Delhi - Airguns now need license !!

Nagraj

Lolz .................
for air gun why would any one need licence???
this is stupidity!

Last edited:

Nagraj

May be we should all file a license for this will strike some sense in the heads of judiciary :rofl:
Breaking news - Airguns now need license!
Indians For Guns • View topic - Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Going by the court's logic, a rubber band or a strong arm would need a license for being able to propel objects at speed !!!
Beware next time you shoot a balloon in the local fair, police uncle might arrest you or worse the court might chop off your trigger finger. Next thing would be to castrate all men for population control. Is common sense of this country going down to drains ?
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Regards,
Virendra

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Supreme Court Stays Delhi High Court Judgement mandating Airgun licenses

This happened today only. Finally some sense prevails. We saw the following letter from NRAI Secretary posted at IFG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear All

The Supreme Court today stayed the Delhi High Court judgement puttting air weapons under Arms Act. As per the decision of the Delhi High Court, all shooters possessing air weapons were required Arm Licences. The NRAI appealed against this judgement and the Supreme Court was pleased to stay the decision of Delhi High Court.

This will help thousands of shooters whose weapons are laying at airports for Custom Clearance.

The copy of the judgement is awaited and we hope to get the copy by evening.

Regards

Rajiv Bhatia
Secretary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:peace:

SixSigma1978

Not long ago there were noises coming out that gun (im not talking about air gun) restrictions would be relaxed.
Should never happen.
You can see first hand how guns are now treated and used like toys in Pakistan- AK-47's pistols semi-autos used in both weddings (celebratory fire) , personal (Pakistan's gun crime graph is unbelievable) and ethnic (shia vs sunni massacres) and banditry(with thousands of Youtube videos of ordinary men walking into banks taking and looting at will). On a holistic note, the mindset of an average Indian (denominator : IQ, Poverty, lack of common sense) is not that different from the average Pakistani.

With proliferation of weapons - I don't see an India very different from the now ordinary-citizens-armed-to-the-teeth Pakistan whose problems are now unresolvable!! There are millions of weapons now sold freely there, Pakistani government is helplessly watching its cities and towns burn, like in Karachi recently whenthousands were tortured and killed over 3 months of political riots, and entire neighborhoods were bullet ridden - I've also seen the horrors of how lesser responsible people misuse weapons - especially those from the backward communities - even in the first world! The blacks and Hispanics come to mind.

I'm glad India is weapons free - and every effort should be made to hunt down and destroy the small country made weapons proliferating in UP Bihar and Jharkhand - I think we'll be safer country as long the majority of our citizens don't have any access to weapons!

I shudder to think what would happen if the Gujjars or Jats ,armed to the teeth, decide to gherao Delhi demanding reservations, in an version of India where weapons are more freely allowed. The outcome will be quite different from the already disgusting way they behaved during their last Blockade of Delhi protests!!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
UPA just pissed in its pants thinking that if Sharad Pawar next time was walking around and someone having an airgun got uppity. :D

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
okie I've decided to register my copy of the encyclopedia Britannica with the police now , it's certainly heavy enough to break someone's head if thrown with enough force:p.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Gun license on backburner, using desi air guns for fun at the moment.

Will import a .177 or use the gas fired IHP one.
Singh Ji, IHP gives spring piston operated ones too. All their run of the mill rifles are at 3k - 4k price range.

Regards,
Virendra

Global Defence

New threads

Articles