Court restraint on broadcast of Dec 16 rape documentary, FIR filed

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I heard this woman Udwin on TV yesterday.

She said that she had permission from the MHA (UPA was in power) and Tihar Jail.

She said it was to spread awareness of gender equality and social fightback.

Interestingly, it was revealed that she had only interviewed the perpetrators of the crime.

One wonders that if it was to be an even handed documentary, why did she not interview the millions who protested and brought the Govt to a standstill and enforce a change in law?

It is a fashion to showcase India as a social and political swamp by the West.

One also wonders how come the MHA is so liberal in granting permission to foreign channel to interview such scum and showcase such dirt. Does the rapists require to be given prominence to justify themselves with their weird and twisted logic that provocative dress invites as also good girls should be in the house before 8 PM?

Mukesh Singh, in his interview, openly blamed the victim and said a “girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy” and also that the victim should not “resist” when being raped.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  3. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

I will blame Indian authorities more than any other person in this.

When you work on whims and fancies and personal discretion, rather than a policy, you shall move from one contingency/ fire fight to other.

Why get into monkey business and then get accused of monkeying around.

Peter likes this.
  4. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

Aaaand guess what, the usual idiots have started with "freedom of speech" type nonsense.

Peter, alphacentury and Srinivas_K like this.
  5. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

I don't think we should be so defensive about this documentary. Reasons:
    1) These same things can be and have been said by criminals in west also and is not specific to India. Remember the lech video of a women walking the streets of new york for 10 hours and how she got treated. Then there was the 26 gang rapists case.
    2) These things are said in India. Mostly by a certain kind of people. This can be used as mirror to those people.
    3) Then there is a UPA kind of mentality that is here only to blame the civilization. They too can be exposed by telling the public that these UPA kinds never present the popular sentiment which was displayed during the demonstrations during the Nirbhaya case.

GoI should do what its job is. If they feel that this is designed to slander India then by all means they should register their protest with Brits.

But it can be used by the current GoI also to confront the UPA internally too and rally support of like minded people who see through this biased reporting.

6. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Right thing to do, considering that children will fall prey for this kind of useless documentaries.

Their societies are all getting degraded in the name of western values and now they are venturing into east to degrade family values here.
    Britain has many sad tales and rape incidents, Britain truly needs this kind of awareness, so better concentrate on your society. India is an open society with some limitations and taboos imposed for the good of the society.

I think this issue on this documentary will only make it famous and gets more TRP ratings. Simply banning it and not making the ban an issue will help the cause !

Peter, Illusive and Free Karma like this.
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There is no doubt that Indian authorities are to be blamed for allowing this documentary to be done, because the Indian authorities gave the permission to this woman in writing.

In the first place, before permission is given, the Govt has to check what is the aim, what is the theme and what all would be filmed and recorded before the permission is given. Further, once it is done, it is to be vetted by the Govt before allowed for transmitting.

Was it done? I wonder.

Now, would the UK allow foreign film makers to film the evils in the British society like race relations? I wonder. In fact, they have not allowed the girl who had underage sex with Prince Andrew to call the royal as a witness?

Lawyers acting for the woman who alleges she was forced by a multimillionaire financier to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17 are formally requesting that he respond under oath to her accusations.

Now, that is an important issue that should be allowed to be filmed since it is all about social evils committed by powerful people, but remain beyond the clutches of law.

But then the UK is a holy cow and India is the sole moral morass and swamp as per them and that should be highlighted.

How will this documentary on Nirbhaya in any way add to the conscience more than the huge demonstration that made the Govt change the law and the anniversary is done every year to keep the country's conscience alive?

8. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Not all the tacks your opponent tries on you are to your detriment, by virtue of his desire alone. We can always pull when the opponent pushes.

What Mukesh Kumar has said is something that is actually said by some people. This justification / absolution of guilt by simply pointing out sab mile hue hain and the victim was herself responsible, also needs to stop. These kinds of comments are usually made by people who want to highlight their frustration, inability and willingness to emulate by justifying. To anybody with a clear mind what is worth opposing must be opposed.

Though you are right about the propaganda value of this documentary, which is designed to hide the massive demonstrations and outrage that a healthy Indian society had displayed. But its water under the bridge now. GoI of the day gave a written permission and the documentary is now in British hands.

9. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

Should leave no doubts about what these guys are trying to achieve here. This is nothing more than another form civilizing mission.

Want to interview rapists, why not interview one of the 1400+ rapists at rotherham :lol: Or the multitudes of pedos in your own organization or in the brit parliament.

[tweet]572436316333473793[/tweet]

[tweet]572450075223437312[/tweet]

Karen Haggerty
    @LouiseMensch Because it is all acceptable within the culture there I have lived there s have seen this first hand.I have two adopted sons.

:lol:

Oh guess what, they are both evangelicals too, go through their profiles for more gems.

Remember the rule, if it's from their side, he is a criminal, that shocked everyone, and has no place in their society.

If he is not from their side, he is a representation of that society.

You'd have to be complete and total bonkers to eat this sort of nonsense.

10. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

Oh it will be another of such numerous documentaries, books and reports which the whole world will watch, discuss, quote, refer and cite. And we Indians will not know because of the ban.

India can't stop BBC from publishing, can you?

Which comes to a fact that is banning/ future prospect of banning ( when they were making the documentary) a part of the project?

