Demographic distribution of Recrutis to Indian Defense forces

ksprabhu

Dear all, Iam looking for demographic distribution of recruits to Indian Defense forces (ie., statewise number of recruits to Indian Defense forces) . Where can I find such report ? Please help

ksprabhu

Statewise distribution of Recruits to India Army

Dear all, Iam looking for information of statewise distribution of no of recruits to Indian Army.Please help me in finding this info. Thanks

Param

All I know is Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh constitute around one-third of the strength.

pmaitra

^^ I think that is true for the Indian Army.

However, the distribution for the following could throw up some surprises:
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Air Force
  • Indian Navy
  • BSF
  • CRPF
  • Rashtriya Rifles
  • CISF
  • RPF

Nonynon

Quick question: is the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy all part of branches of the same thing or are they different entities?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Quick question: is the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy all part of branches of the same thing or are they different entities?
They are branches of the same thing in the sense that they are all part of the Indian Armed Forces and administered under the Ministry of Defence.

They are different entities in the sense that they are each allocated their own budgets as part of the overall defence budget.

amitkriit

These are the service Branches of Armed Forces of India:
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air Force
4. Indian Coast Guard

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles