Crisis in Tibet - Opression and Human rights violations by China

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Thanks for the support and sharing your thoughts you guys!

I'll have to write more about my opinion tonight when I get back from work!

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Picture somehow shows very small so mind as forget about it....

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Cultural identity crisis? I'm not so worried about this. Here is US we take very good care of our cultural and religion. So I'm not too worried about this. And by the way, I'm more happy that we Tibetans have been EXPOSED to the world.:D
He's funny asking the girl if she wants to go back to Tibet. he he he
By the way His Holiness's own nephew is married to Taiwanese Chinese.

Rage

DFI TEAM
One of the top stories on the BBC today...

Tibetan people 'put through hell'

14:14 GMT, Tuesday, 10 March 2009

The Dalai Lama has launched a fierce attack on Chinese rule in his Tibetan homeland, saying his people have experienced "hell on Earth".

Five decades of Chinese rule have caused "untold suffering", Tibet's exiled spiritual leader said, accusing Beijing of creating a climate of fear.

He also repeated his demand for Tibet's "legitimate and meaningful autonomy".

China dismissed the Dalai Lama's attack as a lie and insisted its rule had benefited Tibetans.

The Dalai Lama's speech, in Dharmsala, India, came on the 50th anniversary of a failed Tibetan uprising against Beijing.

The BBC's James Reynolds says that the Dalai Lama's words were different from his usual peaceful comments.

This is perhaps a sign of the exasperation and frustration he must feel over China's stance, our correspondent says.

China says its troops freed Tibetans from effective slavery in a feudal society. It is planning to mark 28 March - the day in 1959 on which the Communist Party dissolved the existing local government in Tibet - as Serfs' Emancipation Day.

'Expected sabotage'

"The Dalai Lama clique is confusing right and wrong," said Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu.

"They are spreading rumours. The democratic reforms [under Chinese rule] are the widest and most profound reforms in Tibetan history."

On Monday, President Hu Jintao called for a "Great Wall" against Tibetan separatism.

Thousands of Chinese troops and paramilitary police are said to have been deployed in Tibetan-populated regions amid fears of fresh violence on the sensitive anniversary.

Campaign groups have already reported some unrest in areas around Tibet. China does not allow foreign journalists unrestricted access to Tibet or restive areas surrounding it, making it extremely difficult to verify these reports.

Beijing says it has tightened its border controls in preparation for "expected sabotage activities by the Dalai Lama clique".

But there have been demonstrations around the Asia-Pacific region.

Four people were arrested in clashes with police outside the Chinese embassy in the Australian capital Canberra but later released.

In Nepal about 100 Tibetan exiles were blocked by police outside Kathmandu, as the government imposed a ban on protests outside the Chinese embassy, AFP news agency reports.

'Mutual benefit'

In Dharmsala, crowds waved Tibetan flags as bands marched by and there were also solemn moments of prayer and meditation.

The Dalai Lama said hundreds of thousands of Tibetans had been killed and thousands of places of worship destroyed over the years.

But the two sides needed to work for "mutual benefit".

"We Tibetans are looking for legitimate and meaningful autonomy, an arrangement that would enable Tibetans to live within the framework of the People's Republic of China," the exiled leader said.

"I have no doubt that the justice of Tibet's cause will prevail."

The Dalai Lama paid tribute to all those who had died since 1959, including victims of last year's deadly protests in Lhasa that spilled over into other ethnic Tibetan regions.

Successive Chinese campaigns - class struggle, the Cultural Revolution and "patriotic re-education" - had "thrust Tibetans into such depths of suffering and hardship that they literally experienced hell on earth", he said.

"Even today Tibetans in Tibet live in constant fear and the Chinese authorities remain constantly suspicious of them."

Tibet's religion, culture, language and identity were "nearing extinction", he said, and Chinese development was devastating the Tibetan environment and way of life.

"Many infrastructural developments... which seem to have brought progress to Tibetan areas were really done with the political objective of Sinicising Tibet," he added.

China has always denied any mass killings of Tibetans.

Referring to his "Middle Way approach" - offering to accept Chinese sovereignty in Tibet in return for genuine autonomy - the 73-year-old leader expressed disappointment that China had "not responded appropriately to our sincere efforts".

But he said the two sides should "look to the future and work for our mutual benefit".

"Fulfilling the aspirations of the Tibetan people will enable China to achieve stability and unity," he added.

After the Dalai Lama's speech, thousands of young Tibetans took to the streets of Dharmsala chanting "China out" and "Tibet belongs to Tibetans".

The latest round of stop-start talks with Beijing last November concluded with China condemning the Tibetans' proposals as a bid for "disguised independence".

In a separate statement, the Tibetan government-in-exile pledged to continue to push the "Middle Way approach" but said the continuation of contact depended solely on China.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7933207.stm

yang

Dalai who lied everyone in the world,but the truth will be exposed someday

Hi,friends,I think you were all tricked by Dalai.I know you are all integrity people,who have great ambition,and are confident in your own country as well as your intelligent people,and I am just similar as all of you,want to do something worthwhile to build a more wonderful world for all the people not only the people in our homecountry.You said the government in
China isn't good,and it violating its people's human rights.Fist,it is just in China,and we didn't disturb anyone else in the other country;But the United States has built many military bases all over the world, where it has stationed hundreds of thousands of troops, violating human rights everywhere in the world.Second,'human right'is a Western conception,I know we may have only one child as a person of Han(the minority didn't rulled by the "one family one child" principle,the people in the village can have two children),but we all feel not bad,most of us can only afford to cultivate one child,and thus,we can live a better life,although it may bring a lot of other trouble as every family will want a son,and China has 20million men who may not have a wife.If you look at the map,you may see that the fields fit people live is limited.Third,Dalai is a great liar,the truth you may surf the Inernet http://www.dalai-liar.com/
Because I was so tired to tell the truth,and you may not belive me ,you may see me as a brainwash people.Oh,time is up.see you next time.....

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Hi,friends,I think you were all tricked by Dalai.I know you are all integrity people,who have great ambition,and are confident in your own country as well as your intelligent people,and I am just similar as all of you,want to do something worthwhile to build a more wonderful world for all the people not only the people in our homecountry.You said the government in
China isn't good,and it violating its people's human rights.Fist,it is just in China,and we didn't disturb anyone else in the other country;But the United States has built many military bases all over the world, where it has stationed hundreds of thousands of troops, violating human rights everywhere in the world.Second,'human right'is a Western conception,I know we may have only one child as a person of Han(the minority didn't rulled by the "one family one child" principle,the people in the village can have two children),but we all feel not bad,most of us can only afford to cultivate one child,and thus,we can live a better life,although it may bring a lot of other trouble as every family will want a son,and China has 20million men who may not have a wife.If you look at the map,you may see that the fields fit people live is limited.Third,Dalai is a great liar,the truth you may surf the Inernet http://www.dalai-liar.com/
Because I was so tired to tell the truth,and you may not belive me ,you may see me as a brainwash people.Oh,time is up.see you next time.....
Thank you for the very refreshing view from the other side Mr. Yang. We look forward to more such refreshing posts from you... Thank you very much...

Rage

DFI TEAM
Welcome yang >:D< Please do introduce yourself in the Members' Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Third,Dalai is a great liar,the truth you may surf the Inernet http://www.dalai-liar.com/
Nihao Yang,

We Indians feel immense pride in housing His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Tibetans. We don't take kindly to unnecessary insults esp when it is directed at our esteemed guests nor at those whom we revere. At the same time, we in India and at DFI do not believe in suppressing freedom to speak and express one's views, though we expect the same to be in a tone that is within a certain code of conduct.

I suggest to you my chinese friend that you bring authentic proof of His Holiness's "lies" rather than posting propaganda sites or videos and try to promote a healthy discussion on the said topic. Be warned though, mere insults or negative views not backed up. maligning, His Holiness or the Tibetans will invite swift retribution.

Regards.

yang

Thank you

This is the first time to entre the forum,I can't say more to thank you,for your welcome greetings.I think people have different viewpoints is not a bad thing,because we come from different country ,we grow up in different society with different background,we see things from different angle,as you may search news through Google,but I prefer Baidu,it don't has any right or wrong,you use English more often,but I get used to Chinese,and we do things in different way.You take the point of view that the Chinese government don't treat their people well,but do you doubt the western media that why people are so grateful of the government,why we can reach a higher economic growth rate,are the people in Tibet really suffering a cruel life,did they see it ,if they see that ,then,why they use the photo shows that the Nepal sodier fight the lamma as the evidence of the Chinese policeman treat the Tibetian unfair.Why?

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
This is the first time to entre the forum,I can't say more to thank you,for your welcome greetings.I think people have different viewpoints is not a bad thing,because we come from different country ,we grow up in different society with different background,we see things from different angle,as you may search news through Google,but I prefer Baidu,it don't has any right or wrong,you use English more often,but I get used to Chinese,and we do things in different way.You take the point of view that the Chinese government don't treat their people well,but do you doubt the western media that why people are so grateful of the government,why we can reach a higher economic growth rate,are the people in Tibet really suffering a cruel life,did they see it ,if they see that ,then,why they use the photo shows that the Nepal sodier fight the lamma as the evidence of the Chinese policeman treat the Tibetian unfair.Why?
Oh, a Nepali soldier fighting a Lama was used as proof to show that Chinese were mistreating the Tibetans ??? My God !!! I didn't know that the Western media could be so biased and spread false rumours about your great country...

I feel terribly sympathetic to you now...

Those Western Media Liars !!!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Yang, Feel free to post your feelings and thoughts on the tibet Issue, No one will stop you from doing so, and you have Every right to do so. But, What you post must have Relevance and Authenticity, If not, it will be deemed Propaganda. Hope You understood what we are trying to say. Once again, Welcome and Do make an Introduction thread to Introduce yourself Properly. God Speed

yang

help

I have some Screenshots ,but I don't know how to post them on the forum,I try to post by puting them into my album at first,then print them on the board,but I even can't put them into album.

A.V.

all points not related to tibet in any way will be deleted.
please move offtopic discussions to the general talk or chatbox.

NO MORE OFFTOPIC POSTS.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Typical Chinese Mentality.......didn't surprise me at all!

OMG! Are you ok? Do you think westerners are that stupid not to know the difference btw nepali solder and chinese soldier? 1st of all, their uniforms are totally different. 2nd of all protest took place every where around the world and every police that were responsible of that country/cities were making sure that both the nation and the protesters are in safe position. But only Nepali and Chinese police were the once who are beating the protester to shiiiiit. And we have pictures of both of countries police man beating the little children, old mother, old nuns and monks, lamas to death on every news papar. Please just don't blame on nepal or nepali. You know that your CCP paid Nepalese to beat our people to death. And we all know that you raised them like a dog! So its not just your dog that's beating the lamas it's also your country man as well. When you are finger pointing at someone remember you are also pointing all the rest four fingers at yourself as well.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
I'm in middle of my work right now but I'll be back~!
Yang nice to have you here! If you say anything against
His Holiness I'm not going to spare you this easy. So I got
catch up with you in while. Be ready!!!!!

Flint

OMG! Are you ok? Do you think westerners are that stupid not to know the difference btw nepali solder and chinese soldier? 1st of all, their uniforms are totally different..
IF he is referring to a certain picture that was published by a media agency (don't remember which one) which mistook the Nepal police for Chinese police, then he's right. There was such an incident, and the photograph was later withdrawn and the correction was made.

However, I've seen that Chinese Nationalists usually make a list of such errors (there usually are a few) and claim that the news agencies are purposefully publishing false news items, which is totally incorrect.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
IF he is referring to a certain picture that was published by a media agency (don't remember which one) which mistook the Nepal police for Chinese police, then he's right. There was such an incident, and the photograph was later withdrawn and the correction was made.

However, I've seen that Chinese Nationalists usually make a list of such errors (there usually are a few) and claim that the news agencies are purposefully publishing false news items, which is totally incorrect.
Well, the thing is both of them: nepalese and chinese police beat those tibetans to death. The only thing is that news reporter must had used only nepalese police to display their picture on the newspaper and refered both of them beating our people to death. So I wouldn't take that as mistake. All in all they did sucessed to delivered the news that there's genocide both in Nepal and China. Only thing is one was show'n by the picture and other one by writing in headline. At the end they did their job but in their own way and I've no problem with that.

Next time if CCP let foren reporters to freely take pix of these genocide taking place in Tibet then they will make sure to put correct pix otherwise if these chinese keep stealing their cameras then that's all they will have to settle with. Sad I know but what to do. They are trying their best to reach this evil act to the whole world. And I salute these brave reporters for sacrificing their life in dangers to support Tibetan people who are in need of help from the whole world.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles