CWG probe: Shunglu Committee powerless?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Dec 18, 2010.

  1. Ray

    Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

    Apr 17, 2009
    Likes Received:
    The Committee has no power.

    The PMO admits the same.

    Why have such committees that are toothless who cannot even be guaranteed the cooperation of those involved in the scam.

    If the culprits have to be saved, then they should be saved and the Govt be ready to defend their action.

    Why have this farce, more so, when documents incriminate them?
  3. sob

    sob Moderator Moderator

    May 4, 2009
    Likes Received:
    New Delhi
    Sir, the people of the country are not naive. Everyone knows that the story does not end with Suresh Kalmadi, the tentacles run very deep. It is to protect these people ,not Kalmadi, that such toothless committees are formed. AS it is with the 2G scam attention has been diverted from the CWG scam.
  4. anoop_mig25

    anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

    Aug 17, 2009
    Likes Received:
    ^^^ very true what d u think has all the loot has been consumed by kalamdi and co only . it has been consumed by party which expects its every member to pitch in/ provides resources to party and party in turn helps us to protect form every enquiry. its face wash for people of india . in very next election one can see kalamdi again contesting form pune loksabhha seat
  5. SHASH2K2

    SHASH2K2 New Member

    May 10, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Bihar, BanGalore , India

    Key aide of Suresh Kalmadi, former OC joint director general TS Darbari has got bail from the Delhi High Court on Friday. The reason cited for giving bail was that the CBI failed to submit chargesheet against Darbari citing no evidence. A senior CBI official said, "The two were arrested on November 15 after registration of the case. We are not yet ready with the chargesheet as there are several loose ends in the investigation. We are seeking legal opinion to arrest the duo in the second case."
    On December 22, 2010, the Delhi High Court asked CBI to reply on a bail application filed by T S Darbari and former treasurer M Jayachandran of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, accused in financial irregularities in Queen's Baton Relay case.

    Justice Hima Kohli issued a notice to CBI and sought their reply by January 11, 2011.

    Darbari and Jayachandran, who are in judicial custody, told the court that CBI no longer needs them for any other interrogation. Therefore, they should be released on bail.

    The duo said that they were innocent in the matter as no contract during the CWG was awarded on their own. No contract was finalised single-handedly as it was the decision of a high-powered committee.

    Darbari and another official Sanjay Mahendroo were arrested on November 15 while Jayachandran is in custody since November 21.

    Mahendroo has so far not filed the bail application.

    Darbari and Jayachandran are facing charges of causing losses to the exchequer in award of contract to the tune of Rs 1.55 crore with regard to QBR in London before the sporting event.

    However, the agency is planning to arrest them on the basis of a second FIR registered in connection with the installations of video screens during the Queen's Baton relay in 2009.

    The first FIR relates to awarding the contract to AM Films and forging two e-mails. The two along with M Jeychandran, finance head of the OC, have been booked in the first case.

Share This Page