Cow urine can cure cancer-RS member

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Peter, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Cow urine can cure cancer — That's what a BJP member claims in RS

Cow urine can cure cancer — That's what a BJP member claims in RS - The Times of India

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

3. Peter

IS BJP trying to commit political suicide? Do they not realize they are alienating a large number of voters through the antics of some uncouth members.

Also it is a shame to see that some comments in TOI actually support this.

SajeevJino likes this.
  4. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    jackprince likes this.
  5. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

there is no doubt cow urine has some medicinal properties.

6. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

All Politicians and public speakers mostly have some stupid statement or the other in their speeches. Since this a BJP&RSS hunting season, only their statements are being highlighted the most. There is no point in reacting to such statements. Slip ups happen from time to time.

Only people who have a agenda react to such statements, others leave it alone. In my opinion there is no point in reacting to such statements.

jus and Free Karma like this.
  7. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

I bet Cow urine can cure the cancer of at least self-shame.

Panchgavya is known and respectworthy for every Hindu. BJP is a Hindutva vaadi party. They are expected to respect Panchgavya also. Their voters of the non-swinging, committed, hard working kind, voted them for this very reason.

Panchgavya is shame producing for the modern types whose only need is money. These voters are usually of the swinging, media influenced kind and BJP has committed to them that it will give them more money in its 5 year term then they got in the last 5 year term of UPA. Should these people feel like its not enough they should feel free to vote Kejri or Rahul after 4 years.

ToI and other useless media has hold from old delhi to mehrauli just like the last mughals. This was apparent from the 2013-2014 election campaigns.

8. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Why don't you let us know if there is any established evidence or precedent for cow urine being able to cure cancer? Any studies of chemical composition and reactions in the body which causes it to cure cancer? Or at least empirical evidence that it has indeed cured cancer in several cases?

So, while we all know about useless ToI and BazaruMedia (no one is disputing the uselessness of MSM btw), you have to tell us why we should support a statement that cow urine can cure cancer without actually establishing it on a solid scientific (or even empirical) basis.

Peter and jackprince like this.
  9. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Did I say anybody has to support the statement. Off course there is no evidence in its support that I have come upon. Had I had the evidence I would have produced it.

In any case my post was in response to the 'Blow for Modi' post by Peter with 3 Facepalms and rhetoric like "IS BJP trying to commit political suicide?".

What the hell BJP nahi hua koi Bollywood hero ho gaya that they must shake their pants to help the 'sentiments and feelings' of everybody.

What I said was and I quote myself again:
    It is an established fact that NDA-1 toiled hard and voters thought themselves smarter by installing UPA instead of NDA in 2004.

Who lost?

The voter.

So if the BJP member does not care for what a few ToIlet readers read, I say, he is justified.

10. Bangalorean

Unfortunately the BJP needs to care about what people think. For their own sake and for India's sake. While a "few ToIlet readers" may not matter much in the grand scheme of things, relentless false and dangerous propaganda being splashed around in the name of non-existent "Church attacks" for example, has the potential to be very detrimental. Propaganda should be countered, the narrative has to be corrected, the discourse has to be corrected.

Of course, nothing will matter if more money is generated in the economy and we see fantastic growth. Modi will be re-voted in any case if that happens. But all the same, it helps to be aware and safe.

Peter likes this.
  11. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

I agree, propaganda should be countered esp. the vile "Church attacks" kind of propaganda. But a rant against panchgavya is not propaganda it is a diversion, sleight, misdirection, FUD creation.

Also I disagree with better economy getting votes for Modi in 2019. Had that equation been real, ABV would have got at least 2 more terms 2004 (because ABV was right) and 2009 (because UPA was wrong).

Economy does not make the votes. It is the votes that sets the economy right. Votes for UPA or Kejri will tank the economy but will make the voter 'feel' good.

As for what gets votes. Well, its complicated.

12. Peter

Cow urine cannot cure cancer,afaik. Also BJP is losing a lot of voters by allowing a few ministers to make such statements. This is a thing that you have to agree. Modiji may be a good leader but he does not have complete control over his flock. If he allows such ministers to air their views then 2019 will come as a rude shock to him.

It is better that this ministers be nipped in the bud.
    @Vishwarupa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panchagavya

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  13. Peter

Economy and a more crime ridden society will win the day for BJP in 2019.

14. Peter

@Khagesh @Bangalorean

ABV did not win 2004 due to negative propaganda against India shining campaign and Gujarat riots. ABV deserved to win as BJP had built a lot of roads and repaired many stretches of the NH. A lot of members from my family were shocked to see the result. BJP would again suffer the same fate with these medievalist ministers. Also what Khagesh sir is not understanding is that BJP cannot neglect the "sentiments" of a few of its supporters. This time there was a huge anti incumbency vote helping the BJP. Next time it would be against them. As I have said Modiji has to control his flock and act quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  15. Bangalorean

BJP's loss in 2004 has been variously attributed to a variety of factors. But if you look at the statistics, the facts say otherwise. There is a great book on game theory in the Indian context called "Indianomics". There I found out that the BJP's voteshare difference between 1998 and 2004 was only 1% (approx, don't remember the exact number). This minor difference unfortunately, resulted in a vast difference in number of seats. That's one of the disadvantages of a first-past-the-post system. But really, the minor voteshare difference is just the luck of draw. It can swing either this way or that - there is no grand single reason which caused massive loss to the BJP.

Peter likes this.
  16. Peter

Sir, what you are saying about voteshare is absolutely correct. I still remember that in 2004 about 90% of the poll experts had predicted a BJP win. I read Telegraph and a Bengali daily called Bartaman. The latter daily caricatured MS and Sonia as two destitute beggars searching for a shelter. When the results came out the newspaper suddenly stopped its caricatures. Nobody had expected such a huge shock in 2004.

17. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

I don't know because I am not a scientist but seems like research is going on on Gau Mutr distillates and for co-application with chemotherapy drugs and CSIR may be involved since the mid 90s. If you remember Indian researchers started documenting a lot of ayurvedic and traditional knowledgebase. Could have been the off shoot of that push to protect indigenous knowledgebase.

In a day and age where Allopathy practitioners are allowed to even use human excreta for rejuvenating damaged gut fauna, I don't think it would be wise to simply let go off research opportunities which are being claimed by CSIR as worthy of pursuit and which has shown results in the lab.

Thanks to some of you guys I started reading a bit and I am sure it is worth pursuing. BJP member simply reiterated results that were already claimed by CSIR.

And if people don't want to vote because of this then they really and absolutely, should not. BJP also should steer clear of easily affected people.

18. Abhijat

Abhijat Regular Member

Patent US6410059 - Pharmaceutical composition containing cow urine distillate and an antibiotic - Google Patents

Excerpt from above :

The invention relates to an absolutely novel use of cow urine distillate as activity enhancer and availability facilitator for bioactive molecules including anti-infective and anti-cancer agents.

The present invention has direct implication in drastically reducing the dosage of antibiotics, drugs and anti-cancer agent while increasing the efficiency of absorption of bioactive molecules.

So , not a direct, anti-cancerous properties, but , for better "targeting" .

19. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I would not know whether urine can cure cancer, but urine has been used for medicinal purpose all over the world at various stage of world history.

Abhijat likes this.
  20. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Cow Urine cannot cure but even if it enhances the effects of a drug. It implies there would be lesser side effects for the patients and at the same time the same amount of drug is going to get used for more than one persons. So if it enhances the utility by a factor of 5 then for the same amount of life saving drug you can try to save 5 persons.

And for a poor country like India that does matter.

21. Jatt.Hindustan

Jatt.Hindustan Tihar Jail Banned

Bhang also kills cancer cells, they demonize your medicine until they find way to patent & profit