Day after car kills IAF man, Kolkata police face the heat

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Screambowl, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...lkata-police-face-the-heat/article8108890.ece

Day after car kills IAF man, Kolkata police face the heat

A preliminary probe indicated that the son of a former RJD MLA was inside the vehicle.
    A day after the Gujarat-based Air Force Drill Instructor Corporal Abhimanyu Gaud was killed by a speeding car during the Republic Day parade rehearsal here, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Thursday stepped up its pressure on the Kolkata police to apprehend the accused.

Police officials said a 22-member special investigation team (SIT) had been set up in connection with the case. A look out notice was also issued against Mohd. Sohrab and his sons Ambia and Sambia.

With preliminary investigation in the hit-and-run case showing that a new Audi Q7 car, registered in the name of the former MLA son’s company, drove past the barricades and ran over the officer, a defence spokesperson categorically said that “somebody has not done his duty.”

“By the grace of God this was not a terrorist attack. Had it been a terrorist attack what would have happened then…The good part is that it is not a terrorist attack, the sad part is that we have lost one of our personnel,” MoD spokesperson S.S. Birdi told journalists here.

“There are eyewitnesses that have told us that there was only one person driving the car. I think this information is not with the Kolkata police who are saying that more than one person could have been there,” the spokesperson said.

Mr. Birdi said the fact that no arrests had been made even 36 hours after the incident had not gone well with the armed forces.

Preliminary investigations indicate that Ambia Sohrab, son of former RJD MLA Mohd Sohrab, was inside the vehicle when the accident occurred.

The 26-year-old had in the past been accused of having a brush with the law.

3. Screambowl

.... I hope they are caught and punished...

This is very sorrowful and really unfortunate and shameful

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

@Screambowl, you edited the title saying "Muslim leader's son kills IAF man (Hit and Run)." Is it necessary to mention that he is a Muslim? Was there any religious angle to this incident that gives you a probable cause, or was it just a reckless driving incident? Why did you not say that "Muslim leader's son kills Gujarati man?"

I have restored the thread title to match the exact text of the article in the opening post.

5. Screambowl

because, if the son belonged to the leader from BJP, then the title would have been , Hindu party leader's son killed minority man.

guru-dutt likes this.
  6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Where? Show me. I will change it back to the original.

7. Screambowl

I said, IF it was the vice versa.

Well the guy who was driving , his father is a leader of Muslims finally.

guru-dutt likes this.
  8. Keshav Murali

Keshav Murali Back to studies :( Senior Member

A funny thing to note.

The father claims he is a "fruit-seller".

Apparently Indian fruit sellers can now buy multiple Audis for their son!

VIP, jackprince, Dovah and 3 others like this.
  9. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Police is saving the culprit. How could this son of an ex-MLA flee from the crime scene, which is supposed to be a high security area?

Just to prove a point or two few Military Vehicles may be used to return the favour to the Police.

10. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

I've been to kolkata and I must say I was impressed by their dedication towards their job.There was always a traffic policeman on every square guiding the traffic regardless of the working condition of the red light.
    Thullas in Delhi don't work for sh8t.

11. TheRenegades

TheRenegades Regular Member

LOL ... busted. Ifs and buts are unnecessary when stating facts / published news

12. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Since the car belong to a Musalman,action won't be taken by Mamta Khan or a hogwash at best.

RIP to Abhimanyu,if it was an Army case or if the culprit was caught at thete ,jawans would've given their verdict then and there.

13. Screambowl

The facts are never stated in Indian media. Unless u til it is anti hindu

sent from mars

14. aditya g

aditya g Regular Member

The accused needs to be arrested and made an example of. Somebody needs to be f***ing arrested and happiness screwed.