesn't.
They are spying on us.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
From this I remembered, India badly needs its own social networking and searching goods.
I'm wishing a Start Up to make a search engine, online video service and Application Downloaders, Social Websites etc. like America's Google, Go Duck, Bling, Facebook, Twitter, Russia's Yandex and China's BaiDu, ReneRen, Weibo and Soso, UK's info.com etc..
Do you know why Google and Facebook are such big companies just with social media which has such low charges?o_O

Information! We join social sites, post info here, about ourselves. Social Media giants and search engines usually have high level of statistics about mood/mentality of people (what they search), their personal details, daily routines, observations in military camps and other data, generally higher than government.

They earn money by selling this information to government for surveys or intelligence etc.. And they don't give GOI everything. A lot is stored by them away from GOI used by their compatriots (yankees). And this is the reason CIA has a World Factbook but R&AW doesn't.
They are spying on us.
We are already a part of a nationwide social network known as the Aadhar card. They have your name, photo, address, retina scan, fingerprint scan. (The database used is MongoDB, and the servers are based in the US, so your data has already been leaked by the government to the US).

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We are already a part of a nationwide social network known as the Aadhar card. They have your name, photo, address, retina scan, fingerprint scan. (The database used is MongoDB, and the servers are based in the US, so your data has already been leaked by the government to the US).
Yup, I know but having own servers is a long term plan.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Well, I haven't taken an Aadhaar card, nor want to. :)
But the govt. is trying to shove it down my throat. :(

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles