Counting prostitution and drugs in the GDP figure has seen the UK's economy overtake France

busesaway

Prostitution: This should be leagalized. But there should be protections in place for the workers by reforming existing labor laws. I should also think that health & saftey laws should be reformed to take into account safe-sex practices. I would also support the legalization of gay sex as part of this process.

Drugs: I would also legalize this. But there should be protections in place against health problems by only allowing licensed pharmacies to sell them. There should also be some additional funding into the health sector to provide free health services for problems caused by drugs (health insurance, drug tax, etc...).

Historically, South Asians have been very supportive of both measures:

Drugs are a major aspect of Hindu and Buddhist rituals, with many temples throughout South Asia offering drugs as part of prayer services and celebrations.

Prostitution and sex has generally been celebrated throughout the history of India - it was the British colonial education system that introduced an anti-sex philosophy.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles