CRPF Jawan Who Lost A Brother In Sukma Attack Slams Rajnath Singh on Facebook

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A CRPF finally broke silence and vented his anger on the Govt. after the Sukma attack on CRPF jawans. The jawan, Pankaj Mishra, is posted in the 221 battalion of CRPF, stationed at Durgapur in West Bengal. He is the latest to join the list of men in uniform venting out against the government apathy after Tej Bahadur and several other jawans.

Pankaj warns every one that if we cannot save our soldiers, there will be a time when everyone of us will pay for this, i.e. there will be no one to protect us. He goes on to say that all these jawans gave security to Rajnath Singh and Amit Shah and all the other top leaders of BJP. He said that if the jawans wouldn’t have protected those leaders, they wouldn’t be able to come safe from those areas.

He said that all the jawans voted for modi and Rajnath Singh is spoiling the name of Modi. He said that the minister should not go and meet the soldiers. Instead, they should send 10-15 battalions to finish the naxals. That’s only thing that can boost the morale of the CRPF right now. According to him, it his high time that we go and speak to the soldiers of the things they face on daily basis living and fighting against the naxals. He said that it is important that the people should focus on finishing the naxals completely.

It is important that government acts now because all the naxal activities have reached to a unbearable height and if they are not stopped now, more jawans can lose their lives.

sthf

Country flag
Ninda turtle needs to go. A better, more capable leader is needed here.

Few months back I had a good chat with an Asst. Commandant friend of mine who just returned from Bastar.

Two points I'd like to reiterate from that conversation.

1) Maoists are on back foot post demonetization. Now is the time to wipe them off.
2) CAPFs are not even close to Greyhounds in terms of effectiveness.

Akshay_Fenix

Are the civilians supposed to save soldiers or soldiers supposed to save civilians?

ghost

Few months back I had a good chat with an Asst. Commandant friend of mine who just returned from Bastar.

1) Maoists are on back foot post demonetization. Now is the time to wipe them off.
We need military defeat of Maoist everything else development,political reconciliation,employment,taking care of grievances should follow after that.

By military defeat I mean elimination of all the Maoist top leadership and hardcore fighters.For it we need strong government will and planning and preparation to achieve this followed by time bound execution.Srilanka had also drag its feet on LTTE for long time until they decided that this need to STOP ,rest is history.

Government has the attitude of " Yeh ho hi jayega " ( this will happen eventually) but we need " Yeh hona hi hoga" ( This has to happen ).

sthf

Country flag
@ghost I disagree. Militarily defeating an insurgency is next to impossible. If a 30 nation coalition in Astan & 20 nation coalition in Yemen or Syria couldn't pull it off, we certainly can't do it.

You are talking about 6000 people who spent their life time hiding in the jungles the size of France + Germany + Spain put together. Sri Lankan model doesn't work here.

Two things come to my mind in disagreement/agreement with you.

1) Psyops - Positive as well as negative.
2) Spec ops - Targeting of leadership, with the help of technology and not cannon fodder in terms of numbers.

ghost

@ghost I disagree. Militarily defeating an insurgency is next to impossible. If a 30 nation coalition in Astan & 20 nation coalition in Yemen or Syria couldn't pull it off, we certainly can't do it.

You are talking about 6000 people who spent their life time hiding in the jungles the size of France + Germany + Spain put together. Sri Lankan model doesn't work here.

Two things come to my mind in disagreement/agreement with you.

1) Psyops - Positive as well as negative.
2) Spec ops - Targeting of leadership, with the help of technology and not cannon fodder in terms of numbers.
I have given Srilankan example in term of government will and planned approach.As I have said by military defeat I mean target killing of their top leadership and hardcore fighters. This is possible by hunter mission dedicated to tracking and eliminating them.

aditya g

Country flag
There is a perception that Rajnath Singh is ineffectual or in simple words is unable to manage the situation in either J&K or Naxal areas. However, we know his heart is in right place - there is comfort from having a nationalist at that position. He also has assistance from Kiren Rijiju who also has right image. Compare that to the Home Ministers in UPA government.

AP Greyhounds have a very good image on handling Naxals. At the same time, CRPF does not have a good image. BSF and ITBP are also well regarded. Whether truth or not, the perception still holds and CRPF needs to do something about it.

sthf

Country flag
I have given Srilankan example in term of government will and planned approach.As I have said by military defeat I mean target killing of their top leadership and hardcore fighters. This is possible by hunter mission dedicated to tracking and eliminating them.
Dude, Sri Lankan "approach" got thousand of Tamil civilians butchered by both sides who were trapped in a small area. That is the worst possible thing to do and down right unfeasible. Can't bomb our own citizens.

If you want to pick something from Sri Lanka, pick up this.

Unlike the platoon or even company size special units that COBRA & Greyhounds use.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
There is a perception that Rajnath Singh is ineffectual or in simple words is unable to manage the situation in either J&K or Naxal areas. However, we know his heart is in right place - there is comfort from having a nationalist at that position. He also has assistance from Kiren Rijiju who also has right image. Compare that to the Home Ministers in UPA government.

AP Greyhounds have a very good image on handling Naxals. At the same time, CRPF does not have a good image. BSF and ITBP are also well regarded. Whether truth or not, the perception still holds and CRPF needs to do something about it.
Stop blaming CRPF here. There might be 10000 problems with CRPF, but in such times political message needs to be sent.

"Kadi Ninda" does not count as political message.

sthf

Country flag
@aditya g Ninda mama is being rightly criticized. AFAIK, not a single major step had been taken by him. UPA started Op green hunt after Dantevada and raised CoBRA. What has he done in 3 years. His intentions are no consolation to the widows nor are the Maoists losing their sleep over "kadi ninda" or "munh tod jawab".

These incidents also occured during UPA and were roundly criticized. Lets not indulge in double standard.

Akshay_Fenix

K Vijay Kumar will be looking after naxal operations in chattisgarh from now on.

sthf

Country flag
I'd like to share another coversation I had with a subedar(retd). A combat veteran of Assam Rifles, later joined Jharkhand police.

In the late 2000s, he along with two dozen cops were patrolling a road stretch in JH. Two school girls passed them with phones in their hands. He got suspicious & told the officer in charge that maybe an ambush is waiting for them, so they should halt and form a perimeter and ask for reinforcement. The officer laughed it off.

It was an ambush. Many were killed, a lot were wounded. Subedar & another Army veteran were the only two who had COIN training and knew what they were doing.

Not much has changed since then.

ghost

@sthf you have misunderstood my post.When I say planned approach ,I am talking about their leadership who have set a clear cut objective then plan ,equipped and trained accordingly .Of Course tactically our situation is different from Sri Lanka .

Cobra was formed to carry out exact same mission as LRP but then on ground their implementation has been reduced to an Infantry.

Last edited:

Tony HMG

Country flag
I don't understand the reason why jumla modi is persisting with kadi ninda Singh and Arjun chutyalee. Soldiers might have expected that this government would give them freedom to eliminate this naxalite and Kashmir pork issues.But it is confirmed that bjp will follow nehruvian policy of getting self destructed.

sthf

Country flag
@ghost My bad. But I'd agree on the CoBRA part. It is the policy maker's obsession with the size that spelled the doom of that effort. Overcompensating morons. Who the fuck raises a "special unit" of 10,000 from the ground up.

A "special unit" that does not has special training, special equipment, special rights or special facilities.

Such special much wow.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Didn't we have the same discussion last year, with same view points.

I guess nothing has changed.
Nothing changes as long as posters keep frothing at each other and focus on entirely different things.

If our leaders lack political will to make hard decisions, who is to blame?

Last time I checked, we are living in democracy.

India is ripe for another Kajriwal. This time agencies will be much careful and install some serious guy. Then posters here can complain all day and night about the situation in the country.

aditya g

Country flag
Stop blaming CRPF here. There might be 10000 problems with CRPF, but in such times political message needs to be sent.

"Kadi Ninda" does not count as political message.
What political message you are looking for? Rajnath to dress up as commando and parachute into bastar with ammo belts on his chest and GPMG as weapon. And why shouldnt we blame CRPF if the force gets into the same situation every 6 months? Reverses and setbacks are part and parcel, however, going by trends the question mark on their effectiveness is bound to come up.

J&K was in terrible shape in 80s/90s when BSF was brought in. Till such time BSF was there the situ was in much better control.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What political message you are looking for? Rajnath to dress up as commando and parachute into bastar with ammo belts on his chest and GPMG as weapon. And why shouldnt we blame CRPF if the force gets into the same situation every 6 months? Reverses and setbacks are part and parcel, however, going by trends the question mark on their effectiveness is bound to come up.

J&K was in terrible shape in 80s/90s when BSF was brought in. Till such time BSF was there the situ was in much better control.
Yes. Lets send him there if that is the way to get rid of him.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles