Counter Indian military spending, Pakistan urged

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by EagleOne, Sep 7, 2010.

1. EagleOne

EagleOne Regular Member

The Pakistan government was Tuesday urged by a leading newspaper to spend more on military needs so as to counter what it said was an Indian challenge.

Saying that 'enemy India' had conducted three missile tests this year, the latest being the supersonic BrahMos, the Nawa-i-Waqt complained that Pakistan had not done any test in the last three years.

'We seem to have neglected our defence scientists and for the last three years, our government seems to have been oblivious to the country's defence needs. There is no attention to national security,' an editorial in the Urdu daily said.

'We conducted our last missile test about three years ago. Where have our defence scientists and missile technology experts gone since then?'

The daily accused India of making huge arms purchases from the US, Russia and other countries.

'Pakistan was content with the three F-16s it received from the US, while the US offered the more advanced F-19 to India,' it noted.

'Feeling secure with our nuclear arsenal, we have been neglecting other weapons for the last three years while we need to keep some kind of parity with India,' it said.

Citing BrahMos, the daily said the cruise missile, with a range of 290 km, could travel at thrice the speed of sound.

'They should strive to find something to tackle this threat and India's fighter planes,' it said.

when f-19 offered to india

[​IMG]:emot0:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. dr0ne

dr0ne Regular Member

Good for them. I am glad they are spending more and more money on defence. This will accelerate the collapse of Pakistani state.

4. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

they can ask more add

kill few Taliban leader and get more add free free

5. Neil

Neil Senior Member Senior Member

F-19....??!!wow...they are real dreamers.....they create new threats now even new planes...tomorrow new country....:emot15:

6. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

F-19... ? what plane is that ? ...

7. EagleOne

EagleOne Regular Member

it is non conformed US stealth fighter

8. o'conor

o'conor Regular Member

i think they confused f-18 with f-19

9. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

well why doesnt pakistan divert all their annual budget for defence? i'll be more than happy if they were to do that and as such pakistan was all about its elites so what if a few 10s or 100s of millions were to die in bargain, atleast that will make sure a few thousand elites do really live life king size or even better, all i care for is this country signing its own death warrant, the sooner the better, and the sooner they divert all their annual budget for defence the better for us.

10. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Maybe that is GOI's slow policy automatically making Islamabad spend more against their own ego to match India's capability. This will eventually leave Pakistan with no resources to suffice the basic needs of ordinary countrymen (which is happening even now)

When was the last time some Pakistani Media urged their Government to spend resources to fulfill the basic needs of their citizens or divert the Defense investment into relief efforts of Flood victims?

Counter Indian Military spending? my **s. Request should be "Counter possible Indian Military threat" & pressure should be put to "Stop the Anti-India activity through various Terrorist organization". Only then Indian military threat can be diluted. No need for Pak to match Indian military spending. Focus should be to cut down military spending in future by shaping up the strategy which will reduce the Hostility & make sure that Nation in variety of crisis survives.

India's Defense goals are different so proportionate to its size & requirement GOI spends the money. Pakistan's resources can be spent better than that in Military.

11. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

With what? Non-serviceable loans?

As long as they're 'countering Indian military spending', they're spending less on public healthcare, education, infrastructure, post-flood rebuilding and investment. Suits us just fine.

Especially since they will be spending on technologically-inferior Chinese equipment anyway.

I expect their annual debt-servicing of $3 billion to be just unsustainable. If we really wanted to screw them at this point, we'd lobby the UN to not cancel their debt under the 'State of Necessity', for which some pakistani human rights groups have been advocating.

Besides, with the floods, the cost of insuring Pakistan's debt has jumped to a three-month high. Credit-default swaps have jumped from 331-basis points to 832-basis points, as of the last count. I don't see how they're gettin anywhere.

When they do default on their loans, the IMF will impose restructuring conditions, which will squeeze their economy even more and make them even more dependent on foreign powers than the doggy-with-the-bone they already are.

As of the latest June reports, they've decided to up military spending by 17% for the fiscal year 2010/11. Given the depreciation in their currency, and the forthcoming depreciation 'cuz of the floods, I wonder how much of that acceleration is real. I calculate that at a little more than 6 percent.

To that end, the following report might be useful:

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

12. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

How will this be done thru aid? I think most nations have reached the limits of their benevolence. Quality and free are not compatible most of the stuff from China will be low grade weapons that will not work as advertised by China.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  13. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Pakistan just does not get it does it. India has more on its mind than an irritating pest on its western neighborhood. India is trying to get to the high table in the international geo political equations while pakistan is only too obsessed with India. Indias economy is nearly 10 times Pak economy and the gap will only widen in years to come. If at all Pak needs to buy something is PEACE with India so that it can move on and get going with its economy which is in shambles. If it tries to match India, they will be left nowhere and may neigh surely cease to exist.

14. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Pakistan's annual budget is $30billion. It is believed that PA spends close to $10 billion on maintaining an armed forces of 600,000 million and of buying and maintaining of military toys be it Aircraft, submarines, helicopters or associated weaponry. And then they have to pay at least $3 billions per year towards debt servicing. With only $17 billion left to spend on internal security, infrastructure building and maintainance, education, social welfare, employee wages etc there is no chance that this country will sustain such defense spending without affecting an already dismal economic, social and security situation in Pakistan. Anyways. they are headed towards a slow but eventual collapse.

15. Agantrope

Agantrope Senior Member Senior Member

World eat! Grass eat pakistan :emot15:

16. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

In a press conference held on May, 1974, shortly after India's nuclear test. Prime Minister Bhutto said "even if we have to eat grass, we will make nuclear bombs"
    Zulfikar Ali Bhutto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

17. ganesh177

ganesh177 Regular Member

Its a very sorry state of pakistani media as well that instead of pushing the administration for spending more on education, eradicating poverty and extremism, they are rather pushing govt to spend more on military toys to match their neighbours.

Surely that will leave no choice for commmon man to eat rass.

18. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

He won;t bother eating grass, He and his rich family frnds MP's and elites won't be the once eating grass, the people eating grass will be the poor people, the commen people allways have to suffer for their leaders idiot icy.

19. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

My thoughts exactly. We should keep increasing slightly every year just to fasten there collapse.

20. neo29

neo29 Senior Member Senior Member

This news papers cant get their facts straight and call F-19's offered to India. We shouldnt be even looking at such low level news papers.

21. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Some hardline media might encourage Pakistan to match India in the defense arena; there are many commentators who are warning against such a move. I would like to highlight a couple of videos where a few Pakistani panelists speak a lot of sense, a rare commodity in Pakistan.

I would like to invite members in DFI to comment on the aforeposted videos.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015