Crime in Delhi due to migrants and outsiders : Sheila Dixit

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Migration behind crime surge: CM

Seeking to dismiss the findings of a survey which blamed city’s poor infrastructure for rising incidents of crime against women, chief minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday said that migration was the biggest problem for the surge in such crime in the national capital.

A survey by state women and child welfare department had found that infrastructural flaws like dark stretches on streets, narrow roads and negligible security on public transport system were to be blamed for poor perception of Delhi among women. Ms Dikshit, however, said that migration and “criss-crossing” of people through the city were the biggest barriers in checking rising incidents of crime against women.

The survey had found that lack of security in public transportation and roadsides are to blame for the majority of harassment and assault cases. Those interviewed said that lack of proper law enforcement, poor lighting and overcrowded public transportation make them feel insecure when out of their homes. Ms Dikshit, however, said that there was no problem with Delhi’s infrastructure and remarked that “Delhi glitters”.

Ms Dikshit’s said, “Delhi’s biggest problem which has created such a situation is migration and the criss-crossing that happens through the city. People enter the city to travel to Punjab and UP. This has increased criminal activities and criminals are not being caught because of that,” she said.

Ms Dikshit’s comments come days after a 20-year-old girl from the Northeast was raped by an unidentified men at Dwarka in southwest Delhi. “The main problem is in the mentality of the people. 90-95 per cent of the harassment and assault cases on women take place inside their homes. The same people come out on roads and commit the same crime. What is needed is a change in the mentality,” she said.

Migration behind crime surge: CM | The Asian Age

3. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

i agree with it......

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Another Bal Tackeray raving and ranting!

So, why blame good old Bal maharaj?

Our high society Delhi dame, who chews her words while speaking Hindi to show she is highly sophisticated, is now exposing!

Silly excuse for weak governance and policing.

Keep politics away and get the culprits and all will be well!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Sir,

There was a meeting of businessmen of a particular industrial area with Sheila Dikshit. One person complained about the cleanliness, and lack of garbage disposal etc., Sheila lashed out at the poor fellow saying look at my house I am responsible for it so I keep it clean, that is your area you keep it clean not my responsibility. :rofl:

However, to give the lady, with a prodigious appetite for all things alcohol, her due she is partially right. Migrants, and outsiders do play a large part in driving up the crime stats, but then that is systemic failure of the state.

Tronic likes this.
  6. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

People's attitude and way of life decide a city's fate, govt is not responsible for it alone. So why did Delhi was a much better place some 15-20 years ago?

7. Ray

Well that type of argument only reinforces what Bal Tackheray says.

So, why was he made such a villain?

I am of the view and maybe wrong, is that powerful people require thugs and these thugs get a free hand to do what they want under political patronage.

Both Bal and Dixit are powerful people.

anoop_mig25 likes this.
  8. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Sir Thugs generally are the individuals who shape history and Thugs have a lot of honour.All powerful people are Thugs in one form or another

9. lcatejas

lcatejas Regular Member

Its true that problem with migrants... but you also have some responsibility and do some crack down's .....apart from vote bank politics..

10. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Govt has tried it's bit but vote bank is a matter as well.Lot of slums have been cleared up from the main areas...these slums are breeding ground of criminal activities... a significant % of illegal immigrants is of bangladeshis and not just immigrants from the other Indian states.
    Delhi has one of the worst female/male ratio(866:1000) because of immigration because a LOT of them are single men.
    Delhi’s sex ratio worsening

11. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

In Delhi most of the rape and molestation bids are done by the local villagers and their wards. Due to sky-rocketing price of land, many farmers became millionaires, now their kids have got nothing better to do.

SLASH likes this.
  12. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

This is the problem with every major city around the world. Immigrant and illegal immigrants are found to be involved in criminal activities as it is easy for them to run away without a trace. Also the newly rich in Delhi cannot handle their alcohol.

13. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

If not for National Capital status, Delhi would have not been much different from towns in western UP.

14. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

It being capital is delhiwalla's fortune and our misfortune.Chandigarh is a better place ambience and environment

Tshering22 likes this.
  15. Zoravar

Zoravar Regular Member

If she is referring to Bangladeshi migrants then she should be awarded a prize for saying the turth.

16. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Funny it comes from that old skank; the CM of the Rape Capital of India. Sometimes I wonder whether she was even qualified to be the CM in first place or not for she knows nothing about Delhi; It became a functioning territory because people from all over India are there to make it a habitat. Who is a "true Dilliwala"? Nobody.

I have been born and raised in Delhi and hence I don't think any say, Punjabi or Kashmiri or UP-ite can call himself anymore Delhi-wala than me.

Stupid old hag has once against shown how her party played underhand tricks to come to power rather than true merit.

17. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

You think the Jihad-loving Congress would say that?

18. Ray

If indeed that is what she is meaning, then she should not be so impotent and instead identify the Bangladeshis and send them packing to their country.

Can't have her party scared of the votes and pander to the Vote Bank, and yet at the same time, whine like a whipped dog.

It is time to be capable of handling the truth!

19. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Wrong.

Indeed, I feel Delhi would be better if it would not be national capital. Too much VIP traffic, security at various points, prime targets.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  20. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

If she really said in that way. Then, I appreciate. If she will deport back Bangladeshi to their desh, Then actually I will vote for her even when I don't like Congress.

If she said in general way (Outsider). Then no difference between Her & Bal & Raj Thackrey.

21. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Delhi gets so much attention only because of national capita status.
    Delhi's infrastructure owes a lot to national capital status. Every dept of the govt is situated in Delhi, that's why its the centre of power and money. In matters of money I think it is second only to Mumbai.