Dalit Activist behind Mass Conversion to Buddhism joins BJP

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Singh, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Noted Dalit Activist Udit Raj joins Bharatiya Janata Party

New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj Monday joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) here. Welcoming Udit Raj in the party, party president Rajnath Singh said the BJP believes that the last man on the ladder should be the first to be lifted out of poverty and claimed that economic and other disparities had increased under the Congress rule.

Udit Raj said there was “no achievement” of the United Progressive Alliance government when it came to improving the condition of Dalits and tribals.

He also said the Bahujan Samaj Party had done little to help expand opportunities for the Dalits in the government and the private sector.

Rajnath Singh said Udit Raj had been made a member of the party’s national executive.

BJP sources said Udit Raj may be fielded in the forthcoming Lok Sabha election. They said his joining the party ahead of elections would help the party expand its support among the weaker sections.

Noted Dalit Activist Udit Raj joins Bharatiya Janata Party | Biharprabha News

3. Singh

4. Singh

On his part, Udit Raj extolled Modi’s virtues and promised to join forces in the fight against “Bangladeshi infiltrators and Islamic terrorists”. “Jo kaam Congress ne das saal mein nahin kiya, voh Mananiya Narendra Modi ki badhti hui raftaar karegi (Narendra Modi’s growing clout will do what Congress has not done in 10 years),” Udit Raj said.

This is a long way off from his earlier avatar as a staunch anti-Hindutva campaigner who had organised a massive rally in Delhi’s Ambedkar Stadium after the Gujarat carnage in 2002.

Since then, Udit Raj has been consistently campaigning against the BJP and its affiliates in the Sangh Parivar.

“What worries the Sangh Parivar is not the welfare of Dalits but a possible reduction in upper-caste Hindu numbers. Their prejudice is so entrenched that they are not in a position to sense the agony of those who suffer under the caste-based system.

“In general, Hindu believers treat the disadvantaged as sinners reaping the fruits of a past life. Thus, a leper is to be shunned; the exploitation of Dalits is justified. On the contrary, a Christian finds an opportunity for spiritual fulfilment in serving the leper and healing the sick,” Raj Udit had said in a signed article on October 25, 2008.

The BJP is clearly chuffed to have caused the dramatic turnaround. “We do not consider anyone an untouchable. We do not recognise untouchability. Hindu religion is the supreme way of life,” said Rajnath Singh while welcoming Udit Raj.

BJP ropes in Dalit allies to up secular score | Business Line

5. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

@Singh So you mean BJP is not that much Hindu national after all. Because BJP did not highlight his conversion activities, you did.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  6. Singh

When it comes to opportunism, everything be damned.

I hope to see Christian evangelicals, and Muslim tablighis join BJP too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Energon and nirranj like this.
  7. Bodhi

Bodhi Tihar Jail Banned

With Udit Raj and Paswan behind Modi, my vote is for NaMo

Singh likes this.
  8. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Guess that's realpolitik, but really Paswan is not an ally that somebody would like to include.

Namo has erred by including Paswan as regards to Udit Raj see conversion to Buddhism is alright :)

9. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Aww ! So you want BJP to become a communal party ? That too just to support AAP ? How communal ! BJP is a save Hindutva party and not a kill minorities party.

10. Singh

BJP is already a communal party as they espouse Hindutva ideology.

However, BJP showed that it can sidestep Hindutva, for opportunism. They inducted, an individual who has converted lakhs of Dalits from Hinduism to Buddhism.

Support for AAP doesn't even enter the picture.

11. A chauhan

If saving Hindutva is communalism for you then congrats. You forgot the day when Kejriwal meet Tauqeer Raza?
    So what ? BJP wants to save Hindutva not to kill minorities. AAP also took Congress's support to form govt in Delhi that is called opportunism. AAP kare to raas leela BJP kare to...
    If I am not wrong you are an AAP member ? You are busy in opening anti-BJP threads from last 2 months :rolleyes:

sydsnyper and ubuntu like this.
  12. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

You need to first understand what Hindutva is...do not misunderstand hindutva for hinduism.

Hindutva | Vinayak Damodar Savarkar

13. Singh

Hindutva is a communal ideology.Anyone who practices it, follows it, or espouses it, is communal.

There is nothing illegal about being communal.

==
    So ?

==
    BJP espouses Hindutva. The questing of killing minorities doesn't even arise.

AAP formed a minority Govt.

You are wrong as usual. Nope.

On this forum, you are free to post as many anti-AAP tirades as you want.

THIS FORUM WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY INDIAN BECAUSE OF HIS/HER PREFERENCE FOR A PARTICULAR POLITICAL PARTY.

Energon likes this.
  14. Singh

Yes, Hinduism is not Hindutva.

And I can honestly say I have read way too much conflicting information about Hindutva from its followers. And I must confess, I am a liberal, and I completely support Indian constitutional ethos.

However, my point still stands. BJP is indulging in opportunism, against its Hindutva ideology, from what I understand.

Energon likes this.
  15. A chauhan

Hindutva means Hindu-ness. We have debated hundred of times on that. When I first heard the term "Hindutva" I even didn't know who Savarkar was. I too have said that being communal is not illegal.

It was Kejri's ploy to attract Muslim voters by having meeting with a Tauqeer.

I said "saving Hindutva", being communal isn't illegal so BJP isn't wrong when talking about Hindus or Hindutva . Further taking a Buddhist supporter in the party is a welcome step by BJP, don't you espouse the secularism?
    What is a minority govt and which article of the constitution deals with it ?:confused: As far as I know no govt can be formed without support (internal or external).

Ouchh! I didn't know that you are not an AAP member just a supporter, hence I am usually wrong. People who oppose AAP are usually wrong :troll:

I do post against all the parties and not AAP alone.

16. Singh

Another new definition of Hindutva !!! :scared2:

==

Ram Raj was a RSS dude. He left RSS converted to Buddhism.
    Also Converted lakhs of Hindu dalits into Buddhism.
    But has been welcomed to the party that help them win elections.
    This is opportunism.

Modi attending conclaves, is a smart political ploy.

==
    Tomorrow, if you start praising non-Hindus, then I will point it out.

===
    If there is a 20 member assembly, and 8 people of 1 party form a Govt, 7 people of 1 party abstain, and 5 people of 1 party oppose, and then 8 member party forms a minority Govt.

AAP formed a minority Govt. They tried to table JLP, but their motion was defeated. The only thing they can do was to either shelve legislation or resign. Obviously JLP was the cornerstone of their raison d'etre and they chose to resign.

===

Am I wrong because I support AAP ?
    Or am I wrong because I don't support corruption, cronyism, communalism etc. ?

I don't mind supporting any other party which can deliver me deliverance from corruption, cronyism, communalism. Do you know any of any party that can deliver it, or has any credibility ?

I don't think so.

Ok.

Energon likes this.
  17. A chauhan

:yawn: tired!