Coup d'état in Turkey?

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
I meant her brain. Wearing glasses makes one look smart, but does not make one smart. It would have been a matter of speculation, but when she opened her mouth, it was confirmed that she isn't very bright.
sir islamists are dumb, look at muslims killing muslims, this is no roclet science. i think US will says india must have tolernce and this and that is bullshit they themselves sleep with islamist countries and talk about human right. hypocrites.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
Coup d'etat has mostly been defeated.

Soldiers are surrendering and deserting in massive numbers, Bosphorus has been retaken, 29 Colonels and 5 Generals have been dismissed, Coupe leader has been captured, and several divisions have joined the Government.

There is still some presence in Ankara; but it'll most likely wear down.

Good job to people of Turkey for defending their rightful democratically elected leader.
how many paki terorists killed? i mean pakis are everywhere killing innocent people, so i ask before hand before news publish, you might be knowing.

Zulfiqar Khan

Here is a Pakistani expressing solidarity with Erdogan:

Note: I am not supporting the coup without knowing who they are.
The coupe is a group within the Military but not the general military itself. They are what can be described as the only 'secular' (mostly officers) component left in the Turkish Military.

So they've done nothing to prove themselves expect running over civilians with tanks and strafing civilian-filled highways with Heli Fire. Their soldiers don't really believe in the cause and desert/surrender the second their superior officers look the other way.

So far most of the pro-coupe military have surrendered and the coupe leader has been captured.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Looks like people have beaten down the many soldiers, many are getting beaten by locals as police is confiscating them. Lol...

pmaitra

Roger that.
You think uncle played "Dr. coup little" movie show??
I am not discounting that at all. This could also be played by Erdogan to whip up sympathy amongst the people. Who knows?
The coupe is a group within the Military but not the general military itself. They are what can be described as the only 'secular' (mostly officers) component left in the Turkish Military.

So they've done nothing to prove themselves expect running over civilians with tanks and strafing civilian-filled highways with Heli Fire. Their soldiers don't really believe in the cause and desert/surrender the second their superior officers look the other way.

So far most of the pro-coupe military have surrendered and the coupe leader has been captured.

If there are only a few secularists left in the Turkish military, then Turkey is truly descending into what we call a basket case.

pmaitra

A very important Tweet, IMHO:

If the people of Turkey are that great, why don't they stand up to Sultan Erdogan?

I am of the opinion that most of these "people of Turkey" are Erdogan supporters.

pmaitra

Is this true? Is this a rumour? Is this part of an information warfare?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@pmaitra : Unfortunately right now I can't see the tweets (because of issue on my side)
What is it about (the tweets in posts 87,88)

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Clear you cookies and use Chrome. Here, I just emboldened this, using Control+B. If you are using IE, you are stuck in the previous decade. :)
Ok, so Firefox isn't suitable for IDF? Jeeez! :smash:

pmaitra

Makes sense.

Another Tweet said that social media helped Erdogan, while Erdogan was trying to stifle social media.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
This a photo of Turkish military men being disarmed and arrested by local police :

The military man doesn't even appear to be putting up a fight, nor does he look stressed. Seems like a choreographed exercise by Erdogan to cement his hold over the country. Or it could be the west trying to send a message to their junior NATO member to remind them to stay in their limits as Turkey had become too assertive in the past couple of years and refused to tow NATO's official line multiple times. Or it could be Russia's revenge. I remember Putin's message after Russian jets were shot down "if Turkey thinks this problem will go away by exchanging cheap tomatoes and onions and trade, they are mistaken. There will be a cost to this". This might be that cost. OR it could be that Shia clerics backed by Iran who influenced non-Sunni military men to rebel against an increasingly Sunnified Erdogan.

Whatever might be the specific cause, the broad consensus is that this is just Muslims being Muslims.

Last edited:

south block

up your a**
Country flag
this look like a false flag buy sultan himself to increase & hold on to power as his popularity was decreasing

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Any coup leader worth his salt would have discounted the part about popular uprising. Perhaps the rebels have an ace up their sleeve. Perhaps the second night will be more bloody than the first night. This coup is not over yet.
It does take a lot of courage to commit treason. I don't think militarymen would be so foolish that their operation would be over in a night.
Note, no one still knows who or what the leader of this coup is. That makes this coup very dangerous and exciting as well.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
More arrests made at pro-coup headquarters.

Dude seems happy and compliant. Clearly not the disenfranchised rebel one would expect a coup-er to be.

So, now that Maulana Erdogan has slayed the hypothetical dragon called 'secular traitors', he is free to tighten his grip on the nation, label all secular dissent against the rapid Islamization of Turkey as a form of treason against the nation and silence all sane democratic voices. I think this is the kind of country Amir Khan and his wife would feel extremely safe in, instead of living under constant fear of all the evil Hindoos.

Basically, Turkey just went full Allahu Akbar..

Zulfiqar Khan

I am not discounting that at all. This could also be played by Erdogan to whip up sympathy amongst the people. Who knows?

If there are only a few secularists left in the Turkish military, then Turkey is truly descending into what we call a basket case.
Not really.

Turkey has always been successful when it's more Islamic-aligned. When Turkey is ruled by Islamic/Conservative parties; it faces large growth, decrease in corruption, decrease in crime and nation-wide approval/happiness.

Under strictly secular governments; it faced surge in corruption, crime, large scandals and instability.

Turkey was forced to be secular held at gunpoint by the West.

If you look at Turkey's neighbors - Syria and Iraq; you can see all of them are secular countries especially Syria.

Turkey used to be a country like Macedonia, Romania, Armenia; it was under deep economic crisis with rampant corruption and instability while it was under strict-secular rule.

ISIS attacks in Turkey has little to do with the religious atmosphere in Turkey. ISIS itself is a product of domino effects created by the US invasion of Iraq.

This failed coupe has successfully placed the army into it's rightful position and we won't be seeing another coupe attempt for a long time. It'll also give the civilian leadership much more power held than before.

Lets wait and pray for the best.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles