Decision on Cong PM candidate after general elections

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrj, Mar 24, 2013.

1. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

The decision on the post of Prime Minister will be taken after the 2014 general elections, which the Congress will contest under the leadership of Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, Union minister Rajiv Shukla today said.

"Country's leadership is currently in the able hands of Dr Manmohan Singh. As far as the PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls is concerned, the Congress Parliamentary Party will take a decision in this regard after the polls," Shukla said.

Shukla, who was here to attend a meeting of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association, said party President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in Lok Sabha polls.

Decision on Cong PM candidate after elections: Rajiv Shukla - Indian Express

3. nrj

I have a feeling that both the parties, BJP & Congress are going to duck down on running PM candidate during election campaign.

Congress is tasting water for its candidates & BJP is catch 22 due to whatever allies in NDA.

4. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Then why is Cong so keen that BJP should announce its candidate right now? Lols.

5. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

IF (God forbid) Cong wins the elections, it will be because of Rahul's "brilliance" and if it loses, it will be because of bad governance by MMS, anti incumbency and other excuses. No other reason why Cong will not declare its candidate when its amply clear from the sycophants is that they want Rahul. By not announcing his candidature it only wants to protect Rahul.

parijataka and Das ka das like this.
  6. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Crazy way of contesting election.

Party goes on without a clear candidate Mummy Antonio doing her very best to put her Vinci as head of state.

A donkey cannot become a derby horse race, it should focus on pulling the cart :)

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Announcing the name of Rahul Gandhi as the lead candidate could prove a greater disaster than what it has already got itself into.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the Congress could self implode like this!

I cannot but feel that there is more to it than what meets the eye!

8. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

So I don't know whom I would(not) be voting for! Hail Democracy!

9. tramp

tramp Senior Member Senior Member

In democracy you vote for a set of policies fronted by the parties/coalition... not for individuals. In any case, in the Indian system, no individual will be so powerful that he/she can dictate terms as PM. Those days are over .. and the last of them was Rajiv Gandhi.

10. tramp

tramp Senior Member Senior Member

Either grouping will refuse to name a prime minister candidate officially because the election outcome is still uncertain.

11. nrj

Neither Rahul nor Sonia wants him to become PM. He would have been PM already if he wanted to.

They want to own the Government, they don't want to run it. Because it involves lot of work, which may or may not guarantee upper hand of party in politics.

They will decide among names which we already know.

12. nrupatunga

nrupatunga Senior Member Senior Member

So currently only the third front(?) has a PM candidate i.e. mulayam singh

13. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Rahul Gandhi is himself unsure whether he is up for the task. He seems like a dreamy teenager with no focus in life.