Couple tortured & beheaded in haryana for being in a relationship

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by The Messiah, Sep 20, 2013.

1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Girl lynched by family, boy beheaded in Haryana village

Rohtak: On Wednesday evening, a village in Haryana looked on as a girl was lynched by her family, and a boy beheaded. Hours ago, they had returned to the village, thinking that their families would finally allow them to marry.

The girl's parents and uncle have been arrested and her brother is missing since the crime, a shocking example of medieval-style killings in the name of 'family honour' in Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda's hometown, Rohtak, and in a village just 80 km from the capital.

Nidhi Barak, 20, and Dharmender Barak, 22, eloped and went to neighbouring Delhi on Tuesday, since their families back in the Gharnavati village did not approve of their relationship. Nidhi was a student of fine arts, while Dharmender was pursuing a technical course.

Nidhi's parents allegedly persuaded her to come back, promising not to harm the young lovers.

The police say what followed was hours of torture for the couple at Nidhi's home, ending with their death. The girl was beaten to death in full public view. The boy was brutally beaten and his arms and legs broken, before he was beheaded. His headless body was allegedly dumped at a public square in the village.

The family of the girl was allegedly caught in the act of cremating her, when a police team arrived. They had been alerted by a villager. The police then took the girl's half-burnt body and the boy's remains for a post-mortem.

Police say relatives of both the girl and the boy are on the run. Murders like these are chillingly common in villages of Haryana dominated by the diktats of lawless 'Khap panchayats' who forbid marriages within the same village or same caste.

The Haryana Human Rights Commission has taken note of the horrific killings and asked for a report from the police.

Killed for eloping: Girl lynched by family, boy beheaded in Haryana village | NDTV.com

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

3. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Animals need to be lynched in public square.

How could you do it to your own children.

sayareakd likes this.
  5. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

Just shoot those idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. Waffen SS

Waffen SS New Member

:facepalm::facepalm:

Damn, then what is difference with India and Afghanistan and Muslim world? Is Police taking action? What is wrong if boys and girls love each other against parent's wish? After all it is those boys and girls who will fight for survival in life struggle, parents are nothing more than advisors, no offence.

Haryana, UP, Bihar are most affected with Honour killing, they are a bit back ward :truestory:, another Sati system type damn..

:toilet: those culprits need this.

:rip: to ill-fated couple.

SajeevJino and sayareakd like this.
  7. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

horrific and brutal incident, plus father of the girl is justifying what has happen, such persons should be executed on super fast track, based on his admission on TV.

sob likes this.
  8. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

what is really amazing that all the political leaders cutting across various parties are all refusing to comment/condemn this issue. The articulate Mr.Surjewala who is the MP and has an opinion of everything above the earth and below the sky is sitting mum. They are all tacitly approving this.

What do these idiots want when a boy and girl fall in love, the first question they will ask what is your Gotra or do they want them to wear their gotra around their neck?

9. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

I am against the killing but i will not side with this couple.

i have no problem with inter caste marriage but i've problem with same gotra marriage.
    if you marry in same gotra then it's like marrying your sister.
    and we all know what are the consequences of incest.
    the offspring of these incest people are born with defects that can never be cured and the offspring die slowly and painfully.
    this isn't my personal pov but it's darwin's but the sad thing is darwin too married his cousin.

people should not be killed but they should not be allowed to marry in same gotra or i should say they should be punished.
    we should think about our future generations.i mean why go western on this thing when we all know the consequences of marrying cousins.

i think people should stop getting emotional and start thinking rationally.
    what this girls father did was wrong and he should be punished but it doesn't make this girls doing right.
    if we people really care about our future generations then we should eradicate this incest nonsense from the society.

10. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

offtopic:
    Ajit Vadakayil: GOTRA SYSTEM , KHAP RULES , Y CHROMOSOME , DNA , GENETIC BIRTH DEFECTS – CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL,

11. angeldude13

i don't support this killing but
    they were from the same village and they knew they were cousins.
    so what do you want??
    we should allow incest???
    do you know what is the cost of inter cousin marriage??
    birth defects that can never be cured and the offspring will prolly die slowly and painfully due to those defects.

for god sake it's not about religion or some other superstitions.
    it's what the science,biology and darwin says.
    don't be a emotional fool and think about the effect of incest on our future generations.
    rest is all up to you

12. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

^^ The question that really needs to be answered is, does same "gotra" marriage equal cousin marriage? Are all people from the same "gotra" actually cousins?

Biology, Darwin, science, and all that come much later. First this fact needs to be established.

And moreover, let me tell you that these scum parents would have killed the couple even if they had been of different castes, or if they had married against their parents' wishes in any way.

Anyway, the people who did this killing need to die painful deaths. I hope they are executed by a fast track court. We cannot have this nonsense in India,

13. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

So you agree with the killings. You endorse the killings, this is what you say?

get lost if this is your solution--

14. angeldude13

i don't support this killing was the first line of my post.
    i think you are too emotional to debate further.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    vijaytripoli likes this.
  15. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

All these Haryanvi 'creatures' should be lynched to death.
    These creatures have contributed nothing to Indian society and this planet kindred sloths, Panda, Mormotomyiida, etc.,

16. angeldude13

people from same gotra are cousins(ask if you want me to elaborate)
    i repeat i am against the killings and i think it should be condemned but people should be taught about the adverse causes of marrying cousins.

i guess high school kid should be taught about this subject.
    everything western is not right.

17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Haryana is an unique State.

The Jats in the Army call themselves 'Texans'!

18. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Ok, here is my take, but before that, I respect his, and your opinion.

If anyone wants to make an intelligent point, writing using correct grammar and punctuation is important. In the above quote, when I see a space preceding the comma, I have already lost some confidence. I have also read his blogs, and to me, they come across as incoherent rants, to put it as mildly as I can.

Coming back to gotra, I have to say, same-gotra marriages should be make unlawful, and dealt with as per law, and not by public lynching followed by murder. The family members et al., who carried out this attack, IMHO, deserve to be hanged.

angeldude13 likes this.
  19. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

For Real ? :wat: :pound::rofl:

20. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

I never endorsed murder of that couple nor I am defending the parents, and I agree with you that they( parents )and many like them who do the same thing should be punished . That blog was just a reply to discussion about same-gotra marriage .

21. Waffen SS

Waffen SS New Member

Indian Political parties value votes more than overall progress of country. We all know that!! After all it is Votocracy not democracy. That's why we need Dictatorship.

I am not sure about Gotra are same family or not. Experts can say about this, but I say if Gotra is really cousin type with possibility of birth defect then before marriage both Girl and Boy should make assure this- They accept this type of marriage may result in child with defects, if that happens then no one, parents will not be responsible for this, or any thing mishaps of future related to this. The only sole responsible will be the Girl and Boy.

How ever killing in name of this cant be justified.
    @Ray what is "Texans"? Do they watch "Cowboy and Aliens"?:pound:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015