Win Win situation. As GoI will ban, there will be no law and order problem. And the film reaches the intended audience. ( Was the real audience of the film were Indians in the first place? )

Who will listen to an eccentric rapist and murderer and generalize? Only evangelist. But get it banned and it creates a reverse justification 'there must ve been something, you know, otherwise why would they ban it? What has been shown (and generalized) must be apt.'

Now people will view it and even throw a ----ing Oscar. It gets included in AV classes in Universities for social justice. Where's my bank?

-----------

Peter likes this.
  11. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

Outcome of whether the documentary will be broadcast worldwide is a interesting thing to watch for.

So far BBC seems to be taking a neutral stand, we will have to wait and see whether it will continue.

I&B ministry and sushma Swaraj have four days to ensure the documentary in current form is not released worldwide.

12. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

It's yet another typical BBC "heartbleed" attempt. Sell a spectacle of India's poverty to bored masses back home, so they're given a perspective on how Urban British life is not so shitty after all. NDTV must have nicked an exclusive million-dollar deal to broadcast it, and thought they could get away with it. Other news channels whined because they didn't get a piece of the action. Now they're just squeezing the lemon to its last drop by showing "the other side" (government trampling on freedom of expression). Bloody whores.

13. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Is it possible to ban bbc in India? Both cable and dth operators?

Ps- is bbc urdu or hindi or any kind of sister channel of bbc in India?

14. LalTopi

LalTopi Regular Member

I saw this controversy developing over the last two/three days, and I must say that I am extremely angry at the Indian authorities gullibility in giving so much respect to western media and allowing them so much access. The BBC in particular is a lefty 'liberal' organisation full of trendy media types who like nothing better than to put India down. This film is due to be broadcast in several Western countries and it will do ontold, and unjustified harm to India's tourist industry and reputation - which quite frankly has already been dragged into the mud by closet white racists.

Listen, I grew up in the UK and lived most of my life there (and I am not a young man). I know the British Psych, and the different types of people and their personalities. I would say that I do not think that most British people are inherently nasty or racist, but there are three types of personalities that I consider to be racist and I am particularly wary of, as they exert disproportionate influence on the rest of British/Western society :

1) The openly racist type who make no secret of the fact that they think British/Western/White civilization is superior. When these people are in a position of power, such as Winston Churchill, things get nasty. However, except where these people resort to or promote violence or are in a position to discriminate I am not as wary of this type as the other two types below. People generally know where these people stand as they are generally transparent in their views. Even when they might say 'I'm not a racist but...' it is fairly clear what their views are and people are not influenced by them unless they themselves already have some racist views themselves.

2) The Evangelical Christian type of racists. Not all evangelicals are racist, some genuinely like to help as well as convert. But the racist evangelical type want to provide 'aid' (aka convert) to the disadvantaged poor (i.e. blacks, browns, Asians etc.) whist at the same time detesting their culture their race, their religion and... their colour. These people are not as easy to spot as the first type above, but their patronizing condescending attitude usually shows through eventually. Unfortunately, these people yield a disproportionate influence on society as a whole due to their actual 'good work' and their supposedly 'Christian values'.

3) The lefty 'liberal' types. Again, not all lefty liberals have racist views - quite often the opposite. However, this is the type I am most concerned about as they are particularly prevalent in the media - especially the BBC, but can also be seen in serious newspapers such as a couple of the FT's India non-financial correspondents. Due to their position in the media these people carry huge influence, both directly and indirectly through their influencing the views of their unsuspecting colleagues. This type is characterized by their lefty-liberal desire to help and associate with poor or 'disadvantaged' people of other races and colours, especially if they are black. Yet they hate it when the disadvantaged do well for themselves such that they can no longer look down on and patronize them. As India has developed and become a force in the World, this lefty-liberal type has become exceedingly frustrated as they can see their poor coloured charges develop beyond themselves. To cope with this they become petulant and resort to making/writing condescending and patronizing reports on India, usually based on their general prejudices and half truths.

I am afraid to say that India has fallen prey to type 3 above. Over the next few days India will face the condescending wrath of the western populations - either for being a nation of rapists, women-abusers, castists, etc. or for banning Leslee Udwin's documentary and hence banning freedom of speech and therefore trying to hide that they are a nation of rapists, women-abusers, castists, etc.

I would not say that Leslee is necessarily type 3 herself (her East-to-East film was excellent), but there is no doubt that she works for a type 3 organisation full of people who hate the fact that India is doing well for herself, and will relish with glee to put India down over this rape issue.

I only pray that this is a blessing in disguise in that the Indian authorities will finally see that they need to take a more aggressive stance to Western media, both in India and in their home countries, including directly pointing out their racist hypocrisy.

desicanuk, Free Karma and Bangalorean like this.
  15. Illusive

Illusive Senior Member Senior Member

India should makes documentaries on racism and pedophilia in the west. Also documentaries of british atrocities in India during colonial times.

Sameet Pattnaik, LalTopi, jus and 2 others like this.
  16. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

ITV is showing that on 8th in UK .Can GOI stop that:taunt::taunt::taunt:

17. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Well said. We have so many asshats in India who still haven't seen through the design of these Western "media" outlets.

18. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

BBC filmed it, and is attempting to pawn it off to other media outlets in Britain. India can ban BBC World in India for contempt of court. Then they lose out on a market with 700 million eyeballs.

Bangalorean likes this.
  19. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

let seee, what happens

20. sasi

High chances of leslee escaping India. Police should alert airports!

21. sasi

Breaking news: bbc to broadcast the documentry tonight!

Blackwater likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.