Cracker sales fall. Green Diwali effect?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
LUDHIANA: You may call it the 'Green Diwali' effect. This festive season, the sale of fireworks has been 30% lower when compared to 2014, estimate traders dealing in fireworks in the city.
However, with only two days to go to the
festival of lights, traders said that sales started to pick up on Sunday and are expected to shoot up now.
Ludhiana Wholesale Firework Association
general secretary Tribhuvan Thapar said, "More people have started buying them today.
However, if we compare the same time period ahead of Diwali last year, sales have been around 30% less. This year, we kept less stock as sales were predicted to fall."
This time around, the demand for India-made crackers has been higher than the Chinese ones.
Traders are also hoping to attract buyers by selling new types of fireworks. "We have fireworks for kids this time around. They have been kind of a hit, especially the butterfly-shaped crackers and those that have colour," he said. "Those with cartoon characters are also a hit."
Vishal Sally, president of Ludhiana Wholesale Firework Association, said even older Diwali revellers will have options. "This year, we have
colourful rockets," he said.
Packaging has also been changed to attract customers. "For kids, crackers have been branded with cartoon characters," he said.

Cracker sales fall, Green Diwali effect?

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Christian converts with $ from Australia dubai attacked saroops of aad Granth sahib & even Gita ramayan. So kali diwali in Punjab.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
bc those who live abroad know what happens on new year, silvester around the world. 6 hours of fire works by people!!!

This leads to more pollution around the world in a go. Because more than 2 Billion people burst crackers in a day.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I doubt it's the green Diwali effect. May be mehangai effect. Budgets are thin. Purchase may be of lower volumes. I just bought stuff that lasted just about 2 hours for the kids.

On another note,
My daughter asked me day before if bursting crackers cause ice to melt and penguins die because of it. I told her no they don't because of crackers but they do if you keep lights on when you don't need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Not sure if there is decrease as I see millions of crackers and fireworks.

My Diwali celebration is done for the day with candles/lights and no crackers :D

No crackers used for many many years.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I doubt it's the green Diwali effect. May be mehangai effect. Budgets are thin. Purchase may be of lower volumes. I just bought stuff that lasted just about 2 hours for the kids.

On another note,
My daughter asked me day before if bursting crackers cause ice to melt and penguins die because of it. I told her no they don't because of crackers but they do if you keep lights on when you don't need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not quite understand what its like to have a daughter, but I think even if crackers did kill the penguins, I would not want my daughter to not enjoy her childhood. So I would tell her to get on with the crackers and then plant some trees or something next morning.:)
Not sure if there is decrease as I see millions of crackers and fireworks.

My Diwali celebration is done for the day with candles/lights and no crackers :D

No crackers used for many many years.
On Diwali evening:-
I step out on my balcony, watch crackers worth lakhs of rupees blowing up in the sky all over Chandigarh. Its quite a spectacle. And I do not have to pay to watch it from my prime viewing seats.:cool1:

The problem begins around 10:00 pm:yawn: when I try to fall asleep and some bugger sends a rocket screeching right outside my window. EVERY 2 MINUTES.:rage:
Ghanta green! im in delhi and since morning im observing continuous non stop fireworks
Delhi is going to be blanketed in smog by morning. People will be coughing up black smoke. Quite literally.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Anyway guys, watching my neighborhood from morning, I was in a misunderstanding that my society is curious but now they have taken me out from this delusion.
From last 3-4 hours, I'm on the bed and have pillow above my head because noise is getting more intolerable for me.
I've done a "Go Green" campaign with my school friends but my neighbors told me my auqat.
Ab apni halst pe bhi hansi aa rahi hai.
Mera "Jagrukta" ka bhoot utar gaya.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Ghanta green! im in delhi and since morning im observing continuous non stop fireworks
Which area were you in that you witnessed crackers since morning.

Come on come out and let us know. During the day kids burst crackers sporadically because they want to burst the bulk during the evening. Please enlighten us.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Which area were you in that you witnessed crackers since morning.

Come on come out and let us know. During the day kids burst crackers sporadically because they want to burst the bulk during the evening. Please enlighten us.
I live in southern part of Yamunanagar District of Haryana.
On a normal Diwali, you will have to hear pat-pat, bum-bum of crackers whole day but this time, I didn't heard any sound in day. So, got emotional.
But no problem, I'm now out of delusions.
:D

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Multiple reasons
1)increase in e commerce has left traders with lesser black money, this was the cash that literally used to be burnt on diwali.
2)some green diwali effect primarily in high end lah di dah type societies where being seen as green is the new cool.

Interesting titbit- was talking to someone involved in high end retail
( Gucci,armani,Prada) etc he told me sales this year have fallen due to a Namo diktat to the ministers and MPs to only accept swadeshi stuff.

BATTLE FIELD

Battle Captain
in my area it was noise pollution free night (because it is a military camp quarter:biggrin2: )
we didn't used much crackers only few light ones.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles