Dance bars to reopen in Maharashtra

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ashdoc, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

3. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

My memories from a decade back----

The recent supreme court decision to revoke the ban on dance bars in Mumbai brought back memories of nights spent in the dance bars of mumbai a decade back .

A short trip into nostalgia---

i used to go to these dance bars from the early 2000s till mid 2000s ---3 to 4 years....at that time i was in my mid to late twenties .

i dont even remember all the names of all the bars---dimmed from memory.....

one bar i remember is karishma bar of dance bar association chief manjit singh sethi at dadar .

but the best and most beautiful girls were to be found in tandoor bar at mahim !! i would have given a five star rating to that bar if i had to rate it....

one of the girls in tandoor bar---a muslim one named niloufer ( not real name ; these girls never use their real names in the bar)---was stunningly beautiful , slim and with light eyes and pink skin ; all the works.....

she used to regularly come and talk to me and give enticing smiles to me while dancing . naturally i was mesmerised......

but one guy warned me---she may be giving you the hint , but dont try to get her for a very dangerous goon is after her too and he is not averse to using violence to get rivals out of the way....

i was well warned !!

for later i heard that the goon went to the house of another guy who was after her and fired a pistol in the air to scare him off.....

later he and niloufer had an intimate relationship , or so i heard....

but she ran away to UP with much of his money and disappeared forever....the goon went crazy for a while and drank heavily but afterwards recovered....today he does strong arm stuff for MNS .

to come back to the original topic---the girls wear chaniya choli and dance to bollywood numbers .

we drink and watch . occasionally a client showers money in thousands to even lakhs on the girl . if you do this several times you get the chance to bed the girl many times . but the girl is after your money and she remains only as long as the money lasts . thus in the end these girls are high profile high class and extremely expensive prostitutes .

sometimes you get to hear a sad story . a friend of my friend managed to win a bar girl's heart by promising marriage . but when the time for marriage came his parents told him that if he married a bar girl he would have say goodbye to any inheritance from them . they shifted him to another house far away to keep her away from him . when the girl realised he had not met her for some time she went straight to the boy's parents and asked them to let him marry her . but they refused and there were a lot of tearful scenes as the girl was madly in love with him . she went into depression and tried to commit suicide but doctors saved her . the boy refused to get married to another girl for many years , but finally married late.....

the dance in the bars continues from late evening till 5 am in the morning .

another funny story i heard----a group of old parsi gentlemen from parsi colony used to go out for a morning jog at 5 . 30 am in the morning . suddenlly they changed their time to 4 am.....
    after several such days the wife of one them got suspicious and followed them . and following them she landed in this dance bar where these old men were sitting at 4 . 30 in the morning in a dance bar drinking soft drinks watching the girls !! this they were doing wearing shorts they used to wear for jogging !!

the song ' kajra re ' on which aishwarya rai danced in ' bunti and babli ' was the most popular ever in dance bars---the girls used to dance most enthusiastically on it .

the one dream of these girls was to dance on himesh reshamiyya's songs when they were a rage . but by this time the ban had been enforced....

on the last day ( 14 august 2005 ) when the bars were open there were many emotional scenes . next day ( independence day ) the bars were going to be closed forever---so it seemed....
    the girls hugged each other and cried as they said goodbye---many clients were in tears too....

an era in mumbai's nightlife was over.....

VIP and Sakal Gharelu Ustad like this.
  4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Congratulations @ashdoc , I remember you were so sad when dance bars were banned. :laugh:

ashdoc likes this.
  5. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

hahahahahaa....................................... @ashdoc When Islamofascists destroy civilisation and maankind is long extinct and all that is left is a harddrive of a remote server somewhere in the ruins, some aliens are gonna find that shit.
    After years of research in our tech, they will be able to read the contents and will stumble upon your posts.
    It will put a smile on the Alien nerds face as he reads your post.
    PS: Atleast Modi did not ban something :lol: