Demonizing Indian men?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by genius, Nov 29, 2014.

1. genius

genius Regular Member

Starting from Delhi case, there has been an increasing awareness of violence against women and children. While it's true that rape is a horrific crime - and victims deserve empathy - it makes me wonder if all this is a way for western media to demonize Indian men.

By pointing to terrorist attacks over and over, western media creates an image in our minds that all Muslims are potential terrorists. Likewise, by pointing to rapes, are they demonizing all Indian men as potential sexual predators?

Is this their real agenda behind their so-called concern for Indian women?

3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

No.

/thread

4. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Yes highlighting the social evils of the eastern countries and based on that building bad stereotypes is west's policy and propaganda.

They have done this to many countries and it is still going on.

5. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

While they were criticizing India for violence against India, they forgot their own crime records. Statistics say that the so-called "Rape Capital" Delhi is much safer for women than the NY city.

Our own self-loathing English Media is responsible for our bad image. I don't think that Indians in general know or care about the western stereotypes.

6. Otm Shank2

Otm Shank2 Regular Member

Yes the west has been trying to demonize indian men. If youve been in the west for the last 20 years you know the about stereotypes of African american men as mindless rapists who have no capacity for empathy for women. Now that its socially and politically unacceptable to criticize African americans the stereotype has been transferred to south Asians, indians and pakistanis.

another stereotype transfered to indians solely is we're meek and passive.10years ago it used to be about chinese north Americans but they transfered it to Ind8ans.

7. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

The rape capital of world is Karachi where 100 women get raped daily.

8. Otm Shank2

That movie slumdog also made the stereotype of Indians being indifferent to quality of life and dependent on luck to escape their nature/fate

I think that helped reintroduce the idea of us/being people as helpless savages/incapable of being above primitive even if he wanted to because of enviorment

9. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

Apu is a good guy, a familyman and ladies man.

[​IMG]

10. Otm Shank2

As odd as it sounds Apu was one of the first postive image many indos had of themselves portrayed in western media lol.

my moniker is from a Simpsons joke

SPIEZ and jouni like this.
  11. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

I would buy a seaside house in Rajasthan before buying Indian rape statistics.Indian men are exactly like they are shown in media

12. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

You mean to say that all crimes are reported in west?

13. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

No not at all but the west does not suffer from serious socio economic issues as us.Women are mistreated and abused on a massive scale in India,learn to accept the reality,one cannot move forward if he does not accept the ground situation and one does not become small if he acknowledges his shortcomings.

14. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Yup it's right 'coz u said so......
    Do u have any stats or Data to prove that 'only India women are mistreated&abused Rest of all countries worship like a goddess'

until unless plz stop ur foolishness.

or

Indian law ask RAPE victim to provide 4 male witness.Plz don't bring everything from ur behind

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    jackprince likes this.
  15. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

Where did i state that "only Indian women are mistreated or abused" ?

The west has it's own issues with violence against women but the thing is that in the west a raped woman is not ostracized by the society,humiliated by the police and judiciary and she still has a chance to make her future bright.

When you think of women in India,you probably have a picture of upwardly middle class women working for corporate sector.But they are a small minority,goto a village where majority of our women live and see how women are treated,i bet it will be a hell of an experience for you.

16. thethinker

thethinker Senior Member Senior Member

So to be clear, Indian men are rapists or potential rapists just like they are shown in media as per you, right?

By that logic, you as well as your male friends and male family members are rapists too?

How many women have you and your acquantainces/friends/near and dear ones raped or sexually harassed so far, do tell?

Remember, all claims less than one would contradict your statement of "Indian men are exactly like they are shown in media?"

And before you claim that it isn't "all" Indian men, you have already assumed the validity of Indian men as a media stereotype of a rapist that is applicable to all Indian men. Why, you even quantified the exactness by claiming "exactly like they are shown in media".

jackprince and Free Karma like this.
  17. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

I repeat don't bring every thing from behind

or

Any law against women,Instead Inidan law biased towards women(i appreciate it).Married men suicide rate is highest in India........... check both in Google

I lived in villages i know better than u about rural women in India........... yes we are poor 3rd world country our judiciary/police not uptomark like all govt sectors.That doesn't mean only WOMEN are DISCRIMINATED in law by Police

what scale u are used,plz let me know.why u used "Where did i state that "only Indian women are mistreated or abused" "

18. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

Western Media does not portray Indian men as potential rapists but misogynists.Indian society is fully of misogyny and you cannot be in denial about that.This so called "rape culture" is a byproduct of this misogyny.

19. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I know some demons who take fiendish glee with cunning slyness posing dubious intent that are most useless to intellectual discourse.

jackprince, Free Karma and thethinker like this.
  20. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

While India is not exactly heaven for lower middle-class and rural women, the media's obsession and hysterics w.r.t. this topic of "rape" has indeed demonized Indian men, unfairly. Consider the following loose points:

The vile lady Sagarika went and whined to the Britshit BBC that "Indian men don't like outspoken women, and that is why I am constantly hounded and abused on social media. They have even coined a name for outspoken women like me: 'Sickular'". The Britshits came up with a giant story based on this point by Pagalika, and lamented the "sorry mentality of educated Indian males". It does not matter that lots of women get along just fine on Twitter without being abused. It does not matter that hundreds of famous men are pilloried and abused even worse than Sagarika. It does not matter that the vile woman Sagarika is abused for her political views, and not for her gender. Pagalika says so, Britshits type it in their news outlet, so it must be true!! (sarcasm).

The AAP bitch called Vidyut tweeted: "Do women members of BJP always spread their legs out for Modi like this?" and followed it up with: "Somewhere out there, a bunch of trolls with d!cks in hand, furiously masturbating, cooking up the next fantasy" a few days later. She was subjected to the full fury of attack by the so-called "internet Hindus" (deservedly so). Then, she began whining about "misogyny" and she was ably supported by feminazis who "stood up for her and decried the misogynistic and chauvinistic attacks against her".

There are SEVERAL such instances that I have observed just in the last few months. So-called "liberal and modern feminists" want to have their cake and eat it too.

A LOT of "rape" cases are due to promises of marriage which the man goes back on, later, as the recent Mumbai police report confirms. Rape statistics in the upper-middle class are being distorted and an image of the educated Indian male as chauvinistic & misogynistic is being cultivated here.

Due to the rape hysteria in the media, Indian men acquired a very unfair reputation as rapists, and were the butt of unkind jokes. An acquaintance of mine overheard people in a Hong Kong bar saying, "there are some curry-hunter rapists".

Indians are the most well-integrated, prosperous and well-behaved minorities in EVERY nation they immigrate to. Indians have never been caught in "sex grooming" and mass rape activities - which is something we hear on an almost monthly basis from the Pakis settled in Britain.

The middle-class Indian male is definitely being unfairly demonized. We are not talking about poor rural folk here.

topgear, Free Karma and thethinker like this.
  21. thethinker

thethinker Senior Member Senior Member

But your reference to Indian men being exactly like as shown in media was related to rape statistics. Don't backtrack now.

Let me requote the context again in which you claimed that media potrayal of Indian men is exactly like how they are.

This claim of yours was in reference to this :