Dalit Christians Say Vatican Should Pay for “Collective Sin”

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by KS, Apr 7, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Dalit Christians Say Vatican Should Pay for "Collective Sin"

Well done. I whole-heartedly support their demand.:thumb:

BTW 20 million Dalit Christians ..? When their whole population is supposed to be somewhere around 25-30 million ? This shows there is some fudging in the Census also.

Vishwarupa, devgupt and parijataka like this.
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Well I agree that there can be no Dalit Christian since it goes against the tenets of Christianity, yet I have serious reservations about this:

This is turning the issue into a economic issue and not an issue of conversion because of conviction.

In other words, they are giving credence to those who say that the conversion is fraudulent and through allurement and enticement!

4. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

They could give up their adopted religion and they may be eligible for reservations again or is that unconstitutional? It would be a very big compromise.

5. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

It always an economic/social issue and casteism is very much prevalent among the converts, atleast in TN.

In some interior towns the dalit christians have separate churches as they are not allowed to attend the same churches as others and they have their own burial grounds for the same reason.

The only thing they have lost due to this conversion is reservations and not the social stigma they originally envisioned.

6. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

The tabels have turned on converters. These missionary business is being exposed finally. Let's wait and see which way the wind blows.

7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Christianity and Islam are egalitarian religions compared to Hinduism so to say Dalit Christian or Dalit Muslim is an anachronism.

8. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Dalits comprise about 17% of the Indian population which means about 200-205 Million Dalits.

According to the NSSO survey 2004-5, Christian Dalits were estimated to be around 1.6% of the Indian population and Muslim Dalits around 0.6% or a total of 2.1% of the total Indian population. Among Dalits it comes to be around 7%, with 93% being Hindu(which includes Sikhs, Buddhists and Jains)

So applying this on population terms, you get around 19.5 million Dalit Christians and around 6-7 million Dalit Muslims. This is where they seem to be pulling the population numbers from.

Source is page 25 of the this NCM report which again pulls the data from the NSSO survey and the 2001 census

http://ncm.nic.in/pdf/report dalit reservation.pdf

Vishwarupa and parijataka like this.
  9. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

Egalitarian may sound like a great IDEAL to live up to. However, as they are evangelical they concept cannot be implemented in reality. Any new convert is looked down upon by the early adopters.

10. Ray

I find no reason why the Vatican should pay for the "collective Sins", whatever that is being implied.

It is a Sin to convert, not out of conviction, but because of allurement.

This type of stupidity give credence to the VHP view that the conversion are fraudulent!

11. Ray

If what you say about so called Dalit Christians (there is nothing like that in Christianity) having separate Churches, it is a disgrace. If the Church authorities have overlooked the same, then they are scoundrels and not true 'people of the cloth'.

Religion has been made a Joke!

The Church authorities should be arrested under the Atrocities to Scheduled Caste and Tribes Act. That will teach them a lesson that they richly deserve.

But the Govt is a wimpish lot and more interested in votes!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  12. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

They don't want to be put again in S.C. Reservations.They think it would promote castiesm in christianity.They say they accepted the religion for social equality but yet again church authority wants to put them in S.C. reservation.It clearly shows the "meelibhagat" between our beloved govt. and church authorities.
And about that separate church thing is disgusting.They should oppose it 1st...

13. lcatejas

lcatejas Regular Member

These people get converted in the name of money and good job .. but they are fooled .. its all number game .. to increase christian population in India nothing more than that .... Its kind of "AMYWAY" business for missionaries.....

14. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Ahh! Missionaries and the evil of organized religion in India is showing its true colors. Karma always gets them in the end.

These people were given the confidence of "equality" in christianity but ultimately they ended up being neither their former Hindu/Buddhist etc self nor they're treated like white Christians are. Feel sorry for them. As a lesson, they should return back to their older faith WHATEVER it was.

Vatican always had its scum agents here in India for "harvesting" us. This only proves my point.

Galaxy likes this.
  15. Ray

Notwithstanding, the so called Dalits stand exposed.

They are not sincere and instead is only griping to make a quick and a fast buck through emotional blackmail!

16. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Ray sir, with due respect to you, I would suggest you not to get impulsive and start blaming the Hindu organizations for the crimes of organized religion. Please remember this evil happens in our region as well which you may or may not be aware of. So I personally can tell you that there is nothing wrong in what they've said.

VHP may be an impulsive organization but the truth about conversions that they've exposed is 100% true. Many of our Buddhist organizations here have tried to expose it but the scum sold-out media will never do it for secularists dominate these circles. I humbly request you to research more on this evil. :namaste:

17. Ray

With due regards, read carefully and not find ulterior motives.

I am quite clear,

I am saying that this type of tomfoolery gives credence to the VHP that the conversions are fraudulent.

Credence means:

1. Acceptance as true or valid;
    2. Claim to acceptance; trustworthiness.

Therefore, this type of Christians prove that VHP is right!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  18. Ray

I am well aware of the realities.

I have seen them at close quarters.

The larger the conversion done, the greater is the funds funnelled in and that is not only for conversion. It helps leading a great life.

At the same time, I will say that fooling the people on religion (all religions) is big business and I have seen/ heard of these ways.

I am not against conversion, but I certainly am against religious tricks that fool the gullible and innocent.

I would be the last one to be 'emotional'.

I am very practical on all this and against everything that smells of fraud!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  19. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

this is increasing...almost every other day I have seen pamplets in hindi,marathi,gujrathi in hands of mumbai local commuters regarding christianity and something about judgement day and jesus is coming..