Dawood in Pakistan, joint efforts with US to nab him

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Dawood in Pakistan, joint efforts with US to nab him: Shinde - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: India's most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim is in Pakistan and joint efforts with the US were being made to nab him, Union home minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Friday.

"As per our information, Dawood is in Pakistan. When I went to America last year to discuss inland security, I met the Attorney General who looks after the FBI.

"I talked to him and we decided that we will pass whatever information we have on Dawood amongst each other. We decided we will make joint efforts," Shinde said when asked about the whereabouts of Dawood who is wanted in a number of cases by Indian agencies including the 1993 Mumbai blasts.

The minister was addressing his monthly press conference.

The home minister, on the same question about Dawood last year, had said all such wanted elements will be brought back "one by one".

"All will come. Just wait," he had said.

Dawood, who heads a vast and multifaceted illegal business, has emerged as India's most wanted terrorist after the 1993 Mumbai bombings, which he allegedly organized and financed.

An Interpol red corner notice is still pending against him.

According to the US, Dawood maintains close links with terror outfit al-Qaida. As a result, the US declared him a "global terrorist" and pursued the matter before the United Nations in an attempt to freeze his assets across the world and crack down on his operations.

During the tenure of Shinde as home minister, security agencies successfully brought back several wanted terrorists including Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, key plotter of Mumbai attack terrorists Fasih Mahmood aka Fasih Mohammed, Abdul Karim Tunda and Yasin Bhatkal.

Blackwater

Just like joint effort to nab hafiz saeed with 10 million bounty

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles