Delhi - Airguns now need license !!

Discussion in 'Internal Security' started by Virendra, May 30, 2011.

1. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Breaking news - Airguns now need license!
    Indians For Guns • View topic - Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

The final judgement of the Delhi High Court regarding a PIL filed by People For Animals (an NGO run by Ms. Maneka Gandhi). Full content at the link above.

Excerpt:-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    heights of stupidity .. some people in Delhi judiciary have their head in their @55e5. :mad2:
    Going by the court's logic, a rubber band or a strong arm would need a license for being able to propel objects at speed !!!
    Beware next time you shoot a balloon in the local fair, police uncle might arrest you or worse the court might chop off your trigger finger. Next thing would be to castrate all men for population control. Is common sense of this country going down to drains ?
    :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Regards,
    Virendra

Zoravar, Nagraj and arshi like this.
  3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

With Maneka Gandhi at the helm what do you expect? Such obnoxious and stupid.

4. discovershashank

discovershashank New Member

This is pathetic... you don't have weapons to defend your family , your loved ones, your weapon and concealed carry laws are screwed,
    why the fun you even call it a democracy... ban everything you can pocket knives are next ,oh wait there is no clear law for the whole country so no point ... sorry but i cant keep it within.... ASSHOLES

5. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Wow, and look at naïve me ... I was hoping they would relax restrictions on real guns.

6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Not long ago there were noises coming out that gun (im not talking about air gun) restrictions would be relaxed.

7. gogbot

gogbot Regular Member

Can't really see the issue ?

Its not as if they have been banned , but they are now regulated.
    Countries like NZ or Australia , just have blanket ban on such things or any kind of weapon lethal or otherwise.

Given the number of times people buy these guns for their dum kids to use as toys , who then use it to shoot other people eyes out.
    Honestly , they were in dire need of proper regulation. Especially when even street sellers can hawk this stuff off

8. Virendra

Hitting at the medium is not a solution, it is counter productive. And we're not even talking about actual fire-arms. Do you know what crap is sold in India in the name of air guns? I own an India made air rifle and let me tell you they're no good than toys.
    School kids raging and causing accidents on road don't mean you ban driving or lower the speed limit on road further. Homicides don't mean you ban kitchen knives, you would not castrate all men to control population.
    Sure there are irresponsible people, but they are irresponsible with almost everything, which is exactly why the common and sane men (90% of us) need protection against the odd anti social elements. The state and its agencies are an organized deterrence to organized crime, but what about random acts of violence that could thrash you and your family any time any place? Law enforcement setup's limited infrastructure leaves the citizenry at the mercy of goons and rapists.
    You cannot delegate that responsibility of self protection to any one else. Self defense is a natural and fundamental right. Without having the means to exercise it, the legal rights are mere pages of the Indian constitution. Try applying for a license and you'll know.
    Half a dozen armed men massacred more than 160 people in Mumbai, if even 5 of them were basic trained legal owners of semi automatic pistols how many fellow citizen could they have killed before being gunned down by them?
    Oppressive policies of Gun control work only on the law abiding citizenry (detrimentally), curlprits don't line up at license authority for legal fire arms. They will seize guns at 10% price from the black market anyways.
    A basic understanding of crime psychology would tell you that there's always a power equation involved. The criminal would never dare go for it, if there's even a possibility that his potential victim would be armed. Forget about the citizen needing to use fire arms actually, mere possession has such an influence. Biggest reason they dare to bounce on us is that the power equation is tilted to them - they overpower us in skill/strategy/number/muscle. The only way innocent citizenry had out of it was to have a legal fire arm for self defense. Now what is left to use for protection? Even toys are outlawed.

As a matter of fact, section 4 of Arms act 1959 indicates that anything longer than 9 inch blade would require a license. Moreover the state governments can always issue a gazzette notification to customize this further, like the M.P. government did - they reduced the limit to 6 inches. I believe automatic knives (called switchblades/rampuris) are completely prohibited.

Regards,
    Virendra

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  9. Virendra

Abhinav Bindra ridicules the court ruling to make air gun license mandatory

Golden finger Abhinav Bindra ridicules the court ruling to make air gun license mandatory:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. arshi

arshi Regular Member

Next : Kitchen knives will need license tooooooooo:rofl:....!!!!!!

11. 123mustang

123mustang New Member

Wow...I would have thought after 26/11, the powers that be in India would have realized that the outdated gun laws from the British Raaj still in force in India need to be removed. We can count on our politicians to go backwards. I am glad I dont live in India anymore.
    Thank you God for Texas !!!

12. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

13. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

I had a cannon at home back in school days, didn't need licence no one asked..

Material:

1.Cycle Hand pumps Steel tube..
    2.Diwali bomb..
    3.Bunch of Glass marbals and cotton..
    4. Brick..
    5.Cello tape..

Point it where u need to fire and within 10 meter anything living will be hurt bad !

Disassemble and keep it safe.... :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    The Messiah likes this.
  14. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I used to go to the roof and fire rockets sideways into other buildings or down onto 'targets'

Virendra and Kunal Biswas like this.
  15. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There are chaps who have been beaten to death by kicks and sticks.

You must have licence for your feet and all forms of sticks to include the foot scale or ruler!

Kunal Biswas likes this.
  16. Virendra

:D :D Yeah me too, but from the ground itself. Actually all us kids in the neighborhood were notorious.
    I was discouraged from starting it but once someone would fire at our area, I'd get a green light from Dad to retaliate (to open area in front & missing the buildings of course).
    It was kind of cool to watch the rocket sprint just above ground, like a furious serpent.
    Back then, my dad would never allow me fire crackers alone :(

Regards,
    Virendra

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    Kunal Biswas likes this.
  17. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Paaji what happened to your gun licence?

18. Ray

I have an airgun.

I don't think that I can go through the red tape for such a harmless equipment.

My array of kitchen knives are more dangerous!

Kunal Biswas likes this.
  19. prakashbioc

prakashbioc Regular Member

Hurray,

Today, SC stayed Delhi HC order and now no license requirement for airguns. Our NRAI informed, the judgment copy is yet to be received, maybe within a day.

Happy plinking...

Singh likes this.
  20. Ray

I have an airgun.

I cannot go through the hassle of getting a licence.

I will give it to the Police to do what they want with it!

Air Guns are so lethal that they should be given to the police to fight the Maoists.

Next the Court will ask kukhris, kirpans and kitchen knives to be licensed!

Also the knives of the butchers and meat sellers!

Nagraj likes this.
  21. prakashbioc

prakashbioc Regular Member

I too have an airgun, but dont worry NRAI strongly opposed the Delhi HC judgment and our concerns are backed by SC order. In foreseeable future, it wont happen. Dont worry about the license.