David Attenborough - Humans are plague on Earth

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by parijataka, Jan 23, 2013.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I agree!

David Attenborough - Humans are plague on Earth

Humans are a plague on the Earth that need to be controlled by limiting population growth, according to Sir David Attenborough.

The television presenter said that humans are threatening their own existence and that of other species by using up the world’s resources.

He said the only way to save the planet from famine and species extinction is to limit human population growth.

“We are a plague on the Earth. It’s coming home to roost over the next 50 years or so. It’s not just climate change; it’s sheer space, places to grow food for this enormous horde. Either we limit our population growth or the natural world will do it for us, and the natural world is doing it for us right now,” he told the Radio Times.

Sir David, who is a patron of the Population Matters, has spoken out before about the “frightening explosion in human numbers” and the need for investment in sex education and other voluntary means of limiting population in developing countries.

“We keep putting on programmes about famine in Ethiopia; that’s what’s happening. Too many people there. They can’t support themselves — and it’s not an inhuman thing to say. It’s the case. Until humanity manages to sort itself out and get a coordinated view about the planet it’s going to get worse and worse.”

Sir David, whose landmark series are repeated from Monday on BBC2, starting with Life on Earth, has also spoken out about the change in wildlife documentaries during his lifetime.

The 86-year-old said commentary from presenters like himself are becoming less necessary as camera work is able to tell a story.

“I’m not sure there’s any need for a new Attenborough,” he said. “The more you go on, the less you need people standing between you and the animal and the camera waving their arms about.

“It’s much cheaper to get someone in front of a camera describing animal behaviour than actually showing you [the behaviour]. That takes a much longer time. But the kind of carefully tailored programmes in which you really work at the commentary, you really match pictures to words, is a bit out of fashion now … regarded as old hat.”

3. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

I agree to, humans act like a Skin Cancer on earths surface. We cut down and destroy everything around us. We behave like a cancer cell.

From above it looks like a warty out growth of dead stuff.

[​IMG]

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Thank you for your pearls of wisdom. Did you realize that the picture you posted is what the gods see when they look down on us mortals from heaven?

:troll:

devgupt, arnabmit and uvbar like this.
  5. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

I used to watch David Attenborough on PBS's Nature. Sorry he's lost his mind.

I think his brother Richard directed A Bridge Too Far.

Phenom likes this.
  6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

won't exactly call plague. But yeah, we should tone down a little bit on ----ing up the environment, Karma is a bitch.

7. W.G.Ewald

We had a chance to evolve after Noah and the Flood...

8. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Right! So Noah put the kangaroos in Australia and Penguins in Antartica or did they swim back there?

asianobserve likes this.
  9. W.G.Ewald

You got me there.:rolleyes:

God said after the flood he would never again destroy the world with water.

"The fire next time." :shocked:

2 Peter 3:3-7
    Just kidding with you, G-K. :) Think of the Bible as a well-known work of literature I like to quote from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  10. W.G.Ewald

11. LordOfTheUnderworlds

LordOfTheUnderworlds Regular Member

Agent Smith explained that long ago

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Razor, W.G.Ewald and HeinzGud like this.