Cricket Diplomacy - the deals brokered behind the scene, Najam Sethi's take.

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by thakur_ritesh, Apr 6, 2011.

1. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

watch from 16:44 onwards:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I disagree with his assessment.

4. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

It always cat and mouse game, which never ends till last,

5. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Which part?

6. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

Thanks t_r for putting this.

Let me tell you one thing, as a keen follower of security-related issues and proto- / counter-analysis, there is no such thing as a non-state actor.

Every group is backed from somewhere, financed somehow and provided logistics from someone. Take out the head and the body withers away.

The same is true of India-Pakistan.

Let's not let the rhetoric and gumption distort our view of history and the facts. Najam Sethi is a left-wing liberal peacenik, and as such he has his place. I like him because he is sound in most aspects, particularly in his view of Pakistani history, is rational and tempers his speech with some well-thought out judgments and well-directed criticism. But not everybody that is eloquent is always right. And we should always keep that, in mind.

7. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Rage,

if you are talking about india's involvement in baluchistan i tend to agree, there is nothing on part of pakistan to show to the world about india's involvement, though they have tried various gimmicks but nothing that has ever caught the international eye on india's involvement and certainly nothing that has ever implicated india, all theories floated and nothing beyound.

the other day these chaps did an exclusive show on baluchistan which i am linking up to this post and in here it is all rhetoric on his part to the extent he says he has been witness to evidence shown by the PA but further on that even he doesnt say anything more which does raise a question mark on his claims about indian involvement and he mentions quite specifically at one point that there is a perception within their army that india is behind the insurgency in baluchistan, a perception that remains unsubstantiated.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015