Decision on $10 billion MMRCA deal soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Hey - my suspense is peaking now -
I can barely hold my Champagne glass and my Beer mug balanced over my plate of sausages and blue cheese - come on MoD ....
MoD has replied it seems...

Only bids will be opening after today's meet. Lot of chai-biskoot sessions hereafter. Babus should keep their acidity & cholesterol in check.

Bid opened, yay ! I guess :(

SpArK

SORCERER
Post govt nod, Typhoon, Rafale lock target on mega deal

New Delhi: India moved one step ahead towards finalising the M-MRCA deal with the Defence Ministry today paving the way for opening the commercial bids of two shortlisted vendors by approving their offset proposals.

After the bids are opened, the Defence Ministry will be able to determine the lowest bidder in the deal for 126 Medium-Multi Role Combat Aircraft (M-MRCA) and decide who will ultimately get the contract described as the 'mother of all deals'.

At a meeting chaired by Defence Minister A K Antony, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) cleared the offset evaluation report of Dassault Rafale and Eurofighter Typhoon, the two remaining contenders, Defence Ministry officials said in New Delhi.

All the spade work for the opening of bids have been completed. Opening of the bids will be done in a few days in the presence of the two vendors," they said.

As per the offset clause, foreign vendors bagging deals worth over Rs 300 crore are supposed to invest back 30 percent of the worth of the contract in Indian defence industry.

In M-MRCA, the vendors will have to invest 50 percent of the worth of the deal.

"No date has been specified for opening of the bids but it will happen soon," the officials said.

The offset proposals of the two companies were tabled before the DAC by Director General (Acquisition) Vivek Rae.

Besides the Defence Minister, the two-hour meeting was attended by the three Service chiefs, the Defence Secretary, the Secretarym, Defence Production, the DG (Acquisition) and concerned joint secretaries in the Ministry.

After the bids are opened to evaluate the lowest bidder, the proposal will move to the Finance Ministry for its approval and it will then go to the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) for final nod by the government.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/post-govt-nod-typhoon-rafale-lock-target-on-mega-deal-101907.html

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Hey - my suspense is peaking now -
I can barely hold my Champagne glass and my Beer mug balanced over my plate of sausages and blue cheese - come on MoD ....
hahaha

i think cnn-ibn jumped the gun a little too soon :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ok don't curse me, what are the odds of the deal being called off and a new tender being called?? I am sure no one will participate and everyone will blacklist India as a customer!!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
THAT would be awesome - except Russia will sale their Mig-35 to India through the backdoor (and I don't mean MoD's ass) ...

arya

Country flag
Guys let induct rafale asap

dont wate more time we need more numbers

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok don't curse me, what are the odds of the deal being called off and a new tender being called?? I am sure no one will participate and everyone will blacklist India as a customer!!
Couldn't stop my laugh :lol:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I won't even discuss this. Get those jets already... enough of dead IAF pilots because of flying coffins. :mad2:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
i already know who is the winner, this is all just formality. hahahaha

agentperry

people are thinking of armand, hitler and all. IM thinking of pakis. irrespective of indian air force choice they will churn some of the most hilarious theories that now either of france or EF team will side by pakistan, offer their planes for free to fight against the bid winner, the indian birds are coming with lots of defects hell they are mig-21 modified. there pilots will ultimately crash them bla bla.
interesting that they will try to relive themselves by saving DUDE!!!!!!! you have EF/RAFALE..... huh.....WE HAVE 17, JF-17, THAT TOO CHINESE... hai tumhare pass!! huh....

SPIEZ

Country flag
people are thinking of armand, hitler and all. Im thinking of pakis. Irrespective of indian air force choice they will churn some of the most hilarious theories that now either of france or ef team will side by pakistan, offer their planes for free to fight against the bid winner, the indian birds are coming with lots of defects hell they are mig-21 modified. There pilots will ultimately crash them bla bla.
Interesting that they will try to relive themselves by saving dude!!!!!!! You have ef/rafale..... Huh.....we have 17, jf-17, that too chinese... Hai tumhare pass!! Huh....
truely hilarious

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Any news site reporting the opening of the Bid Documents?

Galaxy

Country flag
Lowest bidder is Dassault, so we know who wins....
Price is not the most important criteria otherwise JAS-39 Gripen would be top contender.

We are Buying as per our requirement and features and Typhoon is best choice.

:germany: :italy: :uk: :spain:

:india:

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Rafale has won and rightly so.

But chance is being given to EF to improve there bid.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Price is not the most important criteria otherwise JAS-39 Gripen would be top contender.

We are Buying as per our requirement and features and Typhoon is best choice[
Price wasn't an issue in technical evaluations, now the winner goes to L1 bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles