Delhi's metro success a lesson for Australia

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Isn't it the same Metro, Congress is campaigning in its Bharat Nirman election advertisement.
Yes, I believe so. But UPA had promised a trillion dollar investment in infra, they failed.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Once the Ring road line opens up the passenger traffic will really go up and it will help ease some congestion on the Ring Road.
Ever since construction work started ive gotten stuck on ring road in bumber to bumber traffic everyday near the gurudwara, infact its congested from motibagh flyover to satyaniketan everyday. Once i even got stuck there at midnight :pound:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Ever since construction work started ive gotten stuck on ring road in bumber to bumber traffic everyday near the gurudwara, infact its congested from motibagh flyover to satyaniketan everyday. Once i even got stuck there at midnight :pound:
The metro construction is happening all over the Ring Road. It will negatively impact Congress in 2014.

jamesvaikom

Delhi Metro is really worth the attention it is getting. Let us also not forget that one of the reasons that they are in profit ( small one maybe as the figures are not in the open) is that they do not have to pay taxes on the property that they have developed along the metro stations. This definitely helps them financially.

Once the Ring road line opens up the passenger traffic will really go up and it will help ease some congestion on the Ring Road.
I think they are making only operational profit. They may not recover investment through metro service and property development in metro stations. But metro will help Govt. and people make and save lot of money from other activities. Low traffic jams will help workers reach office on time. Low pollution from vehicles will help reduce spendings for health care. Money saved by reducing fuel consumption is very less compared to money spend for metro construction. But as we import almost all oil we consume, most money spend will go out of our economy. Most money spend for metro will circulate in our economy. According to me Govt. should create more productive jobs with high wages instead of unproductive employment guarantee schemes with low wages. I hope Sreedharan will repeat his success in Kochi Metro also.

jamesvaikom

^^ Oh, it's all about statistics, percentage and, thereby, probability of success :D
You are right. DMRC is getting more works due to their executional skills. Let other public sector companies also get more works by proving their skills.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I think they are making only operational profit. They may not recover investment through metro service and property development in metro stations. But metro will help Govt. and people make and save lot of money from other activities. Low traffic jams will help workers reach office on time. Low pollution from vehicles will help reduce spendings for health care. Money saved by reducing fuel consumption is very less compared to money spend for metro construction. But as we import almost all oil we consume, most money spend will go out of our economy. Most money spend for metro will circulate in our economy. According to me Govt. should create more productive jobs with high wages instead of unproductive employment guarantee schemes with low wages. I hope Sreedharan will repeat his success in Kochi Metro also.
No Metro in the world even makes cash profits. DMRC is the only exception in the world. Every little bit helps the economy.

The planners have been late in Delhi by at least a decade with the Metro and still have not grasped the population growth and increase in traffic.

The Dwarka - Noida line which has 6 coaches ( 4 is std on other lines) and will increase to 8 coaches soon, is the busiest section for DMRC. When the line was opened the Bus Operators went on protest as they felt that they were losing a profitable section, but within months the situation on the road under this line is back to normal chaos and traffic jam.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I have posted earlier also on the regenerative braking system used by DMRC.

The figures are astounding and I am sure as the network increases these figures will multiply.

In 2011, the Delhi Metro project became the first railway project in the world to be certified for carbon credits for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, by the United Nations. DMRC saved 112,500MW of power by using regenerative brakes in the trains, and reduced carbon emissions by 630,000t yearly.
Delhi Metro - Railway Technology

xingapore

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am glad that India has finally got a metro that Singapore got many decades ago. The 20plus million people have been waiting for a long time

Yes, it was delivered on time and on budget like most projects in the developed world.

Well done india.

bose

Country flag
I am glad that India has finally got a metro that Singapore got many decades ago. The 20plus million people have been waiting for a long time

Yes, it was delivered on time and on budget like most projects in the developed world.

Well done india.
India got its first metro about 30 years ago or more, when it first started running in the eastern city of Kolkata...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles