Crisis in Tibet - Opression and Human rights violations by China

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
The development in China does not supports Tibet anyhow.As China just wants to grab more land of the neighbor countries.Human rights means nothing for this nation.China believes in only one thing money and economic development and just try to play strategically with the neighbor countries like with India ,they just want Arunachal pradesh.But they doesn't know that we will not repeat 1965.Its 21 century and we are on our way to become superpower.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Breaking: Reports of another self-immolation in Tibet
Phayul[Monday, August 06, 2012 20:28]
DHARAMSHALA, August 6: There are reports of yet another self-immolation protest in Tibet as the fiery wave continues to burn across the Tibetan plateau.

Various sources in exile are confirming today's self-immolation protest by a Tibetan in the beleaguered Ngaba region of eastern Tibet.

As of now, there are no details available on the identity of the self-immolator.

Talking to Phayul, Kanyag Tsering, a researcher at the exile base of Kirti Monastery in Dharamshala confirmed the reports.

"Yes, there was another self-immolation protest in Ngaba today but as of now we have very little details," Tsering said.

Another monk in south India who has close contacts in the region, while confirming today's self-immolation protest, said that all communication lines in the region have stopped working.

"According to the information that I have received, a Tibetan woman set herself on fire today in Ngaba," Ghangri told Phayul. "But as of now it is impossible to get in touch with people in the region as all communication lines are not working."

London based rights group, Free Tibet, also reported on today's self-immolation protest but noted that the self-immolator was male.

"A man set fire to himself in Ngaba Town, Eastern Tibet at 5:30pm local time today," Free Tibet said in a release. "According to an eyewitness, Chinese state security personnel quickly extinguished the flames at the scene on the main road in Ngaba. Locals now refer to this street as Martyr's Street because of the number of self-immolations that have been carried out here."

"The man who set fire to himself today was reported to be still alive, his upper body badly injured, when security personnel drove him away in a vehicle."

With today's self-immolation protest, 46 Tibetans have now set themselves on fire, since 2009, demanding freedom in Tibet and the return of the Dalai Lama from exile.

The United States last month blamed the Chinese government for the self-immolations in Tibet in an annual report on religious freedom.

"Official interference in the practice of these religious traditions exacerbated grievances and contributed to at least 12 self-immolations by Tibetans in 2011," the US State Department said in its annual International Religious Freedom Report.

The elected head of the Tibetan people, Kalon Tripa Dr Lobsang Sangay has called the self-immolations "political action" and blamed China's failed policies in Tibet - founded on "political oppression, social marginalisation, cultural assimilation and environmental destruction" - as root causes of the protests.

"To understand these acts, it is crucial to know that within China, there is no room for freedom of speech and conventional forms of protest. A participant in a simple demonstration runs a high risk of arrest, torture and even death," Dr Sangay had said.

http://www.phayul.com/news/article....+of+another+self-immolation+in+Tibet&id=31849
Does prove that the Tibetans love the Han Chinese and the wonderful work done by the Communists Party of China.

Om Shanti

Complete rubbish, pulled out of an angst filled Chini teenagers scrawny yellow backside...

BTW try calling a Sikh a weakling/ coward to his face, your hands will be dislocated and shoved up your rear end...

The Chinese won 1962 simply because they realised India's cluless elites had abandoned her Himalayan defences, by the time they reacted it was too late..

Today Beijing will be simply be turned into a giant glass bowl....
I am not Saying Sikh are/were coward but In that war they were overran by Chinese, Gurkha also suffer many casulties when flank cover Sikh was Overran i.e Chinese cross the river the sikh regiment were guarding and surround the Gurkha regiment . Living proof is my Grand Father who was shot in backside of head and stomach but luckily he is alive today but goes insane after every 2-3 hour of normal life. According to him , failure was
1.Surprise attack
2.Lack of co-ordination among Regiments.Sikh refused to share ammo with Gurkha regiment and was later overran.
3.Mainly Lack of Balls of INDIAN officer, Soldiers were given retreat order, some order didn't reach forward in time platoon of both Gurkha and Sikh regiment and they were isolated.My Grand Father Havaldar Major was in forward line when these happen.He was lucky to have good colleague who carried him.
4.No re-enforcement in time.Lack of food and ammo.
5.Mainly Lack of Leadership not in front line but in pencil pushers.

Hadoken

let me give my 2 cents here. Whats happening in Tibet unfortunately is no different to whats happening in Sikkim , Assam, Darjeeling and to a certain degree Kashmir. You basically have 2 big bullies who have taken over foreign lands at gun pointed and have appointed themselves as the care takers of the locals. Keep in mind that the locals of these regions mentioned heavily oppose the influence of the oppressors. This is a scope from a 3rd party without any bias.

Prove me wrong, how is India any different to China in these matters?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
let me give my 2 cents here. Whats happening in Tibet unfortunately is no different to whats happening in Sikkim , Assam, Darjeeling and to a certain degree Kashmir. You basically have 2 big bullies who have taken over foreign lands at gun pointed and have appointed themselves as the care takers of the locals. Keep in mind that the locals of these regions mentioned heavily oppose the influence of the oppressors. This is a scope from a 3rd party without any bias.

Oh, India is different because all of these states elect their own government and participate in General Elections.

Also, lol @ Assam and Darjeeling. Troll harder.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

I would say India today is what it had at the time British quit, except for Goa. China annexed Tibet in 1959. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hadoken

So I am a troll for giving you an opinion which does not mirror yours?
While each state does have the ability to pick its own government, consider this:
1. The change in demographics of those states have made it so that the locals will never have their own needs fulfilled
2. Even if they were to have their own government, the central government would NEVER allow seperation from India.

3. Assam, Darjeeling was never part of India, The British annaxed it for you and decided it to gift it as a parting gift. You dont ofcourse think any non-islamic community in south asia automatically belongs to India do you?

I just see vast similarities between India and China. Now tell me why you disagree without accusing me of trolling.

CCP

I would say India today is what it had at the time British quit, except for Goa. China annexed Tibet in 1959. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You should look at your old maps before you made that conclusion.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
You should look at your old maps before you made that conclusion.
"For several years the Tibetan Government remained in place in the areas of Tibet where it had ruled prior to the outbreak of hostilities, except for the area surrounding Qamdo that was occupied by the PLA in 1950, which was placed under the authority of the Qamdo Liberation Committee and outside the Tibetan Government's control." Shakaya, 1999.

I have not found the link to that source.

Perhaps you have a map source.

CCP

"For several years the Tibetan Government remained in place in the areas of Tibet where it had ruled prior to the outbreak of hostilities, except for the area surrounding Qamdo that was occupied by the PLA in 1950, which was placed under the authority of the Qamdo Liberation Committee and outside the Tibetan Government's control." Shakaya, 1999.

I have not found the link to that source.

Perhaps you have a map source.

Global Defence

Articles