Delhi discriminated between Sharmila & Anna

Param

All separatists HATE AFSPA

ANNA and the lakhs of people all round the country are marching with the slogans "Bharat MAta ki Jai " and "Vande Mataram"

We want to IMPROVE OUR COUNTRY

And YES ALL SEPARATISTS SHOULD BE SHOT DEAD .AFSPA is A MUST
Yeah lets, lets impose AFSPA all over the country and "improve" our country.

Param

Of course all separatist hate AFSPA , Since AFSPA means Army, and Army means they cant play their usual anti-indian devious games.
Instead of blaming separatists all the time, we should address the causes. The constitution needs to be changed and the federal nature of this country should be given importance. Attempts to make this country a unitary state by imposing majority opinion on all regions is the crux of the problem.
When all the regions of this country feel like equals and that they have a say in the decisions of the centre separatist attitudes will change.

AFSPA is a cruel joke on fundmental rights, particularly Right to life and Right to constitutional remedies.

It alienates people, creates more hatred and causes a vicious cycle of violence.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Under AFSPA, members of Assam Rifles and some other units have totally alienated the locals. This is not the correct strategy of winning the minds and hearts of the locals. All these activities only prolong the insurgency and in times even give life to it.

Adux

Country flag
But all unionists should also hate AFSPA, for its prolonged imposition alienates the local people.
It is the union which calls on the Army, and No Army can work without protection of law in their own land. So either you, quash rebellion, train your police and bring order to your state; thus recalling the army. Its not the removal of AFSPA we should aiming for, but for the complete removal of Army and normalcy to the state. If Army is to be deployed, the AFSPA is a necessity

Adux

Country flag
Instead of blaming separatists all the time, we should address the causes. The constitution needs to be changed and the federal nature of this country should be given importance. Attempts to make this country a unitary state by imposing majority opinion on all regions is the crux of the problem.
Crux of the problem is something we cant solve, the rest of the nation is not Mizo's, Assamese' or Manipuri's. We are the not the saem race or ethnicity, and that is their primary cause for the call for separation. what can we do ?change the race of the rest of the country to suit them?

When all the regions of this country feel like equals and that they have a say in the decisions of the centre separatist attitudes will change.
If we malayalee's can live with our north indian brethrens and north east indian brethren, then why cant they? India's land boundaries are non-negotiable, people who dont want it, can leave. But the land isnt going anywhere.
AFSPA is a cruel joke on fundmental rights, particularly Right to life and Right to constitutional remedies.
Army is there for a reason, it is mission is not fundamental rights. Its mission is nation state. There is a reason there is a MoD and MoHA.
It alienates people, creates more hatred and causes a vicious cycle of violence.
Haterd and violence started long before the Army came.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It is the union which calls on the Army, and No Army can work without protection of law in their own land. So either you, quash rebellion, train your police and bring order to your state; thus recalling the army. Its not the removal of AFSPA we should aiming for, but for the complete removal of Army and normalcy to the state. If Army is to be deployed, the AFSPA is a necessity
I agree, Police Reforms are the answer.

pankaj nema

Country flag
We are talking only about alienation, alienation and alienation

What HAS THE GOI NOT DONE FOR North East or Kashmir .Tell me

The North east has been given funds as LIBERALLY AS KASHMIR .

But there is unbelievable corruption and SIPHONING OF FUNDS

The BLEEDING HEARTS must admit that AFSPA has been WITHDRAWN FROM IMPHAL CITY ie the capital of Manipur

But the SITUATION HAS BECOME WORSE

In IMPHAL separatists MOVE around in motorbikes openly carrying Ak 56and other weapons and shouting Anti India Slogans

In North East and Kashmir NO MATTER what YOU DO they will talk of SEPARATISM

Hence the NEED FOR AFSPA . Just SHOOT the RASCALS

johnee

Great post. And last sentence is great summarisation...

Param

Crux of the problem is something we cant solve, the rest of the nation is not Mizo's, Assamese' or Manipuri's. We are the not the saem race or ethnicity, and that is their primary cause for the call for separation. Can we do change the race of the rest of the country to suit them?

If we malayalee's can live with our north indian brethrens and north east indian brethren, then why can they? India's land boundaries are non-negotiable, people who dont want it, can leave. But the land isnt going anywhere.

Army is there for a reason, it is mission is not fundamental rights. Its mission is nation state. There is a reason there is a MoD and MoHA.

Haterd and violence started long before the Army came.
Nobody has the right to tell another human who is native to the land to leave it just because it is part of a country.
India has been around since 1947, the regions that comprise this country along with their people have been around for thousands of years.

The people native to the land have the first right over it, not those from other regions.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^^ That is not how partition happened and how people left their native lands to ideological heavens.

Param

^^ That is not how partition happened and how people left their native lands to ideological heavens.
This is about AFSPA not about partition.
I was replying to the guys statement about people of certain regions being made to leave this country because they don't like it. It is nothing but justification of Ethnic cleansing.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I was replying to the guys statement about people of certain regions being made to leave this country because they don't like it. It is nothing but justification of Ethnic cleansing.
Like on Hindu pandits?

niharjhatn

Nobody has the right to tell another human who is native to the land to leave it just because it is part of a country.
India has been around since 1947, the regions that comprise this country along with their people have been around for thousands of years.

The people native to the land have the first right over it, not those from other regions.
Whilst I'd normally agree with you, in todays day with our pyaare padosi (China, Pakistan), the strategic impact of seccession of NE regions and Kashmir can be absolutely debilitating to the rest of India.

In this sense, it is for the greater good that such talk not be entertained. However, I agree that the NE has long been a neglected part of India, and any government that wishes to tackle the issue should not ask why they don't have the support of the NE and why factions there want to secede from India, but rather what the rest of India has done for the NE.

Significant infrastructure developments + cultural exchange programs will definitely ease the boiling pot... but Param, you paint a very bleak picture of what is going on in the North East... are you from there?

Param

Like on Hindu pandits?
I believe you mean Kashmiri pandits. I know it is a tragedy that they have been driven out of their own lands by militants. The Govt should do everything necessary to help them return and ensure the safety.

Last edited:

Param

Whilst I'd normally agree with you, in todays day with our pyaare padosi (China, Pakistan), the strategic impact of seccession of NE regions and Kashmir can be absolutely debilitating to the rest of India.

In this sense, it is for the greater good that such talk not be entertained. However, I agree that the NE has long been a neglected part of India, and any government that wishes to tackle the issue should not ask why they don't have the support of the NE and why factions there want to secede from India, but rather what the rest of India has done for the NE.

Significant infrastructure developments + cultural exchange programs will definitely ease the boiling pot... but Param, you paint a very bleak picture of what is going on in the North East... are you from there?
Me?Far from the NE.
But whatever there is no justification of the prolonged imposition of a Draconian military law.Like Singh said earlier it should only be for short periods and emergency situations.

Adux

Country flag
Like it or not, from 1947, India is the supreme being.

Do you want to tell that to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka etc who were all at one time part of the great indian empire? So what happened in the last 1000's of years means nothing. India is the reality, people who cant accept it, should move or face the wrath of the Indian state.

What is this other regions? So according to you , which region does India represent?

Tread carefully, traitorous musings and dissent against the nation state of India wont be tolerated on this forum.

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
Are you thick? Do you think any democratically elected government wants to give the army free hand? Do you think a volunteer and professional force, already drastically short of resources with two immediate and grave threats on two borders wants to rule its own people?

If you deploy the Army, then AFSPA will be there. If you dont, it will not be there. SO DONT DEPLOY. Now, that we have come at the conclusion, lets analyze the reasons for deployment, and has the situation changed? If it hasnt, is there any other way? Can we do the same as KPS Gill?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
India is the reality, people who cant accept it, should move or face the wrath of the Indian state.
You should be made the PM, just because you said this.

Param

Like it or not, from 1947, India is the supreme being.

Do you want to tell that to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka etc who were all at one time part of the great indian empire? So what happened in the last 1000's of years means nothing. India is the reality, people who cant accept it, should move or face the wrath of the Indian state.

What is this other regions? So according to you , which region does India represent?

Tread carefully, traitorous musings and dissent against the nation state of India wont be tolerated on this forum.
You do not have to tell me that. I am not fond of rubbish jingoism.

When did I voice dissent ?
I meant India is a Union of states, and the NE, South, North, East, West are all regions. Even though the constition allows Indians from any part to work or live anywhere in the country, you cannot take away the fact that the natives of any region or state have the first right over their land. And hence no bloody ****** can tell them to leave their lands. This does not undermine India's unity in anyway.

This is not Han China or France.

And that statement about moving or facing wrath crap.... sounds a lot like a threat of Ethnic cleansing.

I am a human being first, then an Indian.
I hate Hitler style ultra nationalism.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles