Dalai Lama asks China to learn from India

t_co

First thing tell me a nation that ask her citizens that would they want to join or create a new nation? as for example are you ever asked if you would like to join a xyz nation?
Scottish independence referendum, 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quebec referendum, 1995 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Western Australian secession referendum, 1933 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, there is a good question as to whether these referenda should be allowed. I will let you answer that question yourself.

You have a wrong assumption of an assumed conspiracy theory about IB/RAW etc. Why would Indians like to join a China :lol:
First, you presume I am speaking of Indians. I'm not. I speak on behalf of those Assamese who don't identify themselves as such - of which there are a substantial portion.

Second, without allowing an independent poll to ask if those Assamese would rather join China, how do you ever know they would? Are you against the existence of those polls as well?

We have free media here, tell me something considerably taken for granted for an assumption that mainstream people want to join a China or something like that, please do not mention those separatist groups infamous struggles they are unpopular and a few.
You want me to mention something that makes people want to join China, but do not allow me to mention the separatist groups that have demonstrated with their own blood that they want to join China? That's like asking me to a boxing match but not allowing me to punch you. It doesn't make sense.

Eastman

Country flag
Partition happened, India and Pakistan got created to but its not the nation which asks but the above links are rather it is the democracy where people are get heard.

First, you presume I am speaking of Indians. I'm not. I speak on behalf of those Assamese who don't identify themselves as such - of which there are a substantial portion.
what do you mean by substantial portion? People celebrate Independence day and Republic day, private functions and ceremony happens no necessary government supervision, vehicles get decorate in tri colour. I dont see people revoke Indian Independence day other then maybe a few of the separatist mindset.

Second, without allowing an independent poll to ask if those Assamese would rather join China, how do you ever know they would? Are you against the existence of those polls as well?
I repeat why would an Indian want to join a China. let me put it simple, in a democracy people are get heard, the state is not asked by Assam for any interest in joining China. And even after that if you suggest a ""ask" poll it will be a clear insult for the Assamese people to offer a foreign and an Alien nation.

You want me to mention something that makes people want to join China, but do not allow me to mention the separatist groups that have demonstrated with their own blood that they want to join China? That's like asking me to a boxing match but not allowing me to punch you. It doesn't make sense.
A group of people do not represent the whole, enuff said. Get something bigger.

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Ready to go back to Tibet but China not allowing me: Dalai Lama - The Times of India

SHILLONG: The Dalai Lama on Wednesday said he was ready to go back to Tibet but the Chinese government is not allowing him to do so. "I am ready to go back to Tibet. It's my home. But the Chinese government does not allow me," the Dalai Lama said. The Tibetan spiritual leader was addressing the media at the Pine Wood Hotel here on Wednesday.

The Tibetan spiritual leader claimed that 99 per cent of the Tibetans, besides "some Chinese", want him to go back to Tibet. "But if I return, a demon's place will be prison. So, if I return, it will not be of much use. If I return (to Tibet) I will be relaxed in prison with no work and it will be a waste of time," the witty spiritual leader said, when asked if and when he desired to go back to his homeland.

"However, things are changing and in the next few years, the situation may be different," he said.

He went on to say that the present Chinese president is "courageously" fighting corruption and "seeking the truth from fact".

Expressing hope that in the "next few years" he would return to his homeland, the Dalai Lama said, "Nobody knows when I will return. I know 99 per cent of the people in Tibet are waiting for me... I am ready ... It's my home."

The Dalai Lama, who has made India his home for almost 55 years now, went on to iterate that India is a "very nice country". He praised the fact that India is multi-religious, multi-linguistic and still one nation and said Indian Muslims are "much safer" in India than in Islamic countries. He, however, cautioned against complacency, saying, "Freedom must be combined with a sense of responsibility."

He heaped praises on the diverse religious culture of India and its philosophy of ahimsa. "People must be educated on ahimsa," he said, elaborating that not only killings, but exploitation in the spheres of economy, politics and family life also amounted to violence. The spiritual leader was all praise for the scenic beauty of Shillong and the clear skies over it even as he complained about the cold weather.

aerokan

Country flag
Scottish independence referendum, 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quebec referendum, 1995 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Western Australian secession referendum, 1933 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, there is a good question as to whether these referenda should be allowed. I will let you answer that question yourself.

Sure bro!! We will ask our brethen in a referendum if they want to join China. For that we would need an officially declared map of China to vote for. Can Chinese govt produce an official map which is not gonna change every 5 to 10 years based on the whims of the Chinese premier? Feel free to claim all of India if you feel so, but please make sure it is officially published and the claims unchanged. Afterall, we would want our brothers to make an informed decision whether to join China or not. :namaste:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles