Dalits prevented from drawing water from well

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Adux, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

Dalits prevented from drawing water from well - Times Of India

3. Adux

Just to give you some gems posted on the article by readers, I am sure as usual Castism is a creation of the British, Lower caste is having a great time in India: That bandwagon will have some excuses for this and their ancestors. I wish someone dared to do this to me, Like to punch someone's face in

plugwater likes this.
  4. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

'mah favorite! :D

5. Adux

This would be my favorite

6. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

sounds apartheid for me, very honestly

7. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Not quite. Apartheid was imposed by colonial rulers on indigenous people. Here Indians are doing it to Indians.

Adux likes this.
  8. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

It will take time to change this horrible practices. Casteism has been entrenched in Indian society for hundreds of years, so wiping it out won't be an easy task, but nonetheless things are moving in the right direction, caste is slowly loosing its importance in the major metros, hopefully the trend would soon spread to towns and villages in the coming years.

Another thing to look at, the discrimination is not just between upper caste and lower caste. Often people who discriminate against Dalits are themselves classified as Backward and they get all the reservation benefit from the government.

9. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

Hope none will appear claiming Caste syetem is our tradition and must say......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Regular Member

What the hell. How can these people call themslves Indians. Have they not read the consitution? Damn!! what kind of people are these...seriously I have never met any person like these and I sure as hell hope I dont. Reading things and comments like these makes me loose hope at times on Indian society. I am seriously saddened at times by the sheer apathy and ignorance of people.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  11. bhogta

bhogta Regular Member

Too bad , these people should be punished.

12. Energon

Energon DFI stars Stars and Ambassadors

How is it that the Hindutva revolutionaries haven't bothered to propose strong legislation (in their desired Hindu state) to effectively dismantle the caste system once and for all and instead prefer to waste their time on inconsequential matters? One would imagine that for a Hindu polity eradication of the archaic caste system and proliferation of education would be the top priorities given that they are currently the biggest challenge facing Hinduism.

13. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

Where exactly is this Hindu state with a Hindu polity,iam afraid the political map i have doesn't depict one,or are we to create a fictional Hindu state and pass far reaching fictional legislation's.Dalit political groups have developed greater incentive to maintain the caste system,perhaps into perpetuity,thanks to the benefits affirmative prorammes and any attempt to find dilute caste system as social classification in Indian society has been stone walled by many of the Pseudo pro Dalit parties,the most recent example being the reinstatement of caste based enumeration of population during the decennial census of 2011.

Before we engage in the task of evolving methods to quickly and effectively eradicate the caste system,we need ask ourselves if we really have a desire to see the last of the caste system,caste Hindus and Hindutva alone cannot decide it.

mayfair and hit&run like this.
  14. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

As long as the benefits of reservation are there, caste system will be there.

- a notified Backward Community member.

mayfair and S.A.T.A like this.
  15. Energon

Energon DFI stars Stars and Ambassadors

Actually Hindus and Hindutva are the only engines that can effectively make a difference. The caste system was dismantled structurally through the constitution however it's practice is still rampant because Hindus prefer to retain the status quo. Only if the upper caste Hindus take the first step towards effectively rejecting the caste system will there be a change.

Almost all the issues leading to a structural paralysis like reservations, quotas etc. can be traced to the absolute lack of grass root infrastructure of primary education. One would hope that Hindu organizations commanded by upper caste Hindus would take it upon themselves to expend their resources to address this concern and even turn it into a mass volunteer based system. This model has worked wonders for Mormons who went from being a backward community to one of the most (if not the most) educated and prosperous groups in the United States.

mayfair, KS and Adux like this.
  16. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

caste Hindu have already taken the first steps forward,long before Independence,right from spiritual leader like Vivekananda to political leaders like Gandhi have made it the principal focus of their deliberations on churning of the national consciousness.Asa matter of fact it in the primary interest of the Hindu society,in order to sustain unity and social space,to root it out.

Rome wasn't built in a day,caste system has has millenniums to entrench itself into a rigid social habit,and old habits,they say,die hard.Its been not even a generation since we have started questioned old habits,it will take time and patience.

Hindu Matts and social institutions have been in the forefront of spearheading social reforms in the Hindu society,recently the seer of Pejawar matth of Udupi,one of the holiest seats of the Vaishnava tradition in south India(comparable to the Kanchi matth)visited a dalit colony in Mysore in order to give deeksha(religious initiation),a rare honour even to those among high castes,amidst protest by pseudo dalit groups who do not wish to see reform,they are content milking this 'victimhood' cow until it runs dry.

Social lethargy,vested interests have hampered the reform process,not to mention the shenanigans of so called pro dalit socio-political groups,but its a process that is set on its course and cannot be turned back.

P.S:All stories have another side,we must not jump to broad conclusion based on merely one side of a tale, reported by the media.

mayfair and hit&run like this.
  17. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Just shoot those perverts who prevented these people from drawing water. Perhaps a few deaths of these oh-we-are-superior-caste losers would drown casteism out of force. I would authorize that if I were the state CM.

pack leader and Sabir like this.
  18. Adux

I am yet to see RSS, VHP or BJP taking a strong stand against Casteism. The State Secretary of BJP, who is a personal friend feels it is one of the primary reason he cannot win any elections here. BJP is a high caste fiefdom.

So this is the Dalits banning themselves from using a water well otherwise used by Higher Caste, so they get more Reservation from Government. Very interesting ploy. Them Dalits are really brainy.

Yes, Public humiliation is something every lower caste would like to happen to him. He really needs the caste system.

Reservation wouldnt have been there in the first place, if casteism never existed.

Lets keep the Caste system, it will surely be the end of Hinduism in the long run, without any unifying factor it cannot the stand the onslaught of other religions. I am all for everyone converting to Christianity, Pork and Alcohol, and ofcourse a far more freerer society. Its better for the Indians.

19. Adux

Ofcourse Yes, Since Casteism never existed before the advent Reservation. Facepalm.

20. Adux

You think without reservation, with the meager infrastructure and resources which India had at the time, which was 100% higher caste and was their fiefdom, these people who were subjugated for centuries had any sort of a chance? If the newstory happened today, Imagine 50 years ago?

21. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

As if there was no discrimination before the quota syatem came to exist. Moron. Only one part if your non-sense is right that the quota system should go which is making the situation worse.

Adux likes this